My home-made topical

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Odor problem:

Tempo - Hard to obtain.

Rosemary essential oil, and/or

Eucalyptus essential oil, and/or

Cedarwood essential oil,

Lavendar essential oil, and/or other essential oil of your choice.

Use the essential oils, one drop at a time until you like the smell. (Alot of essential oils will work. Pick your favorite IMHO.)

Clumping problem:

Heat the stuff up a little in the microwave or on the stove with the container in a pan of water. I use the microwave and zap it at 50 percent power for 15 seconds at a time. Once warm, clumps usually diminish with stirring.

I never let the stuff get hot, just warm.

Other guys make a slurry of their ingredients with alcohol and or PPG first then add the slurried ingredients to the cream. Just a little alcohol and/or PPG, not alot.

After you like the consistency of the stuff, put it immediately in the freezer for about 20 minutes then move to the refrigerator to store all the time. A pro told me to do this a while back. He said it "sets up the cream better than cooling at room temperature". Works for me.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmmm warming it up worries me... I think on my next batch I will find a better technique to get the solution nice and smooth. Maybe soak the crushed spironolactone in alcohol solution or the emu oil before hand.