My home-made topical

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok made a spironolactone topical a few years back that consisted of spironolactone and aloe-vera and had some decent results. I gave up on it because I found it to be extremely messy and hard to apply. However, I need something cheap and effective again and this homemade spironolactone gave me my best results from anything else i've tried.

So far i'm planning to use

Will be used
spironolactone (duh) Dermovan style (used dermovan before)
Caffine
Emu Oil
Pure Aloe-Vera

Considering adding
Grape seed extract?
Some copper peptides?

I've been looking for places to buy dermovan and only found msdepot, whos purchasing page has a hand-ful of errors and doesn't even load. I'm also looking for a place to buy copper peptides.

If i buy pure caffine, would it look like this or is this powder for consumption only? http://search.ebay.com/caffeine-powder_ ... eQ20powder

i'll probably make a 3% spironolactone solution as i've found a lot of the spironolactone doesn't de-solve correctly. i don't want a strong mixture of spironolactone because I want the emu, caffine, aloe, and grape seed extract to be absorbed just as well as the spironolactone. I'm going to be using revivgen along with this home-made remedy so anti-androgen for my mix isn't my main focus. I want to help repair hair while blocking DHT from the receptor sites. I'm also considering dropping revita since my main use for it is the caffine and emu it contains. I'll probably pick up nizoral again on a once-in-awhile use basis.

All off my efforts will be documented using a high MP camera updated on a "hair-cut" basis. I've been using revivogen again for the past few months so hair growth maybe underway.

Inputs?

Cutsinger is God

Established Member
Reaction score
Mattgallis,

Make sure when you take the photos that you are surrounded by 5 men in white lab coats with tape between their glasses otherwise people like Poodle, Kojak, and Jayman won't consider it "clinical evidence" and you'll be laughed at.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cutsinger is God said:
Mattgallis,

Make sure when you take the photos that you are surrounded by 5 men in white lab coats with tape between their glasses otherwise people like Poodle, Kojak, and Jayman won't consider it "clinical evidence" and you'll be laughed at.
lol! I know you're not meaning to but please don't hijack the thread. Please please please

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Riordan said:
try adding curcumin to your cocktail. you will NEVER regret it!

hmm interesting i didn't even think of that! I might have to drop the spironolactone concentrate to add this as well. I can buy this in pill form and just crush it up and add it to my mixture correct?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Riordan said:
try adding curcumin to your cocktail. you will NEVER regret it!

Can you elaborate, please? Was it cosmetically acceptable? Results?

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how would you add copper petides? Would you use folligen cream as your base and add from there? Or add liquid cps to the dermovan?

I'm approaching one year using revivogen as my sole DHT inhibitor, but wonder if it could be "beefed up." Is there any value to, say, dissolving spironolactone/finasteride/dutasteride tablets in the revivogen lotion?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So i have received anything I ordered yet and CAN'T find dermovan anywhere!! Anyways any other inputs on my topical?

CCS

Reaction score
curcumin is bright yellow. don't do it. GTE has some curcumin in it and won't color your scalp.

for CPs, dissolve your spironolactone in folligen or tricomin before adding to the dermavan.

you can get caffine powder at http://www.bulknutrition.com.

yes, grape seed extract is good, but apple poly extract is more tested. you can get both cheap at http://www.beyond-a-century.com

CCS

Reaction score
Matgallis said:
So i have received anything I ordered yet and CAN'T find dermovan anywhere!! Anyways any other inputs on my topical?

ask a local pharmacy to order it for you. I heard it is $24.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok so far lets break this down (pricing and units)

Dermovan $31 (16oz)
spironolactone 10,000MG $46.00
caffeine 200mg $11.99
Apple Poly 50Grams $21.75
Pure Emu Oil 4oz 28.34
---------------------------------------
sub total $139.xx

This could possible last me up to 6 months and at that time I may only need more dermovan! $23 a month MAX

Mixture
90% dermovan
3% spironolactone
2% caffine
2% apple poly
2% Emu Oil
1% Aloe Vera

EDIT: I still need aloe vera... might kick it out and bump apple poly or emu oil up to 3%

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok so dermovan cream is officially discontinued. I need another cream... Suggestions?

