My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im basing this on my own experience, having used finasteride for 7 years, which was more effective than zix but had sides. I dont see that zix reduces my dht by 90%, at least in the form im using. Maybe the Azelaic brings it there, which I believe that study suggests.

My experience with Azelaic may have resulted in my shedding, but that may be due to me using nizoral at the same time, which I know makes me shed.

Have the same problem with nizoral, makes me shed. Lost hair that never regrew.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using zix for nearly a year now, I have no sides. If anything my sex drive is really high.

I have never used finasteride either. Find it hard to believe vitamins can give ED.

How's it been working for you?

INT

Reaction score
Back on it here for a month. Have also done microneedling twice in that time period. Amount of hair I shed in the shower has gone done quite significant. Not sure yet if I can attribute this solely to zix. Will update in another month.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i finally have all the ingredients, so, i have made Zix like this.
1 - 14.5 ml alcohol 96% ~ 20 ml at 70%
2 - 3x zinc sulphate 50 mg = 150 mg
3 - 6x B6 25 mg = 150 mg
4 - distiled water ~ 40 ml (i filled the rest of the container 60ml ~ 2oz)
What do you think, it is ok, too much alcohol?
I have used minoxdilil for the past 2 years with no success but i am afraid to stop it. I put only 1 ml in the morning, if i use it in the evening i will not sleep well...
So , yesterday i applied in the evening Zix. No sides at all until later in the night when i got a terrible ED.
In the morning i have tried again...same result!!! :-/
Could it be related to Zix? Should i continue to apply and hope for the best?
Did anyone else experienced ED when on Zix? Please note that i am not talking about low libido (the desire is there).
i am scared like sh*t in this moment! :)))

I would use 10mls of alcohol.

Look it's not impossible that you're getting ed, but i have to say the mind has a strong ability to affect your ability to get it up. Arrade more recently spoke about sides, which I find unlikely. I have a strong libido using zix, granted I take a zinc picolinate supplement which I find helps - I in my 40s and I have the same drive as in did in my late teen years. While on finasteride I definitely had difficulty with my libido and I didnt get as hard.

That said I recommend just considering for a moment that this doesnt give sides. I have very rarely heard over the years people claiming sides.

Have the same problem with nizoral, makes me shed. Lost hair that never regrew.

Mine regrew after a few months, it made my hair limp and thin.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
How's it been working for you?

Hard to tell, but I think that I am maintaining, where the thin areas are still thin.

My shedding is about 10 hairs in the shower. I do find less hair generally on my laptop, on my desk etc

HarryUK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there Worm, question for you....

I'm not sure if it's just me but I am struggling to find the ingredients easily, more specifically the ethyl alcohol and the distilled water. I can find de-ionised water (for car batteries etc) quite easy (no distilled water in boots or wilko), and the ethyl alcohol is not too easy to find either. I am located in London, UK btw. Do you think using methylated spirit and de-ionised water is ok, or would you advise against it? I was even tempted to use the ice that has condensed in my freezer as a substitute for distilled water.

Would appreciate a little feedback.

Many thanks.

H

p.s. would you advise against putting the mixture into a spray bottle and then spraying it onto your head/hair?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have bought the stuff and am going to try this. I know it's not very likely to get sides, but if it really does reduce dht there could be a small chance you get some kind of side effect. Like for example, how do you know if you are/or about to get gyno? So I can stop using it.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have bought the stuff and am going to try this. I know it's not very likely to get sides, but if it really does reduce dht there could be a small chance you get some kind of side effect. Like for example, how do you know if you are/or about to get gyno? So I can stop using it.
You wont get gyno from this type of low potential dht reducer unlike finasteride.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score

It is more likely you'll get gyno from eating a block of tofu than using this - also sides seems very unlikely to me.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think i can use ZIX and a topical finasteride 0.25 mg with 3 % minoxidil at the same time?

I wouldnt mix the two. But topical finasteride is known to cause sides. Otherwise, if you would want to use finasteride, minoxidil and zix, I can see it as being pretty effective.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would it be effective to use this every other day? At the moment I apply like 5 types of oils on my scalp before I go to bed, but it would suck to drop them completely.

During the day I apply minoxidil, so I am not sure how I am going to fit everything into my regimen.

INT

Reaction score
Would it be effective to use this every other day? At the moment I apply like 5 types of oils on my scalp before I go to bed, but it would suck to drop them completely.

During the day I apply minoxidil, so I am not sure how I am going to fit everything into my regimen.

I have rarely seen ANYONE have results with oils. Zix however... Your pick.

INT

Reaction score
Obviously oils alone won't do sh*t, but it's still a useful addition I would think?

No the evidence of most oils to contribute anything is close to being non-existant. Sorry.

Focus on what has been proven to work in your protocol if you want your protocol to work.

INT

Reaction score
Yeah well pretty much everything has been found to have 'some' effect on hair. I have never seen one trustworthy user here or on other forums claiming succes in any way, shape, or form.

Ryko

Reaction score
A quick question since I can't be bothered to read 93 pages, will this not work orally? I mean if you take Zix ingredients orally why shouldn't it have the same effect?

HarryUK

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm,

Did you see my post? Would you mind giving me some guidance?

Thanks,
H

Hi there Worm, question for you....

I'm not sure if it's just me but I am struggling to find the ingredients easily, more specifically the ethyl alcohol and the distilled water. I can find de-ionised water (for car batteries etc) quite easy (no distilled water in boots or wilko), and the ethyl alcohol is not too easy to find either. I am located in London, UK btw. Do you think using methylated spirit and de-ionised water is ok, or would you advise against it? I was even tempted to use the ice that has condensed in my freezer as a substitute for distilled water.

Would appreciate a little feedback.

Many thanks.

H

p.s. would you advise against putting the mixture into a spray bottle and then spraying it onto your head/hair?

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found that I will lost about 60 hair after washing... I have tried zix for more than a month... Nothing has changed... I feel so hopeless.