my latest plans

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never heard of those. Why only 1mm?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Hair-loss-baldne ... dZViewItem

NEEDLE LENGTH:

The theory expounded by some ‘experts’ that the longer the needle the better, is not supported by the scientific evidence! After evaluation of all of the biopsies in Dr Schwarz’s study, new collagen fibers were only found close to the corium and not deeper than 0.5 to 0.6 mm

How does it work?
The Novaderm Skin & Scalp Roller (needle length 0.75mm, gauge 0.25mm) is an instrument consisting of a heavy duty plastic roller head covered in 48 highest quality stainless steel acupuncture needles. The Hair Novaderm Skin & Scalp Roller has three separate actions on the scalp. The needles are designed to penetrate the stratum corneum, the hard outer surface of the epidermal layer of the scalp. Hundreds of tiny channels are created through the stratum corneum, which facilitate the passage and absorption of Minoxidil into the dermis to maximize it’s absorption by the hair follicles.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With DMSO & Octyl Salicylate, I probably wouldn't do the scalp/skin roller. That may provide too much absorbtion.

I was thinking the exact same thing as you though, adding Octyl Salicylate to the minoxidil. I just can't get the mixture of DMSO I want. I'm up to 5ml DMSO & I still haven't experienced increased heart rate. I figured once I got increased heart rate, I'd lower the DMSO by 1ml and I should be just fine.

CCS

Reaction score
I will put some in my minoxidil, but my higher doses (up to 2-3mL) are will be for my GTE, GSE, SOD, apple poly mix.

I would never stick needles in my scalp each day. I think the business selling that is unethical. You don't want minoxidil to penetrate your skin. You want it to go down the pore to the follicle. The most modern vehicle designers know that the pores are the highways of skin absorption. Very little makes it through the rest of the skin. I've seen microscope slides that demostrate this.

Now that I have my everclear, I will dilute my minoxidil to 3.5%, and add a little DMSO and octyl salicylate when they arrive. Let me know if you get a lot of hair growth. I'm also adding borage seed oil to my mix, so the alcohol does not take too much oils out of the skin.