Nano Shampoo

Cassin

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding Nano shampoo to my routine. My current shampoo works great, but I am always looking for an upgrade if the price is reasonable. My current shampoo costs about $10 a month, I figure after shampoo and shipping, it should costs about $15 a month.

I keep my hair about an inch short so I am thinking it should last me about 3 to 4 months for the supply.

Here is a quote from his site.

NANO Shampoo and Conditioner

NANO shampoo and Conditioner contain the minoxidil-like hair growth stimulator NANO ( nicotinic acid N-Oxide ). In addition, NANO shampoo contains an SODase-type hair growth stimulating agent. NANO Shampoo is a good adjuvant treatment for either proscription Proxiphen or Proxiphen-N. The cost for a 2-3 month Supply of NANO shampoo is $39.95, a two month supply of NANO Conditioner is $29.95.

Has any tried this?

Except for the massive itching I am fighting from minoxidil/Nizoral, my treatment is working very well. I only want to add something if the price is right. For an extra $5 a month it might be worth it for me.

I sent an email to Dr Proctor about this today asking a few questions, and I will post his response if he answers me.

I have little doubt this shampoo works better than Nizoral, but I am seeking anyones opinion anyway.

Thanks

Any thoughts?

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
I used it.. 40 bucks a bottle cant say if its worth it.

I'm using prox-n also, 60 bucks for 1 bottle, cant say if its worth it. I can tell you I wont buy any more of either. Not worth all the extra bucks for unproven stuff.

Cassin

Reaction score
I got his reply back fairly quick, about 3 hours.

This is the part of his reply worth posting. Seems like this somewhat supports Nizoral and applying minoxidil after a shower.

Edit:
Water-soaking the skin greatly enhances skin penetration of topicla agents. For this reasons, shampoos are a common method of adminitering treatment to the scalp.

Dr Proctor

Looks like we could all use spell check, even doctors. :)

Thanx for the reply's Vortex and Redbone, I am no longer looking into this.

G

Cassin said:
I got his reply back fairly quick, about 3 hours. His response isn't worth posting.

Thanx for the reply's Vortex and Redbone, I am no longer looking into this.

He comes across as kind of a turd via email.

:laugh:

G

Yea he seems like a f*****g a**h**. I use his shampoo and makes my hair feel better. Cant say it works though.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I'll have to be the lone voice of dissent among all the others here: I like Dr. Proctor's products, and I continue to use them to this day. I still think they're probably the most sophisticated treatments available.

Bryan

Redbone

Reaction score
Bryan you should look into Lion Bap6 for sophistication. Proctor's name should be proctologist because he is always sticking it to us.

Don't you think his products are a bit expensive? If it works for you though...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
redbone said:
Bryan you should look into Lion Bap6 for sophistication.

I look forward to hearing more about it, as I do ALL new treatments.

redbone said:
Proctor's name should be proctologist because he is always sticking it to us. Don't you think his products are a bit expensive?

Yes, I do. They are quite expensive. I was just referring to the level of sophistication, irrespective of the price.

Bryan

G

Bryan said:
redbone said:
Bryan you should look into Lion Bap6 for sophistication.

I look forward to hearing more about it, as I do ALL new treatments.

redbone said:
Proctor's name should be proctologist because he is always sticking it to us. Don't you think his products are a bit expensive?

Yes, I do. They are quite expensive. I was just referring to the level of sophistication, irrespective of the price.

Bryan

This is totally subjective, but either he has changed the NANO shampoo or I am simply reacting differently to it. I know my shedding dropped sharply when I switched to folligen shampoo. Moreover, the NANO seemed to suddenly become very very drying to my scalp and hair.

For what it is worth.

Tony1

Reaction score
This is my first post. I just came across the site but I have use Dr. Proctors products since I was 21. I am now 35. I live in Houston so I just swing buy and pick my stuff up. He is a nice guy and Ive never been charged a visit. I have seen first hand that his products can work well. I had pictures done in his office and from regular use of proxiphen my hair filled in and my hair line even grew in some. Now this was some time ago. I have to admit that I have been very lazy about using my products for a few years now. Age has got the best of my hair but I'm not bald yet and am actually quite suprised I'm not completely bald yet since I started losing my hair at the age of 20. It seems that he puts in proxiphen alot of the products that people use separetely. Anyway I hope to learn alot as I have a renewed interest in saving my hair. It is getting a bit thin now.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, Tony, you've been using his stuff almost twice as long as I have.

BTW, you and I have an advantage the others don't get: we get to chat with the irrepressible Donna Proctor, whenever we show up at his office! :lol:

Bryan

Brian4hair

Reaction score
Dr. Proctor is a cheap A-hole and so is his wife. I tried to return the shampoo and Prox-n- because they both are rip-offs and I don't believe they work.well, Proctor never honored his warantee. After calling numerous times and being blown off and screamed at by his wife, I finally got to talk to Proctor who told me he'd call me back and let me know about the refund for the returned products. His wife was yelling at him while he was on the phone with me, screaming not to give me a refund(hahahahhahaha...I wish I had a tape recorder). Anyway, he never called me back and I never got my refund. that guy makes millions of dollars and he couldn't give my 100 or so dollars back and honor his warantee? They can keep my money. I'd rather be out a hundred bucks than talk to his nasty wife again.
BUYER BEWARE

G

BruceLee,

When I was useing NANO on a regular basis I noticed shedding all the time, the funny thing was that my hair never looked any worse through it... how about you, did you see any positive results.

Brian,

Has the use of NANO on the areas of your scalp where you dont apply proxiphen shown any positive results...

Distressed...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Distressed said:
Brian,

Has the use of NANO on the areas of your scalp where you dont apply proxiphen shown any positive results...

Even during that 2-year period when I was using only Prox-N and NANO Shampoo, I wasn't really using the shampoo often enough to give it a fair test. On average, I was probably only using it about once a week or so.

Bryan