New Here

atsteele

Reaction score
So I new to this site. I have noticed my hair thinning for about 1-1/5 years. I am currently on Nizoral and Minoxidil. I usually wear a hat at work. I am 23 YOA, and I am adopted so I have to idea about genetics. I may be in the shedding phase of minoxidil as well.

What do you guys think?

Hoping for Histogen to come out soon/......

Attachments

• IMG_20150106_193746948.jpg
    IMG_20150106_193746948.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 2015-01-06_19.41.49.jpg
    2015-01-06_19.41.49.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 2015-01-06_19.41.21.jpg
    2015-01-06_19.41.21.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 322

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Temples are bad alongwith the frontal.Hop on finasteride and you can save them for a long term.As for histogen i'd say forget it for then 4-5 years

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
what you are doing is good, but you should really take finasteride in addition to what you are already taking, it is by far the most important of that three-part regimen. You look like you could see solid results from these three things given 6-12 months. If you don't get regrowth you should at least maintain what you have

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just a little worried about the sides of finasteride....

sides are temporary and go away if you stop. finasteride does not cause permanent sides. Try it and if you don't get sides stay on

atsteele

Reaction score
I have a bottle of it sitting in my medicine cabinet. Just need to start up I guess. I may be being paranoid, but being 23 I have a fairly active sex life with my GF.......

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Their are very low chances that you would be so low on luck that you would get sides.Try finasteride for 3 months with consistency and if you still get sides then just stop and you will be as good as pre finasteride in about 2 weeks.

shookwun

Reaction score
i'd be more worried about the side effects of being bald then finasteride. Not looking to good in your favour, hair is very thin, and fine ontop of a NW4 in formation. Vertex is also thinning.

how many years have you been loosing?

atsteele

Reaction score
Maybe a year in a half?..... I never notice any hairs in the shower either. Maybe 4-5 strands. I see the most hair in my hats.

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Avodart inhibits like over 95% of ALL the dht in the body.This is like a potential cure to most of the people with only 0.5 mg a week with finasteride for results in a year.Sadly there have been no sucessful trials that show avodart to be used fot Androgenetic Alopecia.Its an off the counter medication for Androgenetic Alopecia
.You should check out zzzz's story thread.He had one hell of a growth with Avodart.
But i won't recommened jumping straight on avodart.The sides are more likely to stay in comparison to finasteride which goes away.Try finasteride first and if you can't see any progress then you can consider Avodart

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
There's still hope, there's a lot on your side and a good chance of regrowth.
You're still very young
You've lost the hair recently
Your hairline is still somewhat intact

If you're serious about your hairloss you'll give finasteride a shot. At worst you will get temporary sides.

atsteele

Reaction score
I just think it's weird how I never see any hair fall out in the shower. I am going to start finasteride with my minoxidil and nizoral.

shookwun

Reaction score
That much baldness in a year n a half? That's real aggressive.

Doesn't look to good man, and i'm optimistic n all.

get on medication, good luck

atsteele

Reaction score
Has probably been longer than 1.5 years. Maybe more like 3ish years. I started minoxidil and noticed the shed, but not any more. I saw another users post about avodart, and he saw amazing results.

atsteele

Reaction score
Well I just picked up my 90 day finasteride. Is it safe to say that most people who notice sides of finasteride live a sedentary lifestyle? I work out 6 days a week, and played college hockey.

prettydamnbald

Reaction score
I don't think it's safe to say that. College hockey could just a well be pocket pool. You probably won't get any sides unless you obsess yourself into having them.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I just picked up my 90 day finasteride. Is it safe to say that most people who notice sides of finasteride live a sedentary lifestyle? I work out 6 days a week, and played college hockey.

I don't think there is any link between lifestyle and incidence of sides. Some people get them, others don't. You just have to give it a shot and see what happens.i work as a physical therapist and go to the gym 4 x week and play sports.I had moderate brain fog, increased fatigue +++ but no sexual sides. After 2/3 months I no longer had any sides.

seek

Reaction score
I'd say at your age using finasteride will be fine. Keeping active and fit and generally having a healthy lifestyle should offset any minor niggles anyway. By this I mean that if you are feeling good and full of vigour your libido will still be pretty high. I was active and fit when I started finasteride and had no side effects for a long time.

MEVOYACURAR

Established Member
Reaction score
Regarding finasteride:

If I were you I would talk with my girlfriend and ask for her opinion (that is what really matters). I also developed minor sides only after several months on it, first months were great. However you have to know that after-quitting sometimes is hard and it could be a slow recovery. In my case I wouldn't start it again. We are so young to experience sexual problems. And believe me it was great not to know how they feel like. Pros vs cons, think about it deeply.