Not wanting children

ali777

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Because they've seen their own mothers do it and it seems an easy option.

You are highlighting the problem yourself.... The problem isn't that they are genetically weak or anything, the problem is that they are born to a "lazy" culture. They need education and nurturing, but education starts at home. If a kid doesn't get his/her initial education at home, it doesn't matter how hard the state tries, those kids are more likely to fail.

However, there are people out there that thrive in that desperation and it makes them stronger and more successful as well.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:
You are highlighting the problem yourself.... The problem isn't that they are genetically weak or anything, the problem is that they are born to a "lazy" culture. They need education and nurturing, but education starts at home. If a kid doesn't get his/her initial education at home, it doesn't matter how hard the state tries, those kids are more likely to fail.

However, there are people out there that thrive in that desperation and it makes them stronger and more successful as well.

Thats what I'm saying some people (the Karen Matthews') are not fit to be parents. And society is almost encouraging them to reproduce whilst the more responsible and higher achieving couples who are better prepared to raise children to become decent citizens are the ones who are less likely to have kids.
Those who really want to better themselves will manage it eventually but they are few and far between.

CCS

Reaction score
epictetus said:
Has anyone here considered not having children due to not wanting to either have your children or grandchildren suffer the misery of going bald? I have this recurring nightmare of my offspring blaming me for passing on my defective hair genes.

"Thanks, now I'm bald because of you, a**hole!"

Of course, this presumes that I'll ever trick a woman into finding me attractive enough to mate with. Perhaps my concern is premature.

The only way that kid could come into existance is if you had sex. Another man's sperm will not make that same kid. I'm happy I'm here. I just want to improve my life. Hell yeah I'm going to have kids. The only reason I might addopt instead of having my own is because the world is over populated and there are kids out there that need loving homes right now. It would still be cool to have a kid that has my DNA and the DNA of the woman I love, though. Whether I addopt or not, I'm sure plenty of A-holes will still pump out many more kids they don't plan to care for, so I might as well just have my own and take a non-interventionist policy.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I definitely want to have children so I will work very hard to find a woman to have them with. If I reach the wrong side of 30 and I'm single then I will lower my standards considerably.

cuebald

Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
I definitely want to have children so I will work very hard to find a woman to have them with. If I reach the wrong side of 30 and I'm single then I will lower my standards considerably.

Agreed, I want to have at least 4 children - if I am still single I will lower my standards, as long as the woman is not very stupid

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
I have also had this reoccuring nightmare about not wanting to get kids. But thats not my concern now. My concern is to even get close to a woman now. I just imgagine woman feeling my smell och bad genes. Im weak and I know it. My attitude may be ridiculous for some of you, but not for a 20 y old guy.

ali777

Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:

cuebald said:
toocoolforhair said:

Agreed, I want to have at least 4 children - if I am still single I will lower my standards, as long as the woman is not very stupid

What the hell are you on about??? Life doesn't end at 30....

Have you never heard the expression "30 is the new 20"?

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:
What the hell are you on about??? Life doesn't end at 30....
I think he means he wants to be having kids by age 30 not when he's middle aged.

ali777 said:
Have you never heard the expression "30 is the new 20"?

I think CCS must have heard that one and took it literally.

BaldNative

Reaction score
epictetus said:
Has anyone here considered not having children due to not wanting to either have your children or grandchildren suffer the misery of going bald? I have this recurring nightmare of my offspring blaming me for passing on my defective hair genes.

"Thanks, now I'm bald because of you, a**hole!"

Of course, this presumes that I'll ever trick a woman into finding me attractive enough to mate with. Perhaps my concern is premature.

You shouldn't mate. Not because of the baldness gene. Because you shouldn't risk passing down that rotten attitude of yours.