mschai's story - (34 year old, sheeding like crazywith Pics)

mschai

Reaction score
I am a 34 yr old asian male. I think I have been losing my hair over the past 2-3 years. Only a few months ago that I realise that I do not have as much hair as I use to. I was worried, devastated and depress.

I can still hide it when my hair is dry (see pic). But when it is wet or gelled, it looks terrible. My scalp is visible. However, my hairline is still in tact. My problem is thinning at the crown. My hair is still growing and follicle still alive; problem is the hair at the top are thinner than the site and back.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x70/mschai73/Image004.jpg
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x70/mschai73/Image006.jpg

I do not lose a lot of hair while showering and thru out the day. I managed to put that under control.

Life has been a nightmare since.

I have decided this week to start on Propecia upon recommendations from friends and after reading the success story at this site. My hope is that I will be able to maintain my hair for a few more years until HM is available and hope that I will also be able to increase the thickness of my hair.

I wanted to ask you experienced forummers - What do you my chances are in fighting this?

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You will have a very high chance of keeping your hair if you use finasteride.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
FFS your 34 years old, your hair looks fine in those photos!

Your hair will thin slightly as you get older, its called nature, you will probably never go bald if your photos are anything to go by

mschai

Reaction score
I am thinning trust me. When it is wet, I look to have less hair than dry.
I am not taking the risk and will take Propecia hoping it will improve the situation.
Anyone in the same condition has sucess with Propecia before?

barcafan

Reaction score
If you dont wait to get on propecia then it would in all probability keep what oyu have now and most likely thicken it up.

G

A very good time to start treatment. Your male pattern baldness doesn´t appear to be very agressive. So, you have a very good chance of maintaining what you have got. I am unsure about thickening, only time will tell.

Good Luck!

mschai

Reaction score
I have just popped my first Propecia. Will provide updates when necessary.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Your male pattern baldness doesn't appear to exist at all....
Everyone thins as they get older. People just have very vivid memories of themselves as teens and in their 20's with marvelously thick hair. In truth most people don't even notice they are thinning until they look at very old pictures. From the pictures, it looks like you have absolutely no male pattern baldness. I would not suggest treatment, based on those pictures. Maybe if you took some with your hair wet and gelled, because your hair looks very good.

mschai

Reaction score
I will try to take some pic with wet and gelled hair. It does not look very good.
I can see 2 things when I run thru my hair and scalp: -
1. Hair at the crown are thinner than the side and back.
2. Some follicles are not growing hair.
I suspect I am having female pattern hair loss.
Anyway, I have started on finasteride and hopr my situation will improve within 6 months.

mschai

Reaction score
Do any of you reckon that I should add anything to my regime to help me improve or maintenance?

mschai

Reaction score
I am attaching picture of my hair when wet and combed towards the back. As you can see, the crown is quite thin for my liking.
I swear sometime it looks worse than the pic. It is the top that I wanted to streghthen.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
mschai said:
I am attaching picture of my hair when wet and combed towards the back. As you can see, the crown is quite thin for my liking.
I swear sometime it looks worse than the pic. It is the top that I wanted to streghthen.

yah i can def. tell in that pic....but still doesnt look bad at all...esp for a guy your age.

thinningontop

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
mschai said:

yah i can def. tell in that pic....but still doesnt look bad at all...esp for a guy your age.

I have to agree. it doesn't look like you even have any sign of hairloss there.

mschai

Reaction score
Probably. But I can feel that miniaturisation is kicking in already. If you see my earlier post, I have mentioned that the hair at the crown is different to the side and back.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
mschai said:
Probably. But I can feel that miniaturisation is kicking in already. If you see my earlier post, I have mentioned that the hair at the crown is different to the side and back.

Even when your hair is gelled and wet, it does not seem to me that there is any male pattern baldness. Comparing hair on top to that of the sides is often a misguided step to take. The hair on top, in many people, sticks up, whereas the hair on the sides tends to follow gravity and lean against the scalp, thus giving it a "thicker" look.

In my opinion, if you were to decide on any treatment, I do not believe you would need anything more than finasteride.

mschai

Reaction score
Thanks the advise. I will stick with finasteride for the moment. Just hope that finasteride can make my hair thicker.

mschai

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd day now. And I can feel my balls are a bit tight, not painful. Does the side kick in so fast or am I imaging things?

Assuming that I dun have male pattern baldness and just thinning due to age, what I can I expect from Finasteride on my hair?

mschai

Reaction score
Almost 2 weeks into finasteride. So far so good. No sides (yet).
I have seen so many success stories in this forum on finasteride and minoxidil. I am not sure if I should add minoxidil into my regime or should I wait. Need advice from experienced forumer.
For info, my problem is my hair are not as thick as it used to (could be sign of miniaturisation). No holes (yes).