New Hair Institute

Desperado1

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am a first time member. To give you a little background about myself. My hair loss isn't too bad (yet) However it still bothers me. My temples are receding and I am seriously considering surgery. Can someone recommend a good hair transplant surgeon in southern california? I have visited the NEW HAIR INSTITUTE and i am considering them.

thank you

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
NHI is a fantastic facility. They do amazing work. I have had 3 hair transplant's, and not one of them was there, but I know there track record, you will be in fantastic hands and will have amazing results. If you are thinking about it and have consulted w/ NHI and are a good candidate, I'd say go for it. In a year you'll be amazed.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Desperado1 said:
Hello Everyone

I am a first time member. To give you a little background about myself. My hair loss isn't too bad (yet) However it still bothers me. My temples are receding and I am seriously considering surgery. Can someone recommend a good hair transplant surgeon in southern california? I have visited the NEW HAIR INSTITUTE and i am considering them.

thank you
ITNEVERRAINS said:
NHI is a fantastic facility. They do amazing work. I have had 3 hair transplant's, and not one of them was there, but I know there track record, you will be in fantastic hands and will have amazing results. If you are thinking about it and have consulted w/ NHI and are a good candidate, I'd say go for it. In a year you'll be amazed.

hmmm........... :roll: :spam: of sorts?

s.a.f

Reaction score
So who is the surgeon? :thumbdown2: Another hairmill I'm guessing.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Anytime anyone is positive here its spam or some snide f***ing comment. For all the haters who's head looks like a freshly circumsized d***, it might be a good thing since it matches your personality.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Answer the question, if they're so great how come nobody knows about them and the surgeon does'nt call the clinic after his own name.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
So the only way to get a good hair transplant is if the facility is named after the doctor? In my opinion that's just as dumb as walking into Dr. Hairman's private practice just because his name is on the door. If you want a hair transplant, I say do the research, talk to former patients (unpaid advocates), set your goals, and go with it. Or come here and knock down everybody who has a different opinion on the subject in an open forum such as this

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
You've never heard of Rassman or Berstein? I know I'm only 3000 miles away in the same country but to a veteran such as yourself I figured you had heard of them.

s.a.f

Reaction score
You never mentioned the surgeons, thats why I asked who they were!
Also I never claimed that a Dr having his name on the door gauranteed that he was any good but nearly all the top surgeons do this as a way to build their reputation.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
So you do know about them. I guess they could have named it after themselves. Guess they figured NHI was better marketing, so they went with it. Seems to be working pretty well, coincides with they work they do. That was the original question posted. I felt informed to make my honest opinion, less informed slammed me twice, I retaliated with info and logic, this post has become more informative because of everything, person who started post wins.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
Anytime anyone is positive here its spam or some snide f***ing comment. For all the haters who's head looks like a freshly circumsized d***, it might be a good thing since it matches your personality.

the whole point of this forum is to weed out the crappy surgeons and try to give (based on ones own experience) the best surgeons a mention.

just because we suggested that this 'new hair institute' wasnt as great as you make out you resort to name calling? grow the f*** up man

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
check your first post for name calling, I believe I called a spammer to start, then I merely defended my original position. Am I way off basis here? If so I apologize.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I confirmed I was called a spammer by you to begin with on post 3. So "stop name calling and grow the f*** up." How about practice what you preach.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
check your first post for name calling, I believe I called a spammer to start, then I merely defended my original position. Am I way off basis here? If so I apologize.

''hmmm........... :roll: :spam: of sorts?'' is name calling? i didnt know what it was so thats why i question marked it!!

i certainly didnt call you any names

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Desperado1 said:
wow such hostility. Didnt mean to cause a lot of drama.

no hostility but if we see something suspect we have to ask the question.Surgery is a big deal and a wrong decision could be life destroying

:)

Desperado1

Reaction score
So has anyone had experience with the new hair institute? I visited them and they seemed pretty legit.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
no experience whatsoever, except I read Rassman's balding blog on the net (he seems to make himself available, which is a good sign in my opinion). You should ask to speak to his patients who are not endorsed (paid) and at different points in their hair transplant life, (someone at 3 months, 6, a year, 5 year, young, old, etc...) This should be welcomed and provided easily by NHI. I don't know if anyone has blogged about visiting their clinic(s) but usually someone who has been there has advice on a clinic. i think there is another forum that one of the mods visit's clinics and rates their quality.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is that mod being paid to give a the clinic a high rating? Be very careful!

The best advice I can give to you is to contact the clinic, ask if you can meet thier patients in person, check out thier blogs if you can to make sure it all adds up.