Mitchem's story - (age 25, Looking for help. Pics posted.)

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im mike 25yrs old and im like the rest of you worried about my hair.
Basically it's getting me down quite alot and I want to do something about it, and now...

Anyone who can help me I'd really appriciate it as I just don't no what to do. I've been looking at hair transplant's but im hoping I can attack the problem early enough to avoid a hair transplant.

It's the front bit on the left hand side where im affected and obviously the crown...

Picture109.jpg

wotsthedeal

Reaction score
Re: Looking for help. Pics posted.

You seem to be thinning, but I would recommend against a hair transplant. For starters, you are too young and you don't know how aggressive your hair loss will be. You still have a good amount of hair and with treatment you can probably keep most of it for the foreseeable future.

thinman2

Reaction score
Think my hair would be simular to that if had it the same length. I have been on Propecia for just over a month and using regaine as well. From what I have read on the forums propecia should hopefully stop it get it worse and regaine will help with regrowth if thats what your after

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Right im looking to start treatment on my hair but don't want to affect my system(No propcia)

So I guess I start with minoxidil 5% Rogaine foam? Anyone got any other ideas and also a link to where I could buy the products.

Thank you
Mike

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah but you'll eventually be dissatisfied with minoxidil alone and start propecia anyway. Why not just begin with propecia and not develop minoxidil dependence? Seriously, if you aren't comfortable going to your family Doctor for something cosmetic, go to a local hair transplant surgeon and they'd be more than happy to give you a Rx for propecia/proscar. I work in a dr's office currently and that's what I did. I'd rather keep it low-key.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Mitchem said:
Right im looking to start treatment on my hair but don't want to affect my system(No propcia)

So I guess I start with minoxidil 5% Rogaine foam? Anyone got any other ideas and also a link to where I could buy the products.

Thank you
Mike

But if you're hellbent on starting minoxidil, i'd go with the foam.

If you want something like a lotion check out MiN Agent. I had great results with that even after other minoxidil had stopped working and had ruined the texture of my hair. They also have a great line of "anti-DHT" shampoos but it all comes with a premium. I am likely quitting this regimen and starting on foam after my system gets used to the propecia I just began...

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
medmax84 said:
yeah but you'll eventually be dissatisfied with minoxidil alone and start propecia anyway. Why not just begin with propecia and not develop minoxidil dependence? Seriously, if you aren't comfortable going to your family Doctor for something cosmetic, go to a local hair transplant surgeon and they'd be more than happy to give you a Rx for propecia/proscar. I work in a dr's office currently and that's what I did. I'd rather keep it low-key.

Im worried about the affects though. I went to my local pharmacy and they made out the affects where to dangerous for me?

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Mitchem said:
medmax84 said:

Im worried about the affects though. I went to my local pharmacy and they made out the affects where to dangerous for me?

I've been on propecia for 3 days with zero side effects. Supposedly, I'm supposed to be experiences some sort of imbalance that I'm supposed to be getting over during this first week or two...so far, nothing. No sexual side effects, no brain fog (no more than usual anyway :freak:). Ask your Doctor for some sample packs if he has any. I'm currently living on four sample packs haha. Paid for my visit!

To me, I look at the tiny 1mg pill and laugh at the thought that it could have the balls to think it could interfere with my unstoppable sex drive. I've been trying to keep it under control for years to no avail...

CD79

Reaction score
The effects are rare and completely reversible if you stop treatment. Judging from your pics I would say that you're unlikely to have a satisfactory response from Rogaine alone, the area of thinning is just too wide. It'll cost you a fortune to cover that area twice a day.

The foam would be absorbed to eisily by the hair and the liquid would leave your whole head a greasy horrible mess.

You're far better off getting on finasteride and then adding Rogaine for the temples initially. If that doesn't work then try it all over.

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply mate.

Tbh The crown area is not bothering me as much(YET) as the left hand side near the temple. On the pic I posted it dont look as bad as it is (I will try and get and get a better one up of it). So if I get the foam just for now will that improve that area?

