Nano Shampoo (Where to order?)

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been to DrProctor.com and may order from there..however i am awaiting to hear back from him regarding international shipping.

I went to lef.org and they have a Dr. Proctor regrowth shampoo (which he doesn't have on his site) and they claim it contains NANO..but they say NANO is 3-carboxylicacidpyridine N-Oxide whereas Dr. Proctor says that it is nicotinic acid N-Oxide (which makes more sense, acronym wise.)

In Proxiphen-N Dr. Proctor says there is pyridine-N-oxide.

So I guess what I'm wondering is: Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether the lef.org Dr. Proctor shampoo would be as effective NANO shampoo? It's 15 dollars cheaper a bottle, at 25 dollars.

And, is there any other place besides DrProctor.com to order NANO? Do any of those places mark the shipment as a gift?

Thanks.

CCS

Reaction score
I highly doubt customs will stop you from ordering shampoo. It is not like buying dutas or a prescription product.

As for the NANO, Bryan said all three terms are synonymous. I asked him the same question, and still have my doubts. Please let me know what dr P says. Maybe you should not have told him about the lef.org stuff. It might upset him and he might not respond. If the prox-N is the same as the NANO, then I'd beleave the lef.org stuff is too. But now we may never know, unless a google search can answer that.

NANO is supposed to be similar to minoxidil, I think. Check on that just in case. So I don't think it is a huge deal. If the lef.org stuff has something that is not in prox-N, then you are still getting diversity for your regimen. Just make sure the lef.org ingredients are listed on http://www.drproctor.com as good stuff.

I have nevery heard of it being sold elsewhere.

If I get tired of minoxidil, I'll buy Dr P's NANO shampoo. Until then, I think my regimen has enough stuff that I can save money on it.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
As for the NANO, Bryan said all three terms are synonymous. I asked him the same question, and still have my doubts. Please let me know what dr P says. Maybe you should not have told him about the lef.org stuff. It might upset him and he might not respond.

HUH?? Why would it upset him?? It's HIS stuff! :D LEF sells his products through their own organization.

mu0325 said:
If the prox-N is the same as the NANO, then I'd beleave the lef.org stuff is too.

I don't understand what that means. NANO is NANO. Prox-N contains NANO, and numerous other substances.

mu0325 said:
If the lef.org stuff has something that is not in prox-N, then you are still getting diversity for your regimen. Just make sure the lef.org ingredients are listed on http://www.drproctor.com as good stuff.

Again, THEY ARE THE SAME PRODUCT (well, the LEF version is supposed to be a "lite" version of Prox-N, but some people have even expressed doubt about whether that's really true).

Bryan

CCS

Reaction score
well I feel better buying from lef.org knowing that they are selling dr P's stuff and he gets a cut. And I think I'll just buy from there since I am trying to cut costs. Now if I just knew green tea extracts androgen receptor blocking ability compared to spironolactone and RU, and the right vehicle to use, I'd be set.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A lady just called me from Dr. Proctor's...she said all she could say was that the left.org version is a lighter version, as lef wanted to sell at a deeptly discounted, and Dr. Proctor was not able to accomodate them with his regular shampoo.

I ordered two bottles of the Nano through her, will be marked as a commercial sample, and the shipping will be about 5 dollars. (Instead of the 25 dollars they charge on the website.)

Go me!

Felk

Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
A lady just called me from Dr. Proctor's...she said all she could say was that the left.org version is a lighter version, as lef wanted to sell at a deeptly discounted, and Dr. Proctor was not able to accomodate them with his regular shampoo.

I ordered two bottles of the Nano through her, will be marked as a commercial sample, and the shipping will be about 5 dollars. (Instead of the 25 dollars they charge on the website.)

Go me!

Wha?!? Damn, i better email them or soemthing. I hate having to pay US$25 for shipping...

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Proctor's website says Nano contains an SODase-type hair growth stimulating agent in Nano shampoo.

Does anyone know what ingredient this is?

Felk

Reaction score
I think Tembo and PBN are SOD's he uses, from memory. Don't know which is in the shampoo tohugh...

