Mick and Joe Jagger......

G

Taugenichts said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
Wtf are you on? AC/DC still sell out stadiums although Brian Jones and Angus Young are practically bald. None of them is exactly a pretty boy either (maybe Angus was when he was young). It's all about the music for MEN. Slayer is still darn popular and their guitarist Kerry King is rocking a shaved head. Ah nevermind, it's obvious that you're a fan of shallow pop culture and don't know $#iT about rock 'n' roll.

I have about 40 Stones songs on my ipod......

Btw. Young and Johnson usually wear hats on pictures....

Johnson has worn a hat ever since his Geordie days, it's a part of his image, he's not hiding his baldness. Angus Young never wears the hat on a concert situation, he comes to the stage with the school boy hat on but literally shakes it off during the first few songs. Also, the school boy uniform is a part of his image, he's not hiding his baldness under hat. In fact, he sports a close buzz cut these days. Didn't really get the point of "I have about 40 Stones songs on my ipod......", but nevermind that.

s.a.f

Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Taugenichts said:
Mick looks still really young,

Wtf are you on? AC/DC still sell out stadiums although Brian Jones and Angus Young are practically bald. None of them is exactly a pretty boy either (maybe Angus was when he was young). It's all about the music for MEN. Slayer is still darn popular and their guitarist Kerry King is rocking a shaved head. Ah nevermind, it's obvious that you're a fan of shallow pop culture and don't know $#iT about rock 'n' roll.

Yeah these 70's rock bands can still sell out stadiums but how many singles/albums do they sell these days? Are most of their fans now middle aged so therefore they dont care what they look like? At a Stones gig the average audience member is about 50 yrs old.
I think that Taugs point was for a new or unestablished band image is very important and most of these guys had great hair when they first became successfull.

BTW Taug Mick Jagger does'nt look that young anymore, even with hair.

G

s.a.f said:
[quote="GrowHairGrow!":86875]
Taugenichts said:
Mick looks still really young,
Yeah these 70's rock bands can still sell out stadiums but how many singles/albums do they sell these days? Are most of their fans now middle aged so therefore they dont care what they look like? At a Stones gig the average audience member is about 50 yrs old.
I think that Taugs point was for a new or unestablished band image is very important and most of these guys had great hair when they first became successfull.

BTW Taug Mick Jagger does'nt look that young anymore, even with hair.
[/quote:86875]

Yeah that's a valid point. I don't think AC/DC has never sold that many singles anyway, it was more about the album sales I think. Anyhoo, there's also lots of young people in the crowd, a whole new generation that's digging the older bands. The same happens with AC/DC, Iron Maiden, The Stones etc. Add Metallica, James Hetfield is very close to being bald and so is Lars Ulrich. Still sell out stadiums, and not even nearly everyone in the crowd is 50.

And Mick really looks his age, very wrinkly face. Maybe he's in better physical condition than most men his age, but looks old nevertheless.

G

GrowHairGrow! said:
Didn't really get the point of "I have about 40 Stones songs on my ipod......", but nevermind that.

You were calling me a "fan of pop culture" which I am not. When I was younger I also listened to ACDC and Slayer. I still like the first 3 Metallica albums.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
Taugenichts said:
Omfg, this must be the best hair I have ever seen. I would murder every single one of you for that hair (nothing personal). And I would wear it exactly like that. At least for a while. Since with that hair you can get a new hairstyle every month. f****ing amazing. Too bad he died so young. What a waste.

Someone mentioned that the Stones are a great Rock band and would be successful even if Mick had his father´s "hair". I disagree. Sure, the Stones were a great band in the 60s and 70s, but they basically didn´t make any good records in the last 30 years. Nowadays they are famous for their live performances. Mick looks still really young, he basically looks like he did 25 years ago (though I think he may be dying his hair a bit). If he was bald nobody would pay to see him running around on the stage. He would look like a comedian and the Stones wouldn´t sell out stadiums.

Firstly.. it's Brian Johnson, secondly.. he wears a cap for a reason, I admire your idealism of 'MENS' music but you're wrong. Rockers display some of the worst examples of acceptance with balding actually. :wink:

G

UK1 said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
Taugenichts said:
Omfg, this must be the best hair I have ever seen. I would murder every single one of you for that hair (nothing personal). And I would wear it exactly like that. At least for a while. Since with that hair you can get a new hairstyle every month. f****ing amazing. Too bad he died so young. What a waste.

Someone mentioned that the Stones are a great Rock band and would be successful even if Mick had his father´s "hair". I disagree. Sure, the Stones were a great band in the 60s and 70s, but they basically didn´t make any good records in the last 30 years. Nowadays they are famous for their live performances. Mick looks still really young, he basically looks like he did 25 years ago (though I think he may be dying his hair a bit). If he was bald nobody would pay to see him running around on the stage. He would look like a comedian and the Stones wouldn´t sell out stadiums.

Firstly.. it's Brian Johnson, secondly.. he wears a cap for a reason, I admire your idealism of 'MENS' music but you're wrong. Rockers display some of the worst examples of acceptance with balding actually. :wink:

Lol yeah, Brian Johnson. Dunno why I wrote Jones, I don't even like The Stones THAT much. Some accept balding, some don't. Rockstars are not different.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
flimflam said:
s.a.f said:
Would you wear it in that style though?

hell yeah that looks awesome

you know it!

oasis.jpg

ianbrownls05.jpg

83_RichardAshcroft_L071105.jpg

:hairy:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Really?
Guess it must be because I'm a southern shandy drinker that I think that looks sh!Telogen Effluvium.

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Would you wear it in that style though?

Yes! But here's a modern update of that hairstyle, courtesy of Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie (who is about 45 by the way):

gillespie.jpg

primalscreamsinger777_1140372267.jpg

Looks awesome. I'd love to have my hair like that. If I had enough. :(

Bring on the hair cloning!

Sean68

Reaction score
andy bells going. hardly in bonehead country but you can see it.
noels hairs is just ridiculous he'll be like arsene wenger when hes sixty.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Class A drugs must have some DHT inhibiting qualities. :freaked: