Mr_Incognito's Story - (24)

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm 24, and when I was 17, my ex-girlfriends brother was standing over me while I was sitting on a couch. At the time, I buzzed my hair to about a 3. Out of nowhere, he said I "looked like an old man," and when I asked why he said my hair was thinning. I did not really buy it, sure it was a bit thinner than most kids my age, but nothing substantial. My dad always talked about his families hair line and how it naturally recedes, which I could have lived with. Anyway, as time went on, my hair kept thinning gradually. I don't think it will thin much more, given that my father's hair was the same as mine when he was 24-25, and my older brother (6 yrs) has the same amount of hair loss. In any case, I am trying to do something about it.

My Regimen (so far)

2% Nizoral: 3x a week
5% rogaine foam: twice daily
1000mcg of Carlson's Fish Oil
250 mcg x2 daily Biotin

***If, after 4 months I have little to no results, I will add finasteride. I am trying to see if I can get by without it, let's hope I respond well to all of this***

Here are some photos I took earlier today, which is the day 1 of my regimen:

My hair loss looks pretty bad in these photo's, but I took them under natural light to best show where I am losing and the pattern etc. I'll be updating this thread monthly with new pictures, and hopefully, in a few months, it'll be moved to "success stories" :punk:

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-03-14 at 12.34.jpg
    Photo on 2011-03-14 at 12.34.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Photo on 2011-03-14 at 12.35.jpg
    Photo on 2011-03-14 at 12.35.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 170
  • Photo on 2011-03-14 at 12.35 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2011-03-14 at 12.35 #2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 189

FC 

Reaction score
Re: Hey Everyone!

Immortal Hair says that fish oil oxidizes whereas krill oil does not as it has astaxanthin in it. So, first off, I would take his advice and use krill oil instead because he appears to be quite smart.

Personally I think Nizoral is sh*t, I would recommend Regenepure DR or Revita instead. I've only used Revita, and you can use it every day without a problem unlike Nizoral, which is kind of harsh and potentially inflammatory with the SLS. Not only that, both products have other ingredients besides ketoconazole.

FWIW, I doubt your story will be a success story if you just take biotin and omega 3s and use a shampoo with your level of hair loss.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score

FC  said:
Immortal Hair says that fish oil oxidizes whereas krill oil does not as it has astaxanthin in it. So, first off, I would take his advice and use krill oil instead because he appears to be quite smart.

Personally I think Nizoral is sh*t, I would recommend Regenepure DR or Revita instead. I've only used Revita, and you can use it every day without a problem unlike Nizoral, which is kind of harsh and potentially inflammatory with the SLS. Not only that, both products have other ingredients besides ketoconazole.

FWIW, I doubt your story will be a success story if you just take biotin and omega 3s and use a shampoo with your level of hair loss.

Yea, as I said, my hair looks a whole hell of a lot worse than it actually is in these photos. It is due to the natural light + flash, and I had separated/parted my hair to show the full area. Plus, the contrast, dark hair only makes it look worse.

Thanks for the heads up about the Krill oil. Is anyone else using it? Do you know of a good/cheap supplier (I am in Canada)? What, exactly, is the problem you had with Nizoral? I know it dries out your hair, but mine is naturally coarse so it won't matter so long as I am using a decent conditioner. Again, I'll have to look into Regenpure, but I am assuming it is quite expensive and I am on a bit of a budget.

I was also wondering if anyone could direct me to a good source for finpecia/proscar without a prescription. I know about inhouse, but I was wondering if it will make it through customs and such. Don't want to throw my money away, but I guess it's a risk I'll have to take when purchasing from any supplier.

Thanks in advance!

FC 

Reaction score

Mr_Incognito said:
[quote="FC ":48jp3o0q]Immortal Hair says that fish oil oxidizes whereas krill oil does not as it has astaxanthin in it. So, first off, I would take his advice and use krill oil instead because he appears to be quite smart.

Yea, as I said, my hair looks a whole hell of a lot worse than it actually is in these photos. It is due to the natural light + flash, and I had separated/parted my hair to show the full area. Plus, the contrast, dark hair only makes it look worse.

Thanks for the heads up about the Krill oil. Is anyone else using it? Do you know of a good/cheap supplier (I am in Canada)? What, exactly, is the problem you had with Nizoral? I know it dries out your hair, but mine is naturally coarse so it won't matter so long as I am using a decent conditioner. Again, I'll have to look into Regenpure, but I am assuming it is quite expensive and I am on a bit of a budget.

I was also wondering if anyone could direct me to a good source for finpecia/proscar without a prescription. I know about inhouse, but I was wondering if it will make it through customs and such. Don't want to throw my money away, but I guess it's a risk I'll have to take when purchasing from any supplier.

Thanks in advance![/quote:48jp3o0q]

I use Vitacost for supplements. Lots of good brands there, including their brand NSI.

I found Nizoral left my hair very dry and lifeless. I also found it less the scalp feeling a little painful sometimes. Sites that I trust to provide me with good products and/or info discourage the use of SLS containing products, which Nizoral contains.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score

@ FC

Thanks man, I do appreciate the advice and info. This site is a bonus, but it leads you to obsess a little bit! I will take a look at those sites.

@ Finfighter

Trust me, I know. I am also using Rogaine Foam. I've read the link in your sig many times, I've lurked for a few months. I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to do that, it is genuinely helpful.

I know I am missing finasteride, but I am so f*****g worried about sides. Fincar is dirt cheap, and I find myself going onto inhouse to check it out, but I don't pull the trigger because of the dreaded sides. At the same time, I am only 24, and I know that the earlier I get on the stuff the better. I've looked at spironolactone, and I keep hearing that it, alone, is not strong enough to yield substantial results.

Oh yea and I wanted to ask you about your opinion of SLS containing products (nizoral). Something to worry about?

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score

finfighter said:
Yeah, I understand what you mean about finasteride, but you could try a topical like CB or RU, although these are exspensive and a hassle to buy. spironolactone might be worth a shot first because it's convenient. Honestly though, I would recommend that you try finasteride first to see if you can tolerate it.

I think that Nizoral is a great product, I have been using it for a while with no complaints most soaps have SLS. I wouldn't lose any sleep over the fact that nizoral contains them, LOL.

Good luck dude! I think that Rogaine foam may fill in that crown a bit, but you need to do something to get your androgens in control, let me know if you need any help finding treatments.

Thanks again, and there is something I hope you can help me with. I live in Canada, so inhouse pharmacy is not an option for fincar, do you know of any legit online pharma's that will ship to Canada, I'm in Ontario, not that it makes much of a difference.

Jacob

Reaction score

FC  said:

IH got that from Dr. Mercola..who he used to bash :whistle:

But that's a bit untrue..about fish oil. There are plenty of 'em that are just fine..have antioxidants added to preserve them. As Krill oil contains..naturally.

Neptune krill oil is my fav..as far as krill oil goes. Mercola.com also has a good krill oil supplement. And Swansonvitamins.com is another good source of supplements.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score

Jacob said:
FC  said:

But that's a bit untrue..about fish oil. There are plenty of 'em that are just fine..have antioxidants added to preserve them. As Krill oil contains..naturally.

Neptune krill oil is my fav..as far as krill oil goes. Mercola.com also has a good krill oil supplement. And Swansonvitamins.com is another good source of supplements.

Thanks man! Every little bit on information helps in this uphill battle! I'm using Carlson's fish oil, which I've been told by nutritionists is pretty good.

Jacob

Reaction score

Jacob said:
FC  said:

Neptune krill oil is my fav..as far as krill oil goes. Mercola.com also has a good krill oil supplement as well(even though I don't like his fish oil bashing). And Swansonvitamins.com is another good source of supplements

wessneijder

Established Member
Reaction score

Look man all these people on here telling you to get on finasteride. Just do it. Try it yourself. I bet you'll get sides, but once you stop taking it the sides will go away.

I read up on here about the side effects of Finasteride before I visited my Doctor. I mentioned it to him and he said "That's a small amount of people and if you are paranoid about it you will experience the sides." So I took the drug for 3 months. By the 3rd month my girlfriend couldn't get me hard. I had been having sex with her up until that point but about that time I couldn't get hard. No matter how hard she sucked. No matter how often we waited to have sex. I didn't blow a load in 3 weeks and still couldn't c*m.

