Mohyla103's Story

mohyla103

Reaction score
A few little ones I noticed

Not sure if this is minoxidil-induced regrowth or just a normal amount of hairs that happen to be at this length at this time, but I don't remember seeing so many little guys like this before.

Attachments

• DSC02666.JPG
    DSC02666.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC02667.JPG
    DSC02667.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC02670.JPG
    DSC02670.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 164

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you think you actually lost your temple points (triangles next to the ear), or did you never have them to begin with?

I thought I had lost mine too, but honestly I never had them. I have a roommate who doesn't have any either and he has no hair loss.

mohyla103

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Do you think you actually lost your temple points (triangles next to the ear), or did you never have them to begin with?

I know I used to have them because of this little scar on my upper forehead that I got when I was two or three years old. When I was little and I wanted to show people the scar it wasn't easy to do because I had to search behind my hairline and spread the hair apart in order to see it. Then when I was older I remember one time the scar was really easy to find because it was right on the edge of my hairline. I should've realized then that I was losing my hair, but I only associated baldness with thinning on top, I didn't realize temporal loss was often the first sign.

Now the scar is about 2cm ahead of my hairline.

I think I must have lost this hair very early on though, before I was 18. It's so long ago I can't remember and I'm only 24 now. When I go back home, I will be checking old pictures of myself to see the difference.

I wonder if this part of the hairline has any link to male pattern baldness at all though? The standard Norwood diagrams all show even NW6 still retaining that little triangle, so I'm not sure if male pattern baldness is to blame for my loss of this or not.

mohyla103

Reaction score
Update 1: I am definitely getting something growing in the temple regions that wasn't there before. I guess this is a good sign at only 1.5 months. Right know it's all just fine blonde vellus hair, but it's quite long for vellus hair. Hopefully this will all turn terminal at some stage.

Update 2: I am experiencing one side effect of the finasteride: watery semen. VERY watery... not causing any problems of course, but it sure is strange to experience a sudden change like that.

mohyla103

Reaction score
Update

My digital camera has been in the repair shop for over a month so I have no new pictures. My right temple is definitely growing a lot of new hair (!) but at this point it's still not really visible until very close. The new hairs are quite short still but we'll see what they're like in a couple months. The right temple shows sign of regrowth along the lower side (the "point") and the hair there is much longer than before, but the higher recession doesn't seem to be changing.

Semen quality is back to normal, though the volume is less than before. Libido is quite low, but that could be due to other stress in my life right now, too.

Pictures as soon as possible, but I'm going on vacation for a month, so probably not till the end of August!