mschai's story - (34 year old, sheeding like crazywith Pics)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mschai said:
Almost 2 weeks into finasteride. So far so good. No sides (yet).
I have seen so many success stories in this forum on finasteride and minoxidil. I am not sure if I should add minoxidil into my regime or should I wait. Need advice from experienced forumer.
For info, my problem is my hair are not as thick as it used to (could be sign of miniaturisation). No holes (yes).

dude finasteride wont make your hair thick in two weeks.

plus I dont see you worry so much. Your 40, and your hair looks better than half of the fellas at your age. So relax!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mschai said:
Correction...I am 34 not 40......

my bad. Your hair still look in decent shape nontheless.

I think it's very likely finasteride will make your exisiting hair thicker so the overall density will be better, GL!

mschai

Reaction score
Thanks. I am keeping my hope high.
Last week, I have met up with 2 persons who have success with finasteride.
One is my cousin. He has been on finasteride for more that 2 years. Initially it increased hair thickness and since then has been maintenance.
Another is a friend who has been taking it for 3.5 years. He was almost bald at the crown when he started. I was surprise by his progress that he regained about 60% of his hair and new hair still sprouting.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
mschai said:
http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x70/mschai73/?action=view&current=Image003.jpg
Your crown looks exactly like mine. I too have this thinning strip on the left side of the crown. But at 34, I would be worried too much if I were you. I'm almost 10 years younger than you and my hair looks like that even though I'm using propecia and nizoral.

mschai

Reaction score
How does you hair look like pre-propecia? Have you seen any improvement since using propecia?

BTW, my scalp started to itch after I start using finasteride? What's going on? Can Nizarol help?

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't really say, I buzzed my head for years up until using finasteride so I couldn't get an accurate read on the severity of the hair loss in the crown. I knew I was thinning a bit over there but when I finally grew the hair out, I realized that it was a little worse than I thought. So I can't tell if the meds really helped out on the crown.

Nizoral supposedly helps with the inflammation which may be the cause of the itch, so it could help you with that. Besides, Nizoral has anti-dht properties so it's a good idea to use it anyways.

mschai

Reaction score
Will try to source for Nizarol. Not sure if it is on sale in Malaysia.
BTW, I see that you have a success story. You must have maintained your hair so far if not growing it thicker.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mschai said:
BTW, I see that you have a success story. You must have maintained your hair so far if not growing it thicker.

To me maintainese = success, I aint greedy :D

mschai

Reaction score
yes...me too.......if i can thicken things up a bit, then i would be extremely happy....

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mschai said:
yes...me too.......if i can thicken things up a bit, then i would be extremely happy....

get on finasteride, I think it will most likely improve your hair. GL man

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
mschai said:

Yup, I've had good regrowth in the front (mainly due to minoxidil though) and moderate regrowth all over. The crown is the only thing really bugging me at the moment. If it gets any worse than I'll probably have to use minoxidil there too.

mschai

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
mschai said:

I hope so...i hope so.....life really sucks at the moment...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mschai said:
RaginDemon said:
mschai said:

you gotta keep your head up, the more you are depressed about this sh*t, the more it will get you. It took me a long while to learn. GL man!!!

mschai

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
mschai said:
RaginDemon said:
mschai said:

you gotta keep your head up, the more you are depressed about this $#iT, the more it will get you. It took me a long while to learn. GL man!!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I try not to think about it so much.
I have also added nizoral to my regime.

mschai

Reaction score
kalbo said:
mschai said:

Yup, I've had good regrowth in the front (mainly due to minoxidil though) and moderate regrowth all over. The crown is the only thing really bugging me at the moment. If it gets any worse than I'll probably have to use minoxidil there too.

How much regrowth do you have at your crown? Did you also manage to increase hair thickness (I mean quality the hair shaft). My concern is at my crown at the moment. BTW,
Hairline is holding pretty strongly.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
any update bro?