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:shock:

Garry

Reaction score
Matgallis said:

Will be used
Caffine
Emu Oil
Pure Aloe-Vera

Considering adding
Grape seed extract?
Some copper peptides?

Inputs?

What do you think if use in addition:
- dutasteride (liquid contains of capsules);
- green tea extract;
- nitric oxide;
- zinc solution;
- kreatine;
- MSM;
- vitamin B6;
- ketonatazol.

I've read that this components extremely useful for hair. And I want to use them (in addition to yours) in my home-made topical.
Any ideas, comments?

eddy_simpson

Established Member
Reaction score
emu oil is said to be a very potent carrier. perhaps if you up the percentage of this and maybe add some polysorbate 20 you would be able to absorb the ingredients

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Garry said:
Matgallis said:

Will be used
Caffine
Emu Oil
Pure Aloe-Vera

Considering adding
Grape seed extract?
Some copper peptides?

Inputs?

What do you think if use in addition:
- dutasteride (liquid contains of capsules);
- green tea extract;
- nitric oxide;
- zinc solution;
- kreatine;
- MSM;
- vitamin B6;
- ketonatazol.

I've read that this components extremely useful for hair. And I want to use them (in addition to yours) in my home-made topical.
Any ideas, comments?
Green Tea extract has had rather mixed results from the studies i've seen. Some say it increases hairloss, some say it doesn't. I'm assuming the caffine and anti-oxidents help hairloss in GTE so I added pure caffine and considering others still.

Nitric Oxide seems like it could work well... but taking it orally would be most effective. I already take a supplement for working out that helps with this.

Zinc has mixed results too
Not sure about kreatine, elaborate?
Vit b-6 helps your body metabolize food into energy. i don't see how it would help hairloss
Ketonatazol has been found to cause liver and kideny problems if applied in large doses. Nizoral 2% or 1% should be effective

The problem with using emu oil as the carrier is the costs. A little 4oz bottle ran me almost $30 dollars. This solution is intended to be cost and be a very effective DHT blocker.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Mat, just buy ANY decent cream at the drug store. I simply have never understood this fascination with Dermovan (or emu oil for that matter).

If you want a neutral cream buy Cetaphil or Neutrogena Neutral Cream. They are available EVERYWHERE. Cetaphil was mentioned as a cream in many of Dr. Proctor's patents as well as MANY more patents by the pros.

Cetaphil and/or Neutrogena Neutral Cream will be fine for the ingredients you want to use.

You could also ask a woman for a suggestion on a good cream. I'll bet you they will steer you in the right direction. :wink:

Don't get all bogged down by the cream manufacturer, just buy ANY decent cream at the drug store.

Btw, you could mix in a little emu oil into the store bought cream at a couple percent.

I repeat, DON"T get bogged down on the cream manufacturer. I've been making homemade creams for years and Dermovan ain't no big deal. I MEAN IT!! :)

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You're right, what I really am worried about is using a cream that interferes with the chemicals i'm putting onto my scalp. I have an Aveeno lotion (with shea butter and oat) that looks promosing. But I think i'm going to go ahead and find Cetaphil.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Well, looking at Aveeno lotion ingredients, they appear fine. However, it is a lotion, which means there is far more water in the mix. This might reduce solubility of the stuff you are putting into the mix? Plus the stuff might sink to the bottom of the lotion requiring you to shake up the stuff well before using.

I'd definitely go with Cetaphil. However, I could be wrong on Aveeno.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay I bought some cetaphil today. The cream appears pretty waxy, but it seems to hold my mass of ingredients well. However, it looks like some of the ingredients are clumping together.

Just I put this through a blender? ;-p

Also the smell of the emu-spironolactone combo is disgusting... What would be a good way to hide the smell?