Mitchem's story - (age 25, Looking for help. Pics posted.)

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Im on to my second week of the Proscar and im shedding Quite alot. Should I just keep going and then add minoxidil now? Also I started the shampoo a few weeks ago. Im only 25 and will I have a good chance of regrowth and keeping what I have with these 3. Cheers

Petchsky

Reaction score
Just keep going buddy. It's a hell of a ride the first few months on the big 3...Do your best to educate yourself about hair loss, the more you know the better equipped you are. There is no standard result on the big 3, but you're using the 3 best drugs for combating hairloss. I've been using proscar, minoxidil and nizoral for 6 years and got some regrowth and managed to maintain what i have, try not to get to paranoid about possible side effects from the proscar. :)

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok Ive been taking proscar for about 4-5 weeks now. Slight headaches which is not really bothering me much. It's the watery Seman that im worried about. Will this go? Or will I have to come off it as I will be wanting to start a trying for Kid's soon, and im worried sick if im being honest.

Also Thinnining a bit on top and also a itchy flakey scalp.

I just feel it's all to much(the affects) than it should be. Or is this the normal process?

Overall I feel a little better about myself, that im trying to stop it. Just worried a little and want some help please.

Mike.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
im about 7 weeks into minoxidil and i get the itchy flaky stuff too still. The itch only happens rarely but the flakes are pretty consistent. Nizoral helps a lot with the itch. shedding has subsided. I think its all pretty common and you just need to stick it out.

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
im about 7 weeks into minoxidil and i get the itchy flaky stuff too still. The itch only happens rarely but the flakes are pretty consistent. Nizoral helps a lot with the itch. shedding has subsided. I think its all pretty common and you just need to stick it out.

Cheers buddy, yeah Nizoral has helped with the itch but not as much as the dead skin the head. I will stick it out.

Just some advice on my other problems im expierncing aswell if anybody can help?

Cheers mike

Jake_89

Established Member
Reaction score
Good thread

will read again

Keep us updated!

And dont give up bro those sound normal too me..

Petchsky

Reaction score
The watery semen is temporary, for me anyway, as for headaches i'm not sure that really is a side effect of finasteride, people attaching it to finasteride, but come on, who doesn't get headaches?

Tis all normal, also there are people who have conceived while still taking proscar, alot of what Merck puts on the label is just covering it's back legally, yet people scan through it like it's a matter of life and death, but trust me dude if people taking proscar were turning into mutant freaks and have abnormal babies you would have heard about it by now :)

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys for clearing it up. I was just abit unsure, i'll keep going...

It's not as much of a headache I was wrong to say that. I take the 1/5th of proscar before bed, and wake up abit drowsy. Im going to change the pattern and start taking it in the morning, hopefully that will sort that.

Mitchem

Established Member
Reaction score
6 week update-

Watery Seman has stopped. Shedding seems to have calmed down(hopefully the new hairs will arrive soon. Itichy head sometimes.

Bought- Vitamin c 500mg(High Strength)
Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg(High Strength)

Still looking for a good conditioner, as the nizoral dries out the hair.

So my Treatment is-

1/5 of Proscar- Daily
Vitamin c 500mg(High Strength)-Daily
Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000mg(High Strength)-Daily
Muilti Vitamin- every other day.
nizoral- every 2 days.

Still not on minoxidil as I ordered the foam, but then seen the thread on the foam not being as effecttive as Liquid. Will try and avoid it for now.

I'll put some pic's on this week.

Mike