My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man!

Just wondering. Given my 75 total mg.b6, 110 mg zinc sulfate, 30 ml.distilled, and 15 ml.ethyl, How should I change these numbers for perfect ratio. Granted id like to keep the b6 and zinc ratio if said ratio is correct. Then that leaves the ethyl alcohol to distilled water. Lol I'm sucky at math

Hi not sure I understand your formula, it seems a little wonky.

1) First of all, maybe zix and nizoral dont work together - I can tell you first hand, I shed wayyyy more using nizoral. Notice you only shed more when you used nizoral. Personally I thought it was just me, but now that you seem to experience the same effect as I do, my advice is to take a break from any Keto shampoo and see how you respond.

2) I use -

3x220mg zinc sulphate capsules. you can always start with 1. (are you using pluspharma brand?)
I used 7 x 20mg b6 pills crushed (btw I am trying a new brand that @Freedome recommended)
45 mls distilled water
15 mls ethyl alcohol

In summary, my first reaction is drop the nizoral for a number of weeks while you evaluate zix - especially when all this shedding happened the day you used nizoral. Personally I use head and shoulders. Im willing to bet things will stabilize in a couple days. If you dont have your ratios correct, then I suggest redoing your batch.

Let us know how it goes.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone. A bit concerned and hoping for feedback from Worm and from others if possible.

My zix formulation is 30ml distilled water, 15 ml 70% ethyl alcohol, 75 mg total of the ecological formulas brands b6/p5p, and 110 mg of the zonc sulfate that worm uses.

It is important to note that I used this less concentrated batch since worm uses a Very concentrated batch which I feel may be too much for me for just starting in my zix journey.

I have been two days on this zix. 3 ml per day, twice a day.

So far I have noticed and immediate cosmetic thickening. It is like, a ton of thickening which is nice, but I am more concerned with just halting or slowing my hairloss.

So, two days in now and I thought wow holy crap my hair isn't shedding (for these first two days of zix I did not wash my hair), though usually I can tug on totally dry hair and get a few out. I could only get like 5 hairs out dry making me think, wish I usually get 10 or 15 with ease. It's already working???? But no it wasn't and below is why.

Then I took my shower and tug method (especially as it had been two full days since using nizoral, thus causing me to begin itching a bit.

Same as all showers paired with tugging and shampooing. Lost about fifty frontal hairs between my temples, and my center frontal area at the hairline.

Then lost about 10 from the crown, all thick and dark hairs.

So it seems somehow that when the zix was in my dry scalp for a full two days maybe there was some type of stickiness or something keeping me from being able to extract the usualnumber of hairs when my hair is dry.

Now I sit here waiting for my hair to dry extracting another 30 hairs from the front with ease...

Should I be patient on My weaker-than-worms' formula?

Is my formula likely too weak?

Have I not given it enough time to work and am just being a dramatic whine baby? (Regardless of yes or no, how long does it usually take to work?)

Am I applying this albeit weaker formula, too much (twice a day), to the point it is perhaps causing an increase in dht?

Is my shedding roughly 80 frontal hairs usually a Huge concern or is it not That bad?

And lastly, is it bad that I was still getting a bit of itch due to skipping nizoral, a mild dht blocker, for two full days? I ask because in that time I still was using zix which I assumed would pick up the slack where nizoral left off.

Thanks fellas!!!

Rereading this, it seems your ratio is about half the concentration of what i use. Try doubling it to be in line with what I recommended in my last post. it'll get rid of the itch. and again, do not use nizoral. Dont be afraid to shampoo daily either, i do. I use head and shoulders and massage it in, and let it sit there for 3-4 mins while I was the rest of my body.

If this worked the first two days, it should work for you.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got my b6 p5p yesterday. Mixed a capsule into my current batch. Looking forward to evaluating the results.

Given the latest news in brotzu land, I'm hoping I'll be tossing zix away for a better fix sooner than later .

