My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
take it internally on top of the zix. Seemed to work well for me when i reintroduced it into my regimen. I went from shedding a little, to not very much again.
Are you using the Now brand? Something like this

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any point to using zix if you are on finasteride x3 and dutasteride 1x weekly? I havn't been able to stop my shedding since a forced finasteride break earlier this year and have some pretty severe itch/redness. Is zix worth checking out? Just trying to stabilize again.

definitely. I had massive itch when i stopped finasteride. This turned things around completely for me - a godsend!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you using the Now brand? Something like this

yes. that's what I have but i have since turned down the dosage to 25mgs. I think that's sufficient to see a difference.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Taking zinc if your level shows deficiency is good. However overdosing on zinc is probably a wash down the toilet.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think low doses of zinc is antiandrogenic but the opposite

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there is a study that zinc at %NRV value dose increase T and reduces the conversion or the 5ARI activity.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there is a study that zinc at %NRV value dose increase T and reduces the conversion or the 5ARI activity.

I heard that. I've noticed my T seems to increase, such as libido increase etc. For whatever reason, possibly what you mentioned, it seems to help my shedding.

I had all but dropped zinc for a few many months until recently. I'm curious to see if what the effects of supplementing will bring im the next couple months. Hopefully further gains.

feelsbad

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can order pure zinc sulfate heptahydrate powder? I'm sensitive to the fillers in the Pluspharma capsules, so I can't use those. And preferably not from some sketchy Chinese company because I'm not trying to get heavy metal poisoning!
So far I've only found monohydrate in powder form

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can order pure zinc sulfate heptahydrate powder? I'm sensitive to the fillers in the Pluspharma capsules, so I can't use those. And preferably not from some sketchy Chinese company because I'm not trying to get heavy metal poisoning!
So far I've only found monohydrate in powder form
you could use liquid zinc sulfate, that's what i do.

What is the point of oral zinc, if you could just apply more zix?

Templah

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see but it isn't mentioned then whether it's hetpa or mono for your liquid zinc?
Not on the one that i use. There are only few options for liquid zinc sulfate here in germany and no capsules at all. I haven't found any liquids that have heptahydrate written on them here but when i checked the website of one of those ,the description said heptahydrate. I assume these products are all very similar. I read on some pharma sites that the form primarily used for medical purposes is heptahydrate. I have yet to find any monohydrate supplements. It seems you can only get mono as a "chemical".

feelsbad

Reaction score
Not on the one that i use. There are only few options for liquid zinc sulfate here in germany and no capsules at all. I haven't found any liquids that have heptahydrate written on them here but when i checked the website of one of those ,the description said heptahydrate. I assume these products are all very similar. I read on some pharma sites that the form primarily used for medical purposes is heptahydrate. I have yet to find any monohydrate supplements. It seems you can only get mono as a "chemical".
I looked at 10-15 different liquid zinc sulfate supplements on Amazon. The majority didn't specify which form, but the few that did all said monohydrate. So I wouldn't be so sure...

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Joe says there isn't a difference between monohydrate versus heptahydrate. I think there is a difference in some individuals but Joe has probably seen hundreds of people over the years

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
you could use liquid zinc sulfate, that's what i do.

What is the point of oral zinc, if you could just apply more zix?

There is hardly any zinc in zix. We're talking three capsules applied over the course of a few weeks, of which I'd say 90% is not even absorbed.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Joe says there isn't a difference between monohydrate versus heptahydrate. I think there is a difference in some individuals but Joe has probably seen hundreds of people over the years

That has not been my experience. Hepta vs mono is the difference between it working and not working.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw I'm going on 7 months since adding minoxidil to my regimen. Not seeing a ton of regrowth in the hairline, but my hairline has strengthened giving the impression its improved.

My crown is fully back though no sign of thinning there as well as the rest. Even when my hair is greasy it looks totally fine. I couldn't even say that 5 years ago. So I can definitely say adding minoxidil 1x spread about 12hours apart from zix has been a benefit. Makes me wonder where I would be had I tried this 15 years ago when I first started zix.

I just wanted to add that I do respond well to minoxidil, not a miracle story, but I do notice I respond moderately well for the times I expwrimwnted with it in my earlier 20s.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
That has not been my experience. Hepta vs mono is the difference between it working and not working.
As I said, there may be exceptions but assuming he knows more than all of us, there should be merit to his comments