MSM best for making hair grow faster?

ali777

Reaction score
Mr_T said:
For the record I did use the search function first but it yielded no results which I found strange given I'd seen several posts about it previously.

I had the same experience. Searching for MSM doesn't return any results.... Maybe this is something for the Admin to consider.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have read quite a few reports on MSM from different forums that say "my hair and nails are growing like crazy", but I admit I view these with scepticism. Hair growth is really difficult to measure objectively just by looking in the mirror, and while nail growth is much easier to measure, one would still need to actually compare their nail growth rate between MSM periods and non-MSM periods; I don't see a lot of folks doing that. I think a lot of the effects are psychological.

I'm a big skeptic of everything but I can tell you for a period of time MSM did make my hair grow like
crazy. It did not cause any re-growth that I know of but the existing hair went into overdrive for a month
or two. Same thing with the finger nails, had to trim them every few days or they would get too long. Wife
noticed the same thing when she took it. But the effect goes away for some reason after a little
while.