Mick and Joe Jagger......

G

jagger_wideweb__470x352,0.jpg

How the f*** is this possible??? Gives those a hard time who claim it is all about the genes.....

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does make you wonder if he's wearing a system (Mick that is, LOL) and if many other Rock people are....

Sean68

Reaction score
i dont think its a system. if it is hes been very clever with it in that hes
never shown any signs of thinning. he gets a rough ride from the press
but i think he looks great for his age.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

The gene for male pattern baldness and its progression are largely unknown. Many people report close to no balding with their father (or on thier mother's family) and yet are bald at 25. There are some families where one son is bald and the other son has no hairloss. If your father is slick bald at 85, all we can conclude is that the gene for male pattern baldness exists in your bloodline and you MAY go bald, nothing more. For instance, my grandfather had heart disease and only one of his three children appear to have the same condition. If one has male pattern baldness then they acquired that gene from somewhere in their bloodline....period.
Why is this so hard to understand?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I wonder if the Stones would have been so succesful if Mick had inherited his fathers m.p.b?

G

s.a.f said:
I wonder if the Stones would have been so succesful if Mick had inherited his fathers m.p.b?

With the music they've done, I'd say hell yeah. I'd like to think that for most people rock 'n' roll is all about the music (except for some shallow teenage girls who mostly idolise the good-looking artists, I've never understood that). Did Anthrax lost a lot of fans when Scott Ian went bald? How about R.E.M. when Michael Stipe started to shave? Smashing Pumpkins?

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
[quote="s.a.f":4281d]I wonder if the Stones would have been so succesful if Mick had inherited his fathers m.p.b?

With the music they've done, I'd say hell yeah. I'd like to think that for most people rock 'n' roll is all about the music (except for some shallow teenage girls who mostly idolise the good-looking artists, I've never understood that). Did Anthrax lost a lot of fans when Scott Ian went bald? How about R.E.M. when Michael Stipe started to shave? Smashing Pumpkins?[/quote:4281d]

But those bands you listed never became popular based on sex appeal.

evildude

Established Member
Reaction score
perhaps, but who in their right mind would ever find mick jagger attractive nowadays? or even 20 years ago... :lol:

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Lucky, lucky, lucky bastard! I think it's a little suspicious that Mick, Ron, Keith and Charlie ALL have full heads of hair in their 60's. The odds of that are certainly not in their favour.

Still, the best Rolling Stone (incidentally, he had the best hair too!) was the great Brian Jones.

BrianJones_Pallenberg.jpg

God, what I'd do for that hair!

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if the talent agents assess whether or not an artist will go bald before they sign them. It only makes perfect business sense to me.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Stu85 said:
Lucky, lucky, lucky bastard! I think it's a little suspicious that Mick, Ron, Keith and Charlie ALL have full heads of hair in their 60's. The odds of that are certainly not in their favour.

Still, the best Rolling Stone (incidentally, he had the best hair too!) was the great Brian Jones.

God, what I'd do for that hair!

Would you wear it in that style though?

Ronnie's is a blatant wig (no one has hair like that at any age), as I suspect is Bill Wymans.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Captain Obvious said:
Sometimes I wonder if the talent agents assess whether or not an artist will go bald before they sign them. It only makes perfect business sense to me.

Yep probably but it only really matters if its the lead singer, nobody cares if a drummer is bald.
I once heard it said that Mick Jagger proves it does'nt matter how old you get as long as you dont get fat or bald.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Management companies and record labels don't check for signs of male pattern baldness, as long as they can make money out of you there and then they are happy enough, artists are signed to deals that allow them to be dropped after given time periods, if someones appearance begins to deteriorate then yes, it will affect their next deal. If Mick had aged like Joe there's no way that the Stones would still be as big.

G

Omfg, this must be the best hair I have ever seen. I would murder every single one of you for that hair (nothing personal). And I would wear it exactly like that. At least for a while. Since with that hair you can get a new hairstyle every month. f*****g amazing. Too bad he died so young. What a waste.

Someone mentioned that the Stones are a great Rock band and would be successful even if Mick had his father´s "hair". I disagree. Sure, the Stones were a great band in the 60s and 70s, but they basically didn´t make any good records in the last 30 years. Nowadays they are famous for their live performances. Mick looks still really young, he basically looks like he did 25 years ago (though I think he may be dying his hair a bit). If he was bald nobody would pay to see him running around on the stage. He would look like a comedian and the Stones wouldn´t sell out stadiums.

G

Taugenichts said:
Omfg, this must be the best hair I have ever seen. I would murder every single one of you for that hair (nothing personal). And I would wear it exactly like that. At least for a while. Since with that hair you can get a new hairstyle every month. f****ing amazing. Too bad he died so young. What a waste.

Someone mentioned that the Stones are a great Rock band and would be successful even if Mick had his father´s "hair". I disagree. Sure, the Stones were a great band in the 60s and 70s, but they basically didn´t make any good records in the last 30 years. Nowadays they are famous for their live performances. Mick looks still really young, he basically looks like he did 25 years ago (though I think he may be dying his hair a bit). If he was bald nobody would pay to see him running around on the stage. He would look like a comedian and the Stones wouldn´t sell out stadiums.

Wtf are you on? AC/DC still sell out stadiums although Brian Jones and Angus Young are practically bald. None of them is exactly a pretty boy either (maybe Angus was when he was young). It's all about the music for MEN. Slayer is still darn popular and their guitarist Kerry King is rocking a shaved head. Ah nevermind, it's obvious that you're a fan of shallow pop culture and don't know sh*t about rock 'n' roll.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Taugenichts said:
Omfg, this must be the best hair I have ever seen. I would murder every single one of you for that hair (nothing personal). And I would wear it exactly like that. At least for a while. Since with that hair you can get a new hairstyle every month. f****ing amazing. Too bad he died so young. What a waste.

Wtf are you on? AC/DC still sell out stadiums although Brian Jones and Angus Young are practically bald. None of them is exactly a pretty boy either (maybe Angus was when he was young). It's all about the music for MEN. Slayer is still darn popular and their guitarist Kerry King is rocking a shaved head. Ah nevermind, it's obvious that you're a fan of shallow pop culture and don't know $#iT about rock 'n' roll.

Exactly! This is all about pop culture! Do you think anyone who truly LOVES music gives a f#ck about how the musicians look?

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Dave Gilmour hardly has flowing locks of his youth either. Some of you guys are so hung up on losing your hair that you over emphasise the importance of the public perception of baldness\balding.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
Wtf are you on? AC/DC still sell out stadiums although Brian Jones and Angus Young are practically bald. None of them is exactly a pretty boy either (maybe Angus was when he was young). It's all about the music for MEN. Slayer is still darn popular and their guitarist Kerry King is rocking a shaved head. Ah nevermind, it's obvious that you're a fan of shallow pop culture and don't know $#iT about rock 'n' roll.

I have about 40 Stones songs on my ipod......

Btw. Young and Johnson usually wear hats on pictures....