Norwegian Terrorist, Does He Have a Point to Make

Cassin

Reaction score
Lloyd Braun said:
I almost don't see how one could be a liberal and believe that at the same time. :shock:

:)
Naw lots of people think like that.

But for your comment....thats one of the problems we face in the modern world. Political labels are so cornered and over defined when talked about on the news.

I am a conservative to liberal depending on who you talk to.

Lloyd Braun

Established Member
Reaction score
cassin said:
Lloyd Braun said:
I almost don't see how one could be a liberal and believe that at the same time. :shock:

But for your comment....thats one of the problems we face in the modern world. Political labels are so cornered and over defined when talked about on the news.

I agree. If I were to only tell you select information about my opinions, you may get the impression that I am a liberal too. I'm an agnostic, I don't oppose same-sex marriage, and I think marijuana and prostitution should be legal. I guess I am more of a libertarian/conservative hybrid. I like guys like Bill O'Reilly because he is fair and not blinded by ideology.

Nene

Reaction score
Lloyd Braun said:
cassin said:
[quote="Lloyd Braun":2hhx4c3x]I almost don't see how one could be a liberal and believe that at the same time. :shock:

I agree. If I were to only tell you select information about my opinions, you may get the impression that I am a liberal too. I'm an agnostic, I don't oppose same-sex marriage, and I think marijuana and prostitution should be legal. I guess I am more of a libertarian/conservative hybrid. I like guys like Bill O'Reilly because he is fair and not blinded by ideology.[/quote:2hhx4c3x]

:puke:

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
virtuality said:
Out of the thousands that make it to the UK each year, show me how many of them start claiming the moment they set foot in your country. The answer is probably just a few special cases, 99% of them do not have the right to claim. It's only after they have been granted the right to stay that they can claim.

The number of people that get that right is not as high as you think it is. The EEA nationals do not count as immigrants.

And thats the whole point they are not counted as immagrants but they are economic migrants. And the moment they get here they are using services they have'nt paid a penny towards.
And as for the rest do you think they are left to starve on the streets? Of course not. And as their circumstances are seen as being more desperate they can jump the queues.
They all know that all they have to do is get to the UK if rejected they can appeal the whole process of application takes along time many are just lost in the system and by the time its sorted they can always argue their human rights that they are now settled here. Remember the case of the Afghan plane hijackers?
We all all know that the % of immigrants that actual get deported is ridiculously miniscule.

Legally speaking, EEA nationals have paid their taxes and they are entitled to almost the same rights as you. The statement "they haven't paid a penny" is legally a wrong statement. If you are in disagreement with the whole idea of mobility in the EU, than this would be a completely different issue.

As far as I know, in the UK you have a law that says any EEA national that has not paid taxes in the EEA for the last 3 years is not entitled to free services. Eg: if, as a Brit you work and pay taxes in the US, you'd lose some of your rights and a Pole working in the UK would have more rights than you because he pays EEA taxes.

As for the asylum seekers, they have absolutely no rights. They can't work, they can't claim, etc. They get some basic stuff to survive or are put in detention centers while they are in the UK and most of the applications are indeed rejected. Their numbers are not as high as you might believe, around 25,000-30,000 per year and only 30% get the right to stay in the UK, and if you look at the recent stats, it looks like 30% of them leave the country, that leaves about 10,000 who end up as illegals in the UK http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=261

The numbers quoted in the press as 500,000-1,000,000 are not the asylum seekers, those are the students overstaying their visas, tourists coming to the UK and ending up working illegally, etc. If you have an Aussie working at a pub near you, he/she might be one of them. Those people enter the country legally, but end up staying longer than they should. They should be deported but your government doesn't have a clue how many of them are in the country or where they are.

I find it strange that you don't have the ID system in place, and your government turns a blind eye to the illegals inside the country. Or, maybe they genuinely fill a labor gap and that's why they are overlooked.

Also, those illegals have absolutely no legal rights in the UK. If they get ill or something, they are screwed.

I don't know where you get the idea that "they come and start claiming".

misterpharmacist

Reaction score
saf's a twat brainwashed by the media whose same barons plunder this country by paying sh*t wages, not allowing workers to be organised and worst of all rampantly dodgng tax. The scale of tax dodging in Britain dwarves anything done by benefits 'cheats' yet they get away with it cos it's the powerful middle/upper classes.

Cassin

Reaction score
misterpharmacist said:
saf's a twat brainwashed by the media whose same barons plunder this country by paying sh*t wages, not allowing workers to be organised and worst of all rampantly dodgng tax. The scale of tax dodging in Britain dwarves anything done by benefits 'cheats' yet they get away with it cos it's the powerful middle/upper classes.

Settle down Internet warrior

Cassin

Reaction score
"Cassin Bill O'Reilly is the antichrist. You said you were agnostic, not a satanist lol!"

Whoa not me! I don't like Bill! He's an actor playing a role stirring sh*t up. That's his job and he does it very well.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
ps someone tell me how to quote properly? :dunno:

Click on the "quote" button on the lower-right corner of somebody's post, then type your own comments outside of that area.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I figured that bit out. I just don't know how to quote someone who is quoting someone else and seperate all the quotes properly, or how to quote a posting but break it down so I can respond to certain parts of the quote bit by bit and have it remain coherent. :dunno:

To do all that, you just have to be careful that you have the beginning and ending characters that are necessary to mark somebody else's text. For example, in YOUR particular case, I would copy the beginning one into the clipboard (I'm altering its spelling slightly by adding spaces near the start, so you can see what I'm doing): [q u o t e="monty1978"]. To mark the end of a section of your text to which I will then reply myself, I close it out by typing (again, without the spaces): [/ q u o t e]. See how it works? :)