nizoral is for the uneducated

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Look , Nizoral is slightly helpfull for inflamation and slightly has anti-androgen properties . Why don't you do your hair a favor and don't bother with such slight effectiveness . Use the potent copper peptide for inflamation and use the potent finasteride for anti-androgen and you'll do a great deal better .

drinkrum

Reaction score
Kevin fretwell said:
Look , Nizoral is slightly helpfull for inflamation and slightly has anti-androgen properties . Why don't you do your hair a favor and don't bother with such slight effectiveness . Use the potent copper peptide for inflamation and use the potent finasteride for anti-androgen and you'll do a great deal better .

Finasteride is overrated and for the uneducated too. I can't believe people still use that trivial garbage. Just chop off your balls and you'll be home free! No testosterone, no DHT.

D.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Becuase I actually have male pattern baldness and dandruff.. maybe that's why?

2 birds/ 1 stone

The Dude

Reaction score
I'm new here, so what is the deal with copper peptides. Is it proven effective? Side effects? Is it a pill or topical?

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Use the potent copper peptide for inflamation

Kevin,

I agree about the Nizoral. It's not worth the trouble.

What brand copper peptide do you use?

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Nizoral 2% is an excellent shampoo to use in conjunction with Finasteride and possibly minoxidil for male pattern baldness.

Nizoral 2% is a proven anti-inflammatory, it is said to help disrupt some DHT, increase hair diameter by 8%, and is great for dandruff!!!!

It is easy to use and not all that expensive.

Every 3rd day, after using your reg shampoo, apply Nizoral 2% and leave it on for 5-10mins.

Then, before bed, apply your copper peptides if you wish. Why not get the best of both worlds?

Besides, unlike copper peptides, Ketoconazole (Nizoral) stays in your scalp for several days after usage and continues to do its thing!

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
While I do use copper peptides, Nizoral is essential to my regimen and my scalp would itch a lot more without it. Also, applied just twice a week with no noitceable sides, it's a must. It also has science to back it up, making its effect (according to one study) comparable to that of minoxidil 2%.

avri

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok Mr. Educated,
You show me your evidence that says that copper peptides *in shampoo* will help me keep my hair, and I'll give up on good ole Nizoral, which does have research to back up the claims it never even had to make.
By the way, I've been on Revivogen and Nizoral for around 7 months now, and my hair has never been in better shape. I am blown away with my progress. It's really noticeable. I want to credit both of these products for helping me with life after proscar.
Regards,
Uneducated

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Kevin I thought you were on the nizoral boat after contributing to this thread.

Kevin fretwell said:
Now that you mention "cocktail" I suspect your right .The more numerous the attack the better .I'll keep the nizoral and add a daily shampoo like hair energizer as well for that added ingredient .MY regime is complex and once I get my hairline back I'll lessen the cocktail a little .

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... sc&start=0

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont understand how you could possibly think Nizoral doesnt work or works only slightly.

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Just read the data on Nizoral concerning the hair diameter and general hair regrowth responce from using nizoral .Thats a slight improvement .This post is just my opinion from reading data and using it as well as using cu and finasteride . Also as far as me saying "uneducated I just meant on hairloss products thats all " . I'm sorry for any insult impact .

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
socks said:
I disagree. Nizoral 2% is an excellent shampoo to use in conjunction with Finasteride and possibly minoxidil for male pattern baldness.

Nizoral 2% is a proven anti-inflammatory, it is said to help disrupt some DHT, increase hair diameter by 8%, and is great for dandruff!!!!

It is easy to use and not all that expensive.

Every 3rd day, after using your reg shampoo, apply Nizoral 2% and leave it on for 5-10mins.

Then, before bed, apply your copper peptides if you wish. Why not get the best of both worlds?
Makes sense to do this routine I have to admit .But , I would recommend cu and finasteride as well .Thanks for opinion regardless .

Besides, unlike copper peptides, Ketoconazole (Nizoral) stays in your scalp for several days after usage and continues to do its thing!
Good advice I have to admit but would like to say finasteride and cu product are superior .Thanks for post .

G

Nobody said that nizoral by itself will help you significantly in the fight against male pattern baldness. But it does help at least a little bit. Nobody in their right mind is going to use it itself as an anti-androgen, thats what finasteride is for.
Kevin, your stance against nizoral can be flipped around with Cu peptides also. Cu won't do sh*t for you all by itself. If you want the hair shafts to increase in quality why not use minoxidil and f*** the Cu. minoxidil is way better at regrowth and increaseing hair diameter than the CU.

But the Cu does do some work, even though it isn't as good as minoxidil, it still helps out a bit. Same thing with nizoral.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the world of hairloss a slight improvement is a big improvement in my opinion.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
always helps my scalp feel clean. No itchyness :) My bottle just ran out, a little over 4 months of use :D

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Kevin fretwell said:
Its the only shampoo on planet earth that can actually do anything to help hair loss. This is significant because you don't have to do *anything* different to incorporate it into your regimen. If only all the treatments were just shampoos! I also personally feel the inflammation it controls is a HUGE factor in the progression of hair loss. I saw zero results on Propecia until I added Nizoral.

HairLossTalk.com

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
question about nizoral: is it worth getting the prescription for 2%, or will 1% suffice (or am i wrong, and 2% is otc)?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
non prescription 1% is what most of us are using.