My Kind of Woman

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
s.a.f said:
Well if we have'nt then that was certainly the objective...

Oh, I see: you know what our TRUE objective was, even though we haven't taken a drop of oil from the Iraqis! :smack:

[quote="s.a.f":395d8yfq]you cant tell me that if there was no oil in Iraq we would have still invaded. I dont see us invading Zimbabwe or Darfur to make 'regime changes'.

No, but then our resources aren't unlimited. And Zimbabwe and Darfur don't have imminent threats of WMDs, either. Iraq is obviously of higher strategic importance to us.[/quote:395d8yfq]

I don't want to get into the Iraq war again, but I think people should stop with the constant Iraq digs.

The country has a democracy that gets on well with the west. It would have been a matter of time before they became the next North Korea or Iran.

Also Britain were involved as much as the U.S.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Bryan said:
s.a.f said:
Well if we have'nt then that was certainly the objective...

Oh, I see: you know what our TRUE objective was, even though we haven't taken a drop of oil from the Iraqis! :smack:

[quote="s.a.f":3cxd6suv]you cant tell me that if there was no oil in Iraq we would have still invaded. I dont see us invading Zimbabwe or Darfur to make 'regime changes'.

No, but then our resources aren't unlimited. And Zimbabwe and Darfur don't have imminent threats of WMDs, either. Iraq is obviously of higher strategic importance to us.[/quote:3cxd6suv]

We may not have taken any oil YET but any idiot can see that the plan was to safeguard our interests so that we had access to it and could trade with them if without compromising ourselves if need be.
Saddam had no WMD's and had never threatened to use any against us.
We were just worried that if our oil supplies dwindled and a time came when we needed trade with them that he (Saddam) would'nt have us by the balls.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
I don't want to get into the Iraq war again, but I think people should stop with the constant Iraq digs.

The country has a democracy that gets on well with the west.

Indeed. Let's all hope and pray that democracy has finally taken root in Iraq.

optimus prime said:

WHACK! You wanna rephrase that sentence? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
We may not have taken any oil YET but any idiot can see that the plan was to safeguard our interests so that we had access to it and could trade with them if without compromising ourselves if need be.

Well, I generally agree with you, although I still think you're being a bit too harsh. Our plan was to get rid of a sadistic tyrant who was threatening to develop various chemical, nuclear, and biological WMDs, and instill a fledgling democracy in a part of the world that has a profound strategic importance for us.

s.a.f said:
Saddam had no WMD's and had never threatened to use any against us.

He certainly had people scared that he _may_ have had them. He admitted during his incarceration afterwards that he had wanted his Arab neighbors to THINK that he had them.

s.a.f said:
We were just worried that if our oil supplies dwindled and a time came when we needed trade with them that he (Saddam) would'nt have us by the balls.

Yes. BTW, I was listening a while back to one of the right-wing radio talk-shows (I forget if it was Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly or Michael Savage or one of the others), and the host made one of those silly, childish remarks about how we should just park one of our enormous oil tankers in an Iraqi oil facility, and say "Fill 'er up!", implying that we could just take the Iraqis' oil from them as the price they have to pay for our liberating them. That's totally ridiculous, of course, even though I'm sure it played well to his far right-wing audience. There's no way that we would ever CONFISCATE oil from Iraq, despite the shreiking from certain anti-war elements that "oil" is the one-word reason for our presence there.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
optimus prime said:

WHACK! You wanna rephrase that sentence? :)

OK. Fair enough.

But remember we have a smaller population and economy. We were still there right by your side when you needed us.

I read an article from an American solder/General saying that the US forces were massively grateful to the SAS.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't you understand what I meant by what I said? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Should I have said 'are'??

No!! You should have said IS, not ARE!

Britain is a single country. Therefore, you should have said "is" (or "was", in this specific case): "Also Britain was involved as much as the U.S."

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
optimus prime said:
Should I have said 'are'??

No!! You should have said IS, not ARE!

Britain is a single country. Therefore, you should have said "is" (or "was", in this specific case): "Also Britain was involved as much as the U.S."

Ahahaha...I love it.

Bad grammar is my thing now Bryan :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Blair was Bush's lapdog, he did'nt have the balls to do anything other than what he was told.