New Hair Institute

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
changing subject, Lucky, your hair transplant is fantastic. Feller is a hair transplant machine in my opinion.

G

Guys let's relax a bit hmmm?

NHI is a solid hair transplant clinic---- However, Dr. Rassman himself is quite expensive

His associate Dr. Jae Pak does fine work as well (from a few pics/word of mouth)

I have never really seen any younger patients they have done, nor any real "dense" work but the work I have seen is natural and nice.

Dr. Bernstein is in another league, IMHO--but he is in New York--- the only knock on Dr. Bernstien is that he refuses to do larger sessions (stays around 2000-2500 grafts) which isn't a negative per se, but with many looking for more grafts it has been presented that way. His work is great IMO--and he NEVER puts the patient at risk.

My suggestion is to have a consult with H&W who would be a short flight from California--- then compare and contrast cost & results--- then make the decision.

Hope this helps,
Jason

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I went to an open house once at NHI, in San Jose. They served little sandwiches and soda and had about four patients there of varying ages, ethnicities to talk to the guests about their experiences at that clinic. There was an older man whose work looked good, but there was another guy there who used to be NW7 and now he just looks like he has extreme diffuse on top- you could still see his scalp. He said his hair was already naturally thin and he didn't have enough donor hair to get complete coverage. Then the doctors came out and fielded questions from the guests. I could sense a bit of pressure technique in his sales pitch. He shot off some statistics on how employers hire those with hair over the bald, despite qualifications and of course he had to talk about what women think of bald guys and how hair would fix that problem. After the confab with the doctors, they took us back to show us an actual hair transplant in progress. The guy in the chair was watching a movie and in the process of conversation, he mentioned that this was his fifth visit. That is when I got that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. To wrap things up, I had a consultation with the doctor (can't remember his name). He drew in my hairline with a marker, looked at my scalp through a magnifier and told me that he thought it was too early to do work on me and he wrote me a prescription for propecia. I walked away not feeling too sure about that place. If I am going to take the plunge, I would travel to Canada to consult with Hassan/Wong.

G

Unless I am direly mistaken, Dr.s Rassman and Bernstein no longer practice togethor. Several years ago, Dr. Bernstein started his own independent clinic in NYC where they used to practice togethor. I don't believe Bernstein is affiliated with NHI anymore.