Norsk's story - (diffuse, NW2.5 , age 25, now 26)

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Re: Norsk's story - (diffuse, NW2.5 , 25 years old)

rusty_y2k2 said:
ghg said:
Sorry Norsk for hi-jacking your thread, but I had to ask this from metalheaddude: what exactly is the mechanism behind bench presses' gyno-preventing effect? I'd assume that it would only make it worse since you'd had the fat flappers sitting on top of the muscles which would only exaggerate the gyno.

not bench press specific, but lower levels of bodyfat = reduced oestrogen levels. Staying healthy and keeping your bodyfat low is definately a valid approach to lowering risk of gyno.

Could not of said it better myself :agree:

Doing bench presses to increase chest muscle mass wouldnt hurt either.

walkertr

Reaction score

Hi,

I am very curious about where you buy your rogaine foam when you live in Norway? Cant seem to find it anywhere..

would really appreciate an answer.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

You know where you need it most, on the crown. But even though you have a high hairline, it is still very strong which is fortunate. Crown thinners respond better to the meds so again, fortunate. I can't give you any med related advice being that I never delved into the stuff. I hope it works out regardless.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

uncomfortable man said:
You know where you need it most, on the crown. But even though you have a high hairline, it is still very strong which is fortunate. Crown thinners respond better to the meds so again, fortunate. I can't give you any med related advice being that I never delved into the stuff. I hope it works out regardless.

Yeah I wish I was losing heavily only on the crown, I'd have much more hope of gaining it back... but no, the whole top has to be diffuse :jackit: .

metalheaddude

Reaction score

ghg why dont u just grow it longer and do a comb over.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

metalheaddude said:
ghg why dont u just grow it longer and do a comb over.

I did that about a year ago but got fed up 'cause it's so sad to comb over when you're in your mid-20's imo. I haven't really got enough hair even for a comb-over anymore though. I'm somewhat happy with buzzing but would really love to have the confidence to buzz it to #0. I remember when I 1st noticed that I was thinning back in 2006, my hair was still so thick that when I did a comb-over no one would've thought I'm balding. Ooh how I'd wish to have even that amount of hair left.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm not a pure crown thinner, unfortunately. If you look at the December pic on page 1, where my hair was about half an inch, you can see the NW6 (or NW5A at best) pattern. It's just that my crown is very very thin, while the rest is just thin. Maybe I'm "lucky" that the crown is my biggest problem, but on the other hand, I didn't actually regrow anything during my 6 months on the big 3. Anyway, it doesn't matter much, since I got signs of gyno, and I don't want to sacrifice the rest of my body for my hair.

I buzzed my hair down (no guard) when starting the revivogen. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea since my scalp gets visibly stained. I don't want to do only evening applications and wash out in the morning, since I have possibly the worst family history on this site. I do consider swapping the morning Revivogen with something else, though, like prox-n (+ spironolactone maybe) or flutagel. But I don't feel 100% sure that I won't get sides from those, and it can be hard to tell, as long as I still have the sexual sides from finasteride. Hopefully they'll be gone soon.

I think I'm going to ditch the minoxidil. Too much of a pain in the *** to wash my hair/scalp and then apply topicals in the middle of the day.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score

ghg, I'm thankful for the fact that you came here to complain about your sides, . Apart from the fact that your hair loss continued, our experiences with finasteride seem similar. Your posts about gyno helped me realize that the risk simply isn't worth it. I may not have caught my hair loss early, but I did catch my gyno before it got too bad. I don't feel much ache in my chest anymore after quitting, even if the sexual sides still persist.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

Norsk said:
ghg, I'm thankful for the fact that you came here to complain about your sides, . Apart from the fact that your hair loss continued, our experiences with finasteride seem similar. Your posts about gyno helped me realize that the risk simply isn't worth it. I may not have caught my hair loss early, but I did catch my gyno before it got too bad. I don't feel much ache in my chest anymore after quitting, even if the sexual sides still persist.

No problem... good for you that you saw the light considering propecia sides. I wish I had when I started it.

Ian Curtis

Established Member
Reaction score

I think Im experiencing some watery sperm, maybe I should masturbate less :jackit:
We'll see how it ends up...

ps:How bout a smile Norsk?

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Norsk said:

Maybe its just a scandinavian thing :tongue:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

I did that about a year ago but got fed up 'cause it's so sad to comb over when you're in your mid-20's imo. I haven't really got enough hair even for a comb-over anymore though. I'm somewhat happy with buzzing but would really love to have the confidence to buzz it to #0. I remember when I 1st noticed that I was thinning back in 2006, my hair was still so thick that when I did a comb-over no one would've thought I'm balding. Ooh how I'd wish to have even that amount of hair left.I know it can seem difficult to go all the way down to 0 when you still have a considerable amount of hair left, like it's giving up. You may be pleasantly surprised though. Your hairline is still goin strong and even at 0, the stubble there will look good and the contrast between your thinning areas and your regular areas will be decreased. I myself need to buzz it at 0, but I am not yet ready for the razor. On a certain level it just feels better to have it shaved anyway, kinda liberating and 0 maintenance. Let's face it, hair can be a hassle sometimes.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah I will definitely try buzzing to #0 in the summer...

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score

I decided to quit Revivogen after a month, because it irritated my skin and switch to Proxiphen, which I had more faith in anyway. So I've been using a combo of Prox-n in the morning and Proxiphen in the evening for the last 2 months.

I grew my hair out a little, and took a bunch of new pics in daylight. I'm not sure how easy any comparison is, though, given different lengths, lighting and everything. Maybe I'll let it grow and post some more comparable pics later.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll238/tutt_tutt/

Obsidian

Reaction score
It doesn't look bad at that length.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Norsk, how do you like Proxiphen? I noticed Proctor changed the formula again. It seems different to me. Its more grainy which means I think he added more minoxidil or something. He changed his Nano shampoo too for the better. He made it thicker again which I like much better. Does Proctor recommend using Proxiphen and Proxiphen-N at the same time? I thought if you use Proxiphen then you do not need Proxiphen-N. How does Proxiphen-N go on cosmetically. Does it go on clean?

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel it's too early to tell much about how well it works for me. My hair is too short to compare with earlier right now. I have the impression I'm receding a bit further though :(
Both proxiphen and prox-n are very cosmetically acceptable, particurlarly prox-n.

By the way, sexual side effects are as strong as ever 3 months after quitting. Maybe it's time to join propeciahelp.

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I just added prox-n because I wanted to do something in the morning, and something in the evening. And I assumed prox-n was more compatible with proxiphen than other topicals (can't be bothered to wash my hair+scalp more than once a day). Maybe it's just overkill, though. What do you use?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Norsk, I use Revivogen still. Proxiphen. And I am trying Promox because everyone is raving about how good Promox works.