My vacation to Cancun

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

2 weeks tomorrow me and my gf are jetting off to Cancun for a 2 week vacation and I just wanted to know what good sights to see whilst out there? I know that Cancun is very popular with Americans so I'd thought i would see what any of you thought of this place? What places both at day and night would you recommend going to see?

Many thanks

Dave

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
YES

s.a.f

Reaction score

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score
You dont like her,but somehow she is your gf...sounds fishy. You do like her, otherwise she wouldnt be your girlfriend amirite?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Cancun... whatever you're looking for, you can find it there. It's like Orlando, but in Mexico. Very new and "Westernized" for lack of a better word. If you want a taste of a more rustic surroundings, you can take the ferry to Isla Mujeres for the day, which is a nice change of pace.

I can recommend this restaurant, in the downtown area:
http://www.lahabichuela.com/english/index_content.html
I had a seafood dish and it was exquisite, but they have a pretty full menu. The prices are right too... damn, they're really low! That's about US$17 for the filet mignon with morel sauce. Wow.

The Chichen Itza ruins are about 2 hours away... there are all kinds of tour agencies that can take you there. Some of these package deals are pretty cheap... this one looked kind of cool, a "sound and light" show at dusk:
http://www.cancun-discounts.com/tours/c ... d-tour.htm

It includes air conditioned bus ride, a buffet lunch, a guided tour, and then the show at dusk, all for US$59 per person. That's a steal!

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Ian Curtis said:
You dont like her,but somehow she is your gf...sounds fishy. You do like her, otherwise she wouldnt be your girlfriend amirite?

Well, when i started to not like her we had already put alot of money down for the holiday and i figered i should stay with her until at least after the holiday otherwise i would lose my money. The thing is I am now starting to like her again as she wasn't giving me any action before and once i had a word with her about it she has gladly obliged in giving me some which is a good start :)

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Cancun... whatever you're looking for, you can find it there. It's like Orlando, but in Mexico. Very new and "Westernized" for lack of a better word. If you want a taste of a more rustic surroundings, you can take the ferry to Isla Mujeres for the day, which is a nice change of pace.

I can recommend this restaurant, in the downtown area:
http://www.lahabichuela.com/english/index_content.html
I had a seafood dish and it was exquisite, but they have a pretty full menu. The prices are right too... damn, they're really low! That's about US$17 for the filet mignon with morel sauce. Wow.

The Chichen Itza ruins are about 2 hours away... there are all kinds of tour agencies that can take you there. Some of these package deals are pretty cheap... this one looked kind of cool, a "sound and light" show at dusk:
http://www.cancun-discounts.com/tours/c ... d-tour.htm

It includes air conditioned bus ride, a buffet lunch, a guided tour, and then the show at dusk, all for US$59 per person. That's a steal!

Cheers Gard for the above links!

I was looking in my guide book and there is a kareoke bar called Senor Frogs and it looks a decent place to go in the evening. I love a bit of kareoke and it is meant to be quite popular with college students on spring break. Have u been there Gard and if so would u reccomend it?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Cancun looks fun, careful though, holidays can kill relationships. Had loads of mates over the years in relationships, they go on holiday with their girl and split up!

You live together at the moment?

ali777

Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
The thing is I am now starting to like her again as she wasn't giving me any action before and once i had a word with her about it she has gladly obliged in giving me some which is a good start :)

Never let a woman take control of your life... She's in control dude, she can use sex to get you to do anything....

Have fun on your holidays!!!

Petchsky said:
Cancun looks fun, careful though, holidays can kill relationships. Had loads of mates over the years in relationships, they go on holiday with their girl and split up!

You live together at the moment?

I have friends who have gone on holidays with the hope of reviving their relationships... It doesn't work, they all eventually split up.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your responses. Thanks for the links and pics Pat - after looking at those pics it has made me look forward to the holiday even more :)

I am gonna use this holiday to decide if i wanna be with her or not. We will be on our own for 2 whole weeks and if i don't feel that its going anywhere then i will end the relationship when i get back. So this holiday will be make or break!

I am also thinking of shaving my head bald before going on the holiday because i have had enough of my balding hairstyle and i am going to try and embrace my baldness. Its a good opportunalty to get a nice tan on my head as well! My question is that my passport photo shows me with a full head of hair so would it matter if i shaved my head would it ok?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem Dave. I'd say it's a perfect time to shave the head. One of the reasons it looks so odd when people first shave their head is the whiteness on top.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:

Especially with beaches filled with the hot woman. Throw in some drinking and bars filled with the same hot single women,and your girl suddenly looks plainer than bread.