Nothing pays off..

G

blondeguy said:
neo1234 said:
so you shouldnt try to get better things into your life like more hair, more money or more of whatever?

Those things are fleeting and unsatisfactory (dukkha). You should seek the things in life that yield true satisfaction.

you on the other hand seem to be fine with what you got. you dont try to get a better life. you are just happy with what you got.

You can be happy with what you have while trying for a better life. I just don't let meaningless distractions get in my way.

okay, thats a good attitude. maybe i got you wrong.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
We all need to look towards our futures! Where do you wanna be in 10 years time etc! Lets forget about this demon known as hairloss and lets focus on ourselves and our well being! We have so much to live for and I for one is gonna go out, have fun and enjoy my life! Whos with me?

IBM

Reaction score
I've social anxiety and i cant face people... even lunch with my bosses. I've afraid when there's some people together. I'm with the feeling that they are laughing at me. And all my money is to help ourselfs in paying our debts. So in other words i can spend in nothing. And nothing is NOTHING. No FUN. To make more chaos my hair sucks...

But i cant complain. There's other things worse like wars, hunger, etc... A lot of poor people would trade their place for mine with a lot LESS.

Aplunk, at least you manage to get friends, dates and girlfriends.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
IBM said:
But i cant complain. There's other things worse like wars, hunger, etc... A lot of poor people would trade their place for mine with a lot LESS.

Comparing, comparing, comparing..

It feeds the sick pigs who propagandize your situation with the same, mundane sh*t... "Well, think of all those..."

f*** them..

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah thats a good solution (for a few hours) :roll:

G

IBM said:
I've social anxiety and i cant face people... even lunch with my bosses. I've afraid when there's some people together. I'm with the feeling that they are laughing at me. And all my money is to help ourselfs in paying our debts. So in other words i can spend in nothing. And nothing is NOTHING. No FUN. To make more chaos my hair sucks...

you have the right to complain! but complain to yourself. you are responsilble for it. but dont think you dont deserve something better!

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Comparisons with people worse of than you are valid though. Sure your life isn't perfect, but allowing yourself to wallow in the negativity of failure, things you cant do or what is missing from your life is ultimately self destructive. A little perspective is a good thing and you should listen to people who preach this because ultimately you will never be happy unless you have a more positive mental attitude and realise that you are relatively blessed. You may hate it, but it is the truth.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234 said:
IBM said:

you have the right to complain! but complain to yourself. you are responsilble for it. but dont think you dont deserve something better!

Not true. Lottery of life my friend.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
aplunk, to you i say:

you should count yourself lucky you are not some poor beggar in a third world country.......then you really would have problems.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I suppose this begs the question, does the guy in the 3rd world have the same dreams and aspirations as us in the rich western society or are his ideals much less than ours.

G

gsxr60097 said:
neo1234 said:
IBM said:

Not true. Lottery of life my friend.

some things are lottery. its a philosophical question. i think if you get it down to the beginning of everything, its a true lottery. but whats in your mind matters! and you can change it. so you are responsible for it.
remind, the beginning of every success starts in mind. you can change many things - like hair. there are treatments. or at least you can change if you worry about it or not and how much it affects you.
at the end what you think is lottery too. but it can be changed, by the outside and by yourself in the inside.
if you think you arent responsible...then you are wrong. you arent responsible for what you are, but you are responsible for what you make out of it. and like the example with hair - you can change much.

Knendell

Established Member
Reaction score
neo1234,
I like that you have a good outlook on life but the reason you do is because of nature(lottery) and nurture(environment). There are many combinations that can equal a positive outlook if those two things are tossed around a bit. All I know is that some of the nature mishaps cannot be overcome (autism etc.). Its hard to even fathom what a life of chronic mental anguish is like for someone that has maybe at most had short episodes. Its all interperative by the individual. Just be thankful you are who you are.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the lateness of my reply, but I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out for you Aplunk.

What city job might you be getting if you don't mind me asking? Are you taking any meds for depression or ADD or seeing someone? They help me a lot despite the weight gain. Plus, I see a counselor at school bi-weekly that's been real good to talk to. Plus, I'm back into running down in the 210's now. I'm aiming to be below 200 pounds by the end of this year.

A lot of it for me is accepting the past hurts and mistakes, getting over them and moving on. It's hard, believe me but with perseverance you'll get through. I don't think about past loves or the wrong choice with college because I think better days are on the way.

Are you going to save up? I am. I hope to have at least 2 or 3K saved up before I'm done. I'd like to get some furniture for the apartment I'm going to get with a friend and we'll hopefully be roommates.

Just have to keep on going man.... You'll find your way someday.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
i wish i had a girlfriend that i like and she loved me.

IBM, don't you have friends and family that care about you? From reading your post it seems like your looking for someone to love you rather than just a girlfriend! My advice is to just look at the people around you and talk to them when your are down. Also, girls ain't gonna be interested in insecure guys. The best of luck to you!

IBM

Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
IBM said:
i wish i had a girlfriend that i like and she loved me.

IBM, don't you have friends and family that care about you? From reading your post it seems like your looking for someone to love you rather than just a girlfriend! My advice is to just look at the people around you and talk to them when your are down. Also, girls ain't gonna be interested in insecure guys. The best of luck to you!

I have only family. A man always expect love from a women besides his mother.