New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicefella

Established Member
Reaction score
So scalp massages and dermaroller just by themselves then eh? Okay then, thanks! I'm weary of trying minoxidil because I then I won't stop you know? It's a commitment and finasteride is OUT of the picture you know? Thanks

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol my manager keeps looking at my head but won't say anything, this is 5th week she noticed, only red for 2 days at most

- - - Updated - - -

Dermaroller should be fine alone, but if minimal, should do a lot of scalp massages

Tell her you've been having crazy head aches or your part of a fight club.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've jumped on the dermaroller wagon. Quick question. After my first time, it didn't really hurt and I did not get much blood. Is that fine? I was pressing fairly hard.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
Sustaining castor oil application for the long-term would be reeeeally awkward...that stuff is mean and messy...and it feel's gross on your scalp...

CharlesXavier

Reaction score
Sustaining castor oil application for the long-term would be reeeeally awkward...that stuff is mean and messy...and it feel's gross on your scalp...
I was about to say the same i have dark castor oil that **** is gooey and sticky and it smells like you smoke 10 packs of ciggarettes...any tips on easier aplication and when to apply it? When after dermarolling and how often...

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
I use the Red Pimiento Oil with Black Castor Oil by Jamaican Roots. Still gets a big gooey during the day after a few hours but I tend to apply it more during the evenings.

sweetsymphony

Reaction score
Happy holidays everyone!!! I just got back from vacationing and finally did a rolling session last night. My previous session was 13 days ago (longest I've gone but there was no way I was going to have to explain my bloody head to dozens of my relatives).

Amazingly, I got a ton of compliments from my family about how nice and healthy my hair looked! Since I've been going through a shed, I was very surprised to hear that.

When I did do my DR session last night, I noticed hundreds maybe thousands of terminal hairs about a centimeter long all over my entire scalp!!! I'm trying hard not to get overly excited but I'm feeling really good about this. Most likely a lot of them are hairs that have recently shed but I'm still happy to see them grow!!

Anyway, I also changed up my routine and did the 30% glycolic acid peel right before my roll (before, I waited a day or 2 after the peel to roll). Applied it for about 10 mins, washed it out and started rolling. Took almost 2 hours though... It's the only time I hate having long hair. I divide my hair into about 15 sections to ensure I'm getting enough needle penetration all over so that my entire galea area is nice and bloody. I have to keep reassuring myself "no pain, no gain" the whole 2 hours. Afterwards, I applied my emu oil, borage oil and saw palmetto mixture. For those of you who can get a rolling session done in 15 mins or less, I envy you.

This morning I washed away my bloody scalp and applied minoxidil. At this rate. I can't wait to see how my hair looks in a year!

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy holidays everyone!!! I just got back from vacationing and finally did a rolling session last night. My previous session was 13 days ago (longest I've gone but there was no way I was going to have to explain my bloody head to dozens of my relatives).

Amazingly, I got a ton of compliments from my family about how nice and healthy my hair looked! Since I've been going through a shed, I was very surprised to hear that.

When I did do my DR session last night, I noticed hundreds maybe thousands of terminal hairs about a centimeter long all over my entire scalp!!! I'm trying hard not to get overly excited but I'm feeling really good about this. Most likely a lot of them are hairs that have recently shed but I'm still happy to see them grow!!

Anyway, I also changed up my routine and did the 30% glycolic acid peel right before my roll (before, I waited a day or 2 after the peel to roll). Applied it for about 10 mins, washed it out and started rolling. Took almost 2 hours though... It's the only time I hate having long hair. I divide my hair into about 15 sections to ensure I'm getting enough needle penetration all over so that my entire galea area is nice and bloody. I have to keep reassuring myself "no pain, no gain" the whole 2 hours. Afterwards, I applied my emu oil, borage oil and saw palmetto mixture. For those of you who can get a rolling session done in 15 mins or less, I envy you.

This morning I washed away my bloody scalp and applied minoxidil. At this rate. I can't wait to see how my hair looks in a year!

2 hours, wow that sucks, takes me around 10 minutes with buzzed hair and I get reasonably bloody, I just did my first acid peel last night, 4 days after rolling, wanted to see how it went, may go the day of route next week

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
My scalp absorbtion is ****ed up and i dont know why..:/ minoxidil wont even get into the rolled areas , it dries out on the scalp..sux a bit.gonna make some rolling break to let all regenerate hopefully

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
My scalp absorbtion is ****ed up and i dont know why..:/ minoxidil wont even get into the rolled areas , it dries out on the scalp..sux a bit.gonna make some rolling break to let all regenerate hopefully

I started doing a light absorbtion roll with the 1.5 nightly or every other nt, very little pressure and no blood and very little redness

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
sweetsymphony, great to hear that you're feeling good and seeing regrowth. do you have any before/after pics? thanks.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
BeliefISKEY is in the house! :2gunsfiring_v1: Welcome Back! You been to Galea on X-Max vacation?:)

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
BriefISKEY! if you read this.. Did you give a good X-Mas massage to your Galea?:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

My head is reddish from the Acute inflammation for like 3-5 days.. I don't think that everyday is a good idea. Your scalp need some recovery time. Rolling with smaller derma roller is probably just good for a better absorption of Minoxidil. Do it right the first time so you don't have to do it numerous times during the week.. Rolling is not the best thing to do. It definitely hurts and can be messy if you go hard core LOL

Squeeg, you're a bloodhound for relevant citations, but I should have clarified. I wasn't referring to nsaids, but keto/emu oil. Any thoughts on adding saba gel, 50/50 hydrocortisone/retinA?

No no, you meant NSAID's don't lie. No, don't lie.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I started doing a light absorbtion roll with the 1.5 nightly or every other nt, very little pressure and no blood and very little redness

I wonder if we go light rolling every 2 days??.. or daily?? to get the blood flowing up there? Acute inflammation dump a lot of ATP, oxygen and all the growth factors needed to our balding scalp each time you see the redness.

BeliefISKEY

Established Member
Reaction score
BriefISKEY! if you read this.. Did you give a good X-Mas massage to your Galea?:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

My head is reddish from the Acute inflammation for like 3-5 days.. I don't think that everyday is a good idea. Your scalp need some recovery time. Rolling with smaller derma roller is probably just good for a better absorption of Minoxidil. Do it right the first time so you don't have to do it numerous times during the week.. Rolling is not the best thing to do. It definitely hurts and can be messy if you go hard core LOL

BeliefISKEY is in the house! :2gunsfiring_v1: Welcome Back! You been to Galea on X-Max vacation?:)

Dude try my suggestion out... It's free. Would it hurt to just try to loosen your scalp? I know you find some merit in it since you posted that study you frog. If it doesn't work I'll join the US military and we fight like Spartans.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Get a girl to give you a galea job. Use some olive oil for lube. With time, the scalp will c*m hair and you'll feel good afterwards.

I just wanted to repost this...

YOU WERE THE FIRST GUY TO CITE THE DETUMESCENCE STUDY ON IH FORUMS.

Just incase you forgot to purchase windex, I reposted that for you, bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.