nizoral is for the uneducated

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Nobody said that nizoral by itself will help you significantly in the fight against male pattern baldness. But it does help at least a little bit. Nobody in their right mind is going to use it itself as an anti-androgen, thats what finasteride is for.
Kevin, your stance against nizoral can be flipped around with Cu peptides also. Cu won't do sh*t for you all by itself. If you want the hair shafts to increase in quality why not use minoxidil and f*** the Cu. minoxidil is way better at regrowth and increaseing hair diameter than the CU.

But the Cu does do some work, even though it isn't as good as minoxidil, it still helps out a bit. Same thing with nizoral.
Your not taking into consideration that indeed minoxidil creates inflamation of the scalp which counters progress so your definitely going to want to use cu along with min for best results .

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
but tricomin therapy spray is so expensive... im spending 50 a month on propecia until i can find generic finasteride, and 15 on 5% min. I understand that folligen spray is much cheaper than tricomin, but why such a different cost? is it that much less efficient than tricomin?

G

silkeysmooth said:
but tricomin therapy spray is so expensive... im spending 50 a month on propecia until i can find generic finasteride, and 15 on 5% min. I understand that folligen spray is much cheaper than tricomin, but why such a different cost? is it that much less efficient than tricomin?

:freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked: :freaked:

Mrs Smooth

I am sure you have heard this many times before but you should be paying around $12.50 a month to stick Merck Brand Finasteride down your neck.

just to make the point five more shocked faces

Ty

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
did you just call me "mrs"?

Ok, honest mistake im sure. So, lets say i go to mexico (i live in Az), so i can just buy generic finasteride for cheap over the counter?

BTW, my last name is silkey, silkeysmooth is a nickname ive had since grade school.
Thanks for the response though. If i knew it was THAT much cheaper, i'd have already done so.

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried tom hagerty's scalp exercise?

sorry, please disregard this post, i had to edit cause im not sure how to delete. Please forgive my ignorance

G

silkeysmooth said:
So, lets say i go to mexico (i live in Az), so i can just buy generic finasteride for cheap over the counter?

Mrs Silkey

I have no clue what "(I live in Az)" means? what are you American?

Like I said in my post Merck brand Finasteride not generic Finasteride can be had for $12.50 a month.

cheers

Ty

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
silkeysmooth said:
Its the same man . Just less costly . Try revitalize by american crew at 25$ a pop and get some generic finasteride from overseas for cheap dude .

silkeysmooth

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks fellas, sorry ty, im from arizona, a state in the U.S. just north of Mexico. im just used to people understanding what AZ means. sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again, kevin, though im hoping that since i have rather easy access to mexico that i can get generic finasteride there, for about the same as Ty mentioned.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
silkeysmooth said:
Thanks again, kevin, though im hoping that since i have rather easy access to mexico that i can get generic finasteride there, for about the same as Ty mentioned.

What makes you even THINK that you can get "generic finasteride" in Mexico? I bet the ONLY finasteride you can get there is the regular Merck brand! :wink:

Bryan

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
silkeysmooth said:
So, lets say i go to mexico (i live in Az), so i can just buy generic finasteride for cheap over the counter?

Mrs Silkey

I have no clue what "(I live in Az)" means? what are you American?

Like I said in my post Merck brand Finasteride not generic Finasteride can be had for $12.50 a month.

cheers

Ty
Hey Tynan , your almost at the prestigeous 1000 post mark . Is there a button or something that the website owner gives you ?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
Was it France where you can get some finasteride for about a finasteride or was that swiss ?

Cassin

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Its the only shampoo on planet earth that can actually do anything to help hair loss. This is significant because you don't have to do *anything* different to incorporate it into your regimen. If only all the treatments were just shampoos!
HairLossTalk.com

:shock:

What about T/GEL?

drinkrum

Reaction score
Call me old-fashioned but I only use T/Gel. Nizoral dries the hell out of my scalp and causes itching. Everyday use with T/Gel hasn't hurt me in 4 years.

D.

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
T/Gel

I see T/Gel in the stores all the time..is it essentially the same as Nizoral? Can I use it in lieau of nizoral?

I am on 0.5 mg of Finasteride (just ordered more off this site, hope it gets here from India or wherever )...and two applications of minoxidil each day.

Should I use T/Gel every day, or every third? I have never seen Nizoral on the shelf. Right now I use Head and Shoulders.

I was on Rogain 9 months before adding finasteride and I saw some good results, but nothing cosmetically acceptable. Hoping this move against DHT will push me over the hump. I did notice the last time I grew my hair out from a fresh head shaving, it looked thicker. Wife agreed...almost normal looking.

My manmissle is down though...hopefully it will pick back up.

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have tried so many shampoos. head and shoulders was a complete disaster. I had even more dandruff, itchiness and dry scalp after its use. herbal essences is ok.
I have been on Nizoral 1% for almost a month now, and i must say it is definitely the best shampoo i have ever used. My hair smells good...and the scalp is not left dry as was done by head and shoulders.
:)

drinkrum

Reaction score
Re: T/Gel

Celtictigyr said:
I see T/Gel in the stores all the time..is it essentially the same as Nizoral? Can I use it in lieau of nizoral?

I am on 0.5 mg of Finasteride (just ordered more off this site, hope it gets here from India or wherever )...and two applications of minoxidil each day.

Should I use T/Gel every day, or every third? I have never seen Nizoral on the shelf. Right now I use Head and Shoulders.

I was on Rogain 9 months before adding finasteride and I saw some good results, but nothing cosmetically acceptable. Hoping this move against DHT will push me over the hump. I did notice the last time I grew my hair out from a fresh head shaving, it looked thicker. Wife agreed...almost normal looking.

My manmissle is down though...hopefully it will pick back up.

T/Gel is mild enough for daily use. Nizoral should be used a couple times a week or so; most people cycle Nizoral at every third day with T/Gel in between.

I assume you will pick up from 0.50 mg/day of finasteride to 1.0 mg/day when your shipment arrives. Finasteride is the staple and cornerstone of any regime, so I wouldn't screw with the dosage yet.

D.