My hair loss story hormonal hair loss

Kimlolly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I’m 58 and since going through menopause aged 51 losing more s’more hair around 52 age I noticed a small bald spot near my fringe then my parting gradually got worse widening was too embarrassed to see my dr but finally last November I spoke to my dr and took photos to show her she was really nice and said would try me on steroid cream for a few months and refer me to a dermatologist on nhs the steroid did nothing and was really getting me depressed as hair falling out every time I washed it or brushed it and my hair became very dry and frizzy didn’t want to use hair straighteners on it incase made things worse but due to a spiral perm 2 years ago it’s still got a bit of wave in it but just looks a mess doesn’t a fortune in hair products shampoos etc and hair loss lotions over the past few years as well then got my appointment with dermatologist in June which was nerve wracking as had to go without any hair products on and usually use root spray to cover my bald spot and thinning parting but she was very nice she seemed to think it was hormonal hair loss for the parting and shedding and so told me to take doxcyline which is a antibiotic? I did google it and it is recommended for hormonal hair loss no change as of yet and has made me constipated and gained a few pounds but not overweight so not to worried about it I am due to have a steroid injection in the bald spot end of August so might see if try something else as don’t feel doxy is working has anyone else had them