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone tried superzix?
Heard on reddit someone had .5 Norwood regrowth, saw palmetto as a topical DHT inhibitor is interesting

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone tried superzix?
Heard on reddit someone had .5 Norwood regrowth, saw palmetto as a topical DHT inhibitor is interesting

I tried it and started shedding. Could be I needed to adjust but I abandoned it after a week. Can u post the link?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried it and started shedding. Could be I needed to adjust but I abandoned it after a week. Can u post the link?
Considering I've avoided the big 2 I have gone from a NW1.25 to a NW0.75 from the age of 20-24 doing the following AND dabbling in anabolic steroids for the first two years, I would strongly disagree with your approach.

Nofap going on 173 days now

Zix (zinc, B6, and liquid saw palmetto) topical ED

Olive oil scalp massage EOD

Boar brush massage EOD

Diet ED: high protein and nothing processed, limited wheat, large kale and vegetable shakes, 1 tbs raw pumpkin seeds, 5g fish oil, 3g taurine, 1 tbs turmeric, glucosamine with MSM, biotin 10000mcg, zinc 30mg, 500mg nascent iodine, 1tbs raw ACV, 2 cups green tea, 2g vitamin C

Short intermittent cycles of aspirin, vitamin E, various ayurvedic cleanses

Hot sauna meditation EOD

Nizoral 1% with spearmint oil E3D

Homemade olive oil castile soap as shampoo with spearmint oil, coffee, taurine, thyme oil ED

Kefir and kombucha brewed at home in oak barrels ED; I also regularly drink raw eggs and raw milk for more of that hipster sh*t you mentioned

20-30 strict handstand push ups ED

Heavy lifting ED

That being said, I have average male pattern baldness genes, but finasteride and min gave me HORRIFIC side effects. I need my DHT man. Everything I'm doing now is basically turning me into Goku instead of just making me look and feel weird in exchange for some extra wispy follicles.

But of course, the whole reason chronic disease and chronic disease symptoms like balding are so prevalent is because most people can't be arsed to do a single one of these things ever. Just lol. I spend less than the average person per month on literally my entire complex health regimen; it's cheap and easy.
————————————————
He posted a lot, but I would suspect that the Super Zix did 80% of his regrowth/ maintenance claims
Link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...rning_into_a_hipster/?st=JFQ1KQH2&sh=f6590288

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just tried your zix @worm , after dermarolling and shower.
Probably going to buy a shower cap to hold it in at night.
Any idea, I’ve heard rumors it desentizes hair follicles.... I really don’t want that if Brotzu is the cure

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering I've avoided the big 2 I have gone from a NW1.25 to a NW0.75 from the age of 20-24 doing the following AND dabbling in anabolic steroids for the first two years, I would strongly disagree with your approach.

Nofap going on 173 days now

Zix (zinc, B6, and liquid saw palmetto) topical ED

Olive oil scalp massage EOD

Boar brush massage EOD

Diet ED: high protein and nothing processed, limited wheat, large kale and vegetable shakes, 1 tbs raw pumpkin seeds, 5g fish oil, 3g taurine, 1 tbs turmeric, glucosamine with MSM, biotin 10000mcg, zinc 30mg, 500mg nascent iodine, 1tbs raw ACV, 2 cups green tea, 2g vitamin C

Short intermittent cycles of aspirin, vitamin E, various ayurvedic cleanses

Hot sauna meditation EOD

Nizoral 1% with spearmint oil E3D

Homemade olive oil castile soap as shampoo with spearmint oil, coffee, taurine, thyme oil ED

Kefir and kombucha brewed at home in oak barrels ED; I also regularly drink raw eggs and raw milk for more of that hipster sh*t you mentioned

20-30 strict handstand push ups ED

Heavy lifting ED

That being said, I have average male pattern baldness genes, but finasteride and min gave me HORRIFIC side effects. I need my DHT man. Everything I'm doing now is basically turning me into Goku instead of just making me look and feel weird in exchange for some extra wispy follicles.

