Need support!!! Decided on finasteride + story + questions

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep fighting the good fight, would love to see you get some long term success given your story on the first post

Thanks abionlad, I hope you are doing good with your regimen as well bro.

The good news is that you look A LOT better now that you've cut it short. Even if you don't get all the way back to fro status, even a little regrowth will put you in pretty good shape.

Just made my day man, was thinking the other day on some hair style to cover my thinning but I realized that won't help at all unfortunately, only stress out about it.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm doing great man. No sides at all. I'm two months in now, but won't post pics probably until month three.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Good to hear you are side free. Hopefully your hair improves soon.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Progress update.

Before treatment:
IMG_1410(2).jpgIMG_1438(1).jpg

~2.5 months:
IMG_1511.jpg

4 months in:
IMG_1631(2).jpgIMG_1901(2).jpg

The recession is the same (no further loss) and my hair feels a lot more thicker.

Even though I'm happy with the current results I'm having a really harsh time as finasteride apparently triggered anemia. You can view the thread here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...In-a-bad-bad-situation-Finasteride-amp-Anemia

I'm not stopping finasteride, I decided to treat the anemia and lower the dose so I will be taking 05 mg a day. I may be irrational but I'm just not ready to throw everything away, I just can't.

I will update whenever I must on my situation. Thanks for reading.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I'm not stopping finasteride, I decided to treat the anemia and lower the dose so I will be taking 05 mg a day. I may be irrational but I'm just not ready to throw everything away, I just can't.

There are some that will judge you because the decision, but I cannot and wont. I would most likely make the same decision. Good luck and hopefully things work out.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
There are some that will judge you because the decision, but I cannot and wont. I would most likely make the same decision. Good luck and hopefully things work out.

Thanks man, I can't see it any other way at this time.

"never heard of RU and NOFAP. where can I buy these?" lol

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Fok man, so sorry to hear about the Anemia. A quick google search says that there are several types of Anemia. Do you know which kind - some of the treatments seem to be simple, they just give you supplements, like iron and some vitamins. I guess that's the "good" kind, whereas an immune response that attacks red blood cells is the "bad" one.
You have to get some blood work done, to make sure what the underlying cause is. That will tell you whether or not finasteride is a good idea for you.

good luck man.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Fok man, so sorry to hear about the Anemia. A quick google search says that there are several types of Anemia. Do you know which kind - some of the treatments seem to be simple, they just give you supplements, like iron and some vitamins. I guess that's the "good" kind, whereas an immune response that attacks red blood cells is the "bad" one.
You have to get some blood work done, to make sure what the underlying cause is. That will tell you whether or not finasteride is a good idea for you.

good luck man.

I took exams before even starting treatment and I was perfectly healthy, the anemia is a reaction to the androgen inhibitor. Treatment is basically iron and acid folic. The exams showed low red cells count, hemolytic anemia though not advanced.

I guess my body took it rough because the low was so sudden. I'm going to try to get body accustomed although I'm aware the medic recommended me to stop the regime meanwhile.

Reaction score
hii bro !! We have the some qualité of hair and we have the some hair loss too, but yours it's worse , i'm only 22 years old , I start early 1.25 mg of finastéride but My hair still falling , I don't know , seee my topic.

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
Following up to my last update: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...steride-story-questions?p=1214518#post1214518

No finasteride sides anymore, at all after treating the anemia. I kept same dose 1mg finasteride a day and for some reason, morning woods came back full force. My libido has increased substantially and had no reactions/issues, zero muy bueno.

With that said, the hair I was able to recover seems to fell off so my current hair status is looking almost as when I first started. I'm not sure the reason behind, does anyone knows? I was so optimistic at first but now I'm feeling lost again each time I take a look at the mirror. I'm even noticing thin hair where I never noticed before so it's really disappointing. The only reason I haven't flipped out is because my scalp is nowhere near as greasy or painful as before and when I pull my hair the hair strands left in my hand do not even compare to before I started treatment.

I need to get a couple of drinks asap. Cheers:beer:

transfer

Reaction score
Isnn't the 'shedding'?
Bro, whe have exactly the same hair, the only difference is that my hair is black.

I am also thinning on the top.. Really depressing if you know about your hair was a few years ago

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Your probably just going through a shred , the same is happening to me at the mo it's quite disheartening - your hair looks much better cut short . Keep the rigime up after the shed and the grow back it will be even better. Your is hair pretty good and I'd definitely not consider you bald or bad receding . Your hair looks fine mukka

Reaction score
Your hair looks much better. Hope you get your afro back man.