My point is try it but try to keep an open mind. Don't expect sides but when you get them just quit.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Jacob said:
FC  said:

which fish oil do you reccomend?

FC 

Reaction score

Jacob said:
Jacob said:
FC  said:

Neptune krill oil is my fav..as far as krill oil goes. Mercola.com also has a good krill oil supplement as well(even though I don't like his fish oil bashing). And Swansonvitamins.com is another good source of supplements

Thanks for the info.

Jacob

Reaction score

which fish oil do you reccomend?

I don't like recommending things..but I'll post some I think are good :woot:
Some may actually be more expensive than krill oil...

This is currently what I take: http://www.biopharmasci.com/products/nanoepa/overview

As you can see..they make similar absorb-ability(may claim better) claims as the krill oil makers..make. Then other goodies in it as well.

They also have this product: http://www.biopharmasci.com/Products/NanOmega3/Overview

Some others:

http://www.coromega.com/

http://www.vectomega.com/

Other brands that should be fine..IMO...New Chapter..Natural Factors...Nordic Naturals...Garden of Life...Enzymatic Therapy....Jarrow...Life Extension...etc.

Shop around for any of 'em..if interested. No need to purchase directly from the company.

Jacob

Reaction score

Those are good as well. I was just listing those I could remember that I personally would take. Notice some..like the Coromega and NanoEPA...are emulsified(or whatever)..so they claim enhanced absorb-ability ...like krill oil. But "plain" fish oil is also healthy.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score

Jacob said:
Those are good as well. I was just listing those I could remember that I personally would take. Notice some..like the Coromega and NanoEPA...are emulsified(or whatever)..so they claim enhanced absorb-ability ...like krill oil. But "plain" fish oil is also healthy.

Thanks Dude!

I am glad these are decent, as they are a good price and I get free shipping on them!

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score

I really recommend the Nordic Naturals brand fish oil. I have been using the supplement for a year now & actually have been taking b4 I go to sleep at night, which my dr recommended since I'm at rest. Whole Food or the Vitamin Shoppe & online have them for good prices. Good luck man!

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score

jasinfla said:
I really recommend the Nordic Naturals brand fish oil. I have been using the supplement for a year now & actually have been taking b4 I go to sleep at night, which my dr recommended since I'm at rest. Whole Food or the Vitamin Shoppe & online have them for good prices. Good luck man!

Thanks man, everyone on here is so helpful/supportive, it sucks that we're all dealing with this, but at least we're in it together!

Jacob

Reaction score
Re: Mr_Incognito's story

Here's another krill oil product btw..the company just recently came out with it. The #'s look pretty good: http://www.krilloil.com/

Hmmm...similar to Mercola's:
Our krill oil is encapsulated in proprietary capliquesâ„¢ rather than softgel capsules. Our capliques are made from tilapia fish gelatin, while most manufacturers make their softgel capsules out of animal fat.

That's in the FAQ section..where you'll see an intro offer as well.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Re: Mr_Incognito's story

Brief Update:

It has been one month since I started my regime. Obviously, no cosmetic improvements to speak of just yet.

minoxidil tends to make my head a little itchy, but it is tolerable. The foam is quite convenient, but I've been thinking about adding one of these for my nighttime application:

http://www.amazon.com/Minoxidil-Inhibit ... d_sbs_bt_3

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/15-MINOXIDIL-5-AZEL ... 1e627c76cb

Can anyone speak to their efficacy? How messy is the application and how quick does it dry? Thanks in advance!

I have not noticed any sides from Nizoral. I've been quite pleased with how it soothes the itch/inflammation that may be caused by minoxidil (or just standard effects of male pattern baldness). In either case, it is a keeper.

I have been going through a shed, which makes me excited somewhat because it is a sign that the minoxidil is working. To counteract it, I've bought some Toppik. This stiff is absolutely AMAZING. I had seen and heard of the wonders it could do, but when you use it you forget that you're balding! I highly recommend it to anyone that's still on the fence, especially if you're worried about an incoming shed!

Cheers