New Here

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Regarding finasteride:

If I were you I would talk with my girlfriend and ask for her opinion (that is what really matters).

I wouldn't. If you guys are married, then ok talk to her. But a girl friend, I DON'T THINK SO. I have heard too many guys talk about not treating their hair loss because their girl friends loved them the way they were and didn't want them to risk sides. Only to have these same guys come back months or years later saying they are single again and trying to date while an advanced norwood. Yeah, think about it very deeply...

- - - Updated - - -

i'd be more worried about the side effects of being bald then finasteride.

Exactly. This is the main reason we take this ****.

Mr Mayhem

Reaction score
Lol I used to be a raging hornbag , now a year after finasteride my girlfriends complains about my low sex drive it's embarrassing as ****. I'm slowly getting better it's just difficult trying to keep my hair whilst also trying not to make myself any worse in terms of sexuality

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
I see too many people on this forum promoting Finasteride as a way to keep your hair in fact it is not a solution it only mask the root cause of your hair loss. There is a reason for elevated DHT and it is quite different from person to person but the most common reason is stress and unhealthy life stile especially in young guys. Both of those things can be changed even thou it may be harder than taking a pill.
But considering that you have to take those pills for years and dealing with sides it may be more beneficial to think about change in lifestyle to minimize the stress instead of taking the easy way.
If your hair is too far gone go for hair transplant but first try to find what is the cause of loosing you hair.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is a reason for elevated DHT and it is quite different from person to person but the most common reason is stress and unhealthy life stile especially in young guys. Both of those things can be changed even thou it may be harder than taking a pill.

:doh:

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see too many people on this forum promoting Finasteride as a way to keep your hair in fact it is not a solution it only mask the root cause of your hair loss. There is a reason for elevated DHT and it is quite different from person to person but the most common reason is stress and unhealthy life stile especially in young guys. Both of those things can be changed even thou it may be harder than taking a pill.
But considering that you have to take those pills for years and dealing with sides it may be more beneficial to think about change in lifestyle to minimize the stress instead of taking the easy way.
If your hair is too far gone go for hair transplant but first try to find what is the cause of loosing you hair.

high DHT is a good thing, exept if hairloss comes with it, so its not the result of an unhealthy lifestyle. An unhealthy lifestyle would result in lower T and DHT. I am extremely healthy, I eat healthier than like 95% of the population and go to the gym daily, still have aggressive hairloss. It has nothing to do with overall health

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
high DHT is a good thing, exept if hairloss comes with it, so its not the result of an unhealthy lifestyle. An unhealthy lifestyle would result in lower T and DHT. I am extremely healthy, I eat healthier than like 95% of the population and go to the gym daily, still have aggressive hairloss. It has nothing to do with overall health

So you eat healthy and go to gym but you did not mention anything about stress. I'm now 40 years old with family history of male pattern baldness in both my grandfather and father but my hair loss progressed during time when I had a lot of stress in my life, when I eliminated large portion of stress from my life my shedding stopped without any medications. Now you may say you don't have stress ether but stress can be physical or emotional and it can trigger hair loss. As I said before the reason for hair loss vary for each individual and finding it and eliminating it will be more helpful than taking pills for the rest of your life.

Also I hate current model for medical services and drugs it is all about money no company is interested in providing the cure they prefer to sell you support medication that you will have to take your entire life a perfect business model.

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score

Lifestile is not only what you eat or do you go to gym it is more complex than that but you did not mention anything about stress and how you deal whit it. Stress can be physical or emotional and it is a trigger for hormonal misbalance.
In my case I have a family history of male pattern baldness but My hair tinning started when I had a lot of stress in my life not before that.
2 years ago I have managed to reduce stress in my life to a bare minimum since then I haven't lost more hair. The point here is that hair loss is not only a genetic predisposition it also requires a trigger to be unlocked.
Finding that trigger and eliminating it will allow the body to restore the chemical balance and keep the hair you are left with.
I'm sure that you are not very happy with shedding and continues hair loss despite medications you take.

atsteele

Reaction score
Well I have little to no stress in my life. I eat healthy and probably workout to much. I never understood why I never see hair shedding in the shower or what not. I wish I could tell if it run in my family history, but I am adopted.

diablodh

Banned
Reaction score
Well that pretty much answers the question why you have elevated DHT. Testosterone levels increase after workout and after sex so having too much workout plus active sex life puts you body in stress.
And you don't see hairs because you don't shed hair your follicles are been miniaturized by DHT.

atsteele

Reaction score
Here's a little update. I started finasteride, Minoxidil, and nizoral about towards the end of Jan 2015. I don't really see results but that could just be me. Let me know what you all think.

IMG_20150413_174937470.jpgIMG_20150413_174940664.jpgIMG_20150413_174944321.jpgIMG_20150413_174947033.jpgIMG_20150413_174952629.jpgIMG_20150413_174958143.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Really hard to tell because of how light your hair is. If its anything your hair does look better in these pictures then the previous though.