Again really appriciate all replys to help me.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
CD79 said:
The effects are rare and completely reversible if you stop treatment. Judging from your pics I would say that you're unlikely to have a satisfactory response from Rogaine alone, the area of thinning is just too wide. It'll cost you a fortune to cover that area twice a day.

The foam would be absorbed to eisily by the hair and the liquid would leave your whole head a greasy horrible mess.

You're far better off getting on finasteride and then adding Rogaine for the temples initially. If that doesn't work then try it all over.

I'm not sure that you understand how minoxidil works. It diffuses across a much wider area than where you apply it. To get diffusion throughout my scalp, I usually apply the minoxidil at my sagittal suture, at the crown, and at the temples. However none of this is proven, so its at your discretion what to believe.

his advice is sound, though. Try propecia first.

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh and for the record, your thinning pattern is almost identical to my own. Here's hoping propecia helps :)

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok I've decided I need to start the big 3, and now.

Whats the best thing to do, order of the net? If anyone could direct me I'd appriciate it.

Thanks Mike

medmax84

Established Member
Reaction score
Mitchem said:

Whats the best thing to do, order of the net? If anyone could direct me I'd appriciate it.

Thanks Mike

IF you're going to order propecia from the net, I'd order from Canada WITH a site that requires a prescription. Its best that you go to a doctor and get a script... just say you have a cold to make the appointment and you'll only have a copay. When the Doctor comes in, say your voice has been raspy and you think you have a cold and then just ask him for a script for propecia to top it off... AND make sure to ask if he has any sample packs.

I'm considering doing this, so let me know what's up.

For minoxidil, there are a huge amt of places from which you can order... hairlosstalk.com even has some minoxidil you can order. I doubt you'd get fake minoxidil, as it's a fairly cheap compound and it's OTC.

You can buy Nizoral 1% shampoo at most grocery stores.

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
medmax84 said:
Mitchem said:

Thanks Mike

IF you're going to order propecia from the net, I'd order from Canada WITH a site that requires a prescription. Its best that you go to a doctor and get a script... just say you have a cold to make the appointment and you'll only have a copay. When the Doctor comes in, say your voice has been raspy and you think you have a cold and then just ask him for a script for propecia to top it off... AND make sure to ask if he has any sample packs.

I'm considering doing this, so let me know what's up.

For minoxidil, there are a huge amt of places from which you can order... hairlosstalk.com even has some minoxidil you can order. I doubt you'd get fake minoxidil, as it's a fairly cheap compound and it's OTC.

You can buy Nizoral 1% shampoo at most grocery stores.

Thanks mate. ordered the minoxidil from that site you posted above also with the help of Dr jekyll who has kindly replied to my Pms, I've ordered proscar and going to cut them into 5.

So now its just a case of waiting for them to arrive and start using them. Do I just get started with all 3 straight away or start the proscar for a couple of week then start using foam and shampoo?

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, since I ordered Proscar I've started to read more about it and also I've a few negative post's on it here. Im now really worried about taking it when they arrive. Am I over worrying? If I start using it and im having problems, then stop will it reverse them? Sorry, I just want some views on this.

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok the 3 have arrived. I have starting using shampoo. I was going to start using the finasteride for 2 weeks before I hit the minoxidil as I heard he helps keeps the hair strong so you don't shed as much?

Anyway the proscar Tabs are so small(smaller than I thought anyway) I was going to cut them into 10 so I would only be starting with 0.50mg then move to 1mg when my body got used to the med. I dont think I'll be abel to cut them into 5 nevermind 10. Any help would be appriciated alot.

Thanks Mike

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mitchem said:
Ok the 3 have arrived. I have starting using shampoo. I was going to start using the finasteride for 2 weeks before I hit the minoxidil as I heard he helps keeps the hair strong so you don't shed as much?

Anyway the proscar Tabs are so small(smaller than I thought anyway) I was going to cut them into 10 so I would only be starting with 0.50mg then move to 1mg when my body got used to the med. I dont think I'll be abel to cut them into 5 nevermind 10. Any help would be appriciated alot.

Thanks Mike

i cut them into 5 - its easy...

or dissolve in alcohol and take that way