G

would i see any real benefit from adding lef's NANO shampoo as my non-Nizoral shampoo?

Right now I use Nizoral every other day and Redken shampoo on my non-Nizoral days. Redken is a good shampoo but has no real benefit in growing hair, which I hear NANO can do. I also take Avodart 0.5 mg per day but that's all i do- Nizoral+Avodart.

Is it true that using Nano shampoo 3-4 times a week as is effective as using the minoxidil?

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
would i see any real benefit from adding lef's NANO shampoo as my non-Nizoral shampoo?

Right now I use Nizoral every other day and Redken shampoo on my non-Nizoral days. Redken is a good shampoo but has no real benefit in growing hair, which I hear NANO can do. I also take Avodart 0.5 mg per day but that's all i do- Nizoral+Avodart.

Is it true that using Nano shampoo 3-4 times a week as is effective as using the minoxidil?

This is off topic but i heard (not sure) that using Nizoral everyday is like using 2% minoxidil daily. Can anyone confirm this?

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Nano shampoo that I order from dr. p's website for about 2 months now and I may be seing some regrowth. I have a bunch of short dark hairs sprouting on my temples which I am pretty happy about. I can't say for sure its the Nano shampoo but I do know they weren't there a month ago.

Back on topic-- I am also curious as to weather your getting the same product if you buy from lef.org because the shampoo has a different label, although the ingredients appear to be the same. I am from Canada too, so $25US shipping on top of this expensive shampoo sucks big time.

viperfish

Reaction score
I've never had regrowth from the shampoo, but it has got to be one of the best as far as leaving the hair looking cosmetically better.

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Follically Challenged said:
I have been to DrProctor.com and may order from there..however i am awaiting to hear back from him regarding international shipping.

I went to lef.org and they have a Dr. Proctor regrowth shampoo (which he doesn't have on his site) and they claim it contains NANO..but they say NANO is 3-carboxylicacidpyridine N-Oxide whereas Dr. Proctor says that it is nicotinic acid N-Oxide (which makes more sense, acronym wise.)

In Proxiphen-N Dr. Proctor says there is pyridine-N-oxide.

So I guess what I'm wondering is: Does anyone have any thoughts as to whether the lef.org Dr. Proctor shampoo would be as effective NANO shampoo? It's 15 dollars cheaper a bottle, at 25 dollars.

And, is there any other place besides DrProctor.com to order NANO? Do any of those places mark the shipment as a gift?

The "NANO" to which you refer is most commonly known as nicotinic acid n-oxide or oxiniacic acid (Merck Index, 13th Ed.), and universally as CAS Number 2398-81-4.

Why not buy a lifetime supply of oxiniacic acid ("NANO") at less than the cost of a single bottle of shampoo, and add it to your own shampoo or whatever as you see fit?

Here:
Lifetime supply of nicotonic acid n-oxide from Acros Organics (100 gm, $25).

Relevant patents:
Proctor, United States Patent 5,472,687: Topical pyridine N-oxides

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Bingo.

I'm sure this stuff is going to sell quick.

It doesn't say how much comes within each product.

Felk

Reaction score
Ooooh! Awesome!

DIY NANO would be great... i'll consider adding it to my favourite shampoo and dropping the NANO...

CCS

Reaction score
100 grams.

they don't sell it to residences. you have to fill out an application and tell them your business address, type, references, etc, and they investigate, perhaps.

also, the nano shampoo has more than just nano

Dave001

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
100 grams.

they don't sell it to residences. you have to fill out an application and tell them your business address, type, references, etc, and they investigate, perhaps.

lso, the nano shampoo has more than just nano

So buy it from somewhere else; it's not hard to find. It's a common and inexpensive chemical.

Neither "NANO" itself nor any of the other components have any human studies demonstrating effectivenss. Even if it is potentially effective, the necessary concentration and/or amount is not known.

CCS

Reaction score
yeah, that is why I don't want to buy it unless it is cheap. which makes me question my buying the shampoo, but bryan has a collection of posts by people who got results from it.

CCS

Reaction score
do you know any of the chemical names for the tricomin peptides? are they used for anything else besides hair loss in humans?