But of course, the whole reason chronic disease and chronic disease symptoms like balding are so prevalent is because most people can't be arsed to do a single one of these things ever. Just lol. I spend less than the average person per month on literally my entire complex health regimen; it's cheap and easy.
————————————————
He posted a lot, but I would suspect that the Super Zix did 80% of his regrowth/ maintenance claims
Link here: https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/...rning_into_a_hipster/?st=JFQ1KQH2&sh=f6590288

Thanks, he's got a lot of things I wouldn't recommned. Like oil and nizoral. That said maybe liquid saw palmetto helps .

Im going to evaluate my b6, then I'm tempted to try AA again. Afterwards I would be tempted to try saw palmetto, but will probably be too lazy to bother. Its also very oily, so I suspect it'll make my hair greasy af.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw everyone, I got @Freedome's b6 p5p, it's called pure encapsulations. it's only been 2 days now, but it's like I feel the additional effect in my scalp already. Shedding was a little less, which seems a bit hard to believe, but I lost around 10 hairs instead of 15-20 in the shower. I think the next couple weeks will really be the test, but I'm feeling pretty optimistic. Oh and with the added vitamins it thickens things up better too.

Terrell Evans

My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm so realized I’ve been using the wrong alcohol this entire time. However the only thing I could find was “Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol” that works as well rite ?

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi not sure I understand your formula, it seems a little wonky.

1) First of all, maybe zix and nizoral dont work together - I can tell you first hand, I shed wayyyy more using nizoral. Notice you only shed more when you used nizoral. Personally I thought it was just me, but now that you seem to experience the same effect as I do, my advice is to take a break from any Keto shampoo and see how you respond.

2) I use -

3x220mg zinc sulphate capsules. you can always start with 1. (are you using pluspharma brand?)
I used 7 x 20mg b6 pills crushed (btw I am trying a new brand that @Freedome recommended)
45 mls distilled water
15 mls ethyl alcohol

In summary, my first reaction is drop the nizoral for a number of weeks while you evaluate zix - especially when all this shedding happened the day you used nizoral. Personally I use head and shoulders. Im willing to bet things will stabilize in a couple days. If you dont have your ratios correct, then I suggest redoing your batch.

Let us know how it goes.

Given my current concentration of zix. I have been using the other, stronger zix which is a batch I made stronger than the initial one I mentioned I made. Lo and behold, my itching has stopped. And I seem to be shedding slightly less. Cosmetically hair is fuller to the eyes But upon showering, I notice that the hairs I shed, roughly 50 percent of them, seem to be miniturizing in that they are less thick, less black, smaller diameter, and some just way shorter than they always are, meaning I am wondering if zix is killing off some hairs too early in their "life/growth cycle"

Should I simply use only the weaker one I mentioned I made first and Not the stronger one? As the stronger one may be too strong and increase dht?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Given my current concentration of zix. I have been using the other, stronger zix which is a batch I made stronger than the initial one I mentioned I made. Lo and behold, my itching has stopped. And I seem to be shedding slightly less. Cosmetically hair is fuller to the eyes But upon showering, I notice that the hairs I shed, roughly 50 percent of them, seem to be miniturizing in that they are less thick, less black, smaller diameter, and some just way shorter than they always are, meaning I am wondering if zix is killing off some hairs too early in their "life/growth cycle"

Should I simply use only the weaker one I mentioned I made first and Not the stronger one? As the stronger one may be too strong and increase dht?

No itching = a good thing. How long have you been on it? I suggest sticking with it a full month, and as long as you're not losing more, I would think it should improve. What zinc and b6 brand are you using?

On my end, things are looking pretty good with the intro on the b6 - i think Im shedding 20-30% less, but the density of the hair in the shower catch is less too. Thanks to @Freedome, my shedding seems better.

Jaydee89

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a different between just normal zinc and zinc sulfate I'm in Australia and can not find zinc sulfate anywhere and nowhere ships to Australia?

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I think dermarolling actually makes the situation worse. What I was reading online it causes too much zinc, plus I've been using twice a day.
I don't know if you use twice a day @worm? Questioning if this is the right treament for me, I dont have an inflamed scalp or shed, just dht hairloss