Off Topic: Lying On My Resume. Forced Into It.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
A study done here in Ireland showed that you're more likely to get a job with an Irish name.

Definitely in some industries females will be preferred. For example, where I work (all electrical engineers), they are desperately trying to hire females. There are 30 of us, 2 women, one is in marketing the other is the accountant. Not a single female electrical engineer and I can guarantee that the CEO is desperately trying to find some.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The truth is in the middle here.

Some companies get wet over hiring minorities and women and love to talk about how diverse they are.

Some companies will discriminate against minorities because they don't find them reliable or they would be scared that they would pull out the 'you're giving me a bad review because you're all racists! I'm going to a human rights organization!'

I've been discriminated against because I was a man, interviewed against women who didn't have half my skills, some of them even only had a high school degree. But still, one of them got the job, they'll take the young cute girl over the competent man.

I once saw a female job market expert say: "On the job market, women only compete with themselves." Almost everyone I know will confirm this, except a few women who lack self-awareness.

Positive and negative discrimination are both a reality. I've talked to freelance recruiters who have told me that some companies specify on the phone "no Arabs, no blacks!". And then you'll have the company who will promote diversity and discriminate against white men.

Im sorry to me OP is the same as the 'safe-space' assholes just the flip (wannabe) alpha side of same bullshit to me.

I think there is a pussification going on with younger people and its very sad.

I cant find a job in USA because i am a white male and all the sl*ts and minorities are taking over.
Give me a break please. (hello! is this Rick back as another poster)

everyone is looking outside themselves for the problem.
Okay good luck with this.

He's a f*****g sales person who cant find the angle to sell or market himself.
Think about it.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sorry to me OP is the same as the 'safe-space' assholes just the flip (wannabe) alpha side of same bullshit to me.

I think there is a pussification going on with younger people and its very sad.

I cant find a job in USA because i am a white male and all the sl*ts and minorities are taking over.
Give me a break please. (hello! is this Rick back as another poster)

everyone is looking outside themselves for the problem.
Okay good luck with this.

He's a f*****g sales person who cant find the angle to sell or market himself.
Think about it.

Victimization and outrage culture.

People love to be outraged. People love to be the victim.

Meninists are growing, maybe they'll one day rival feminists in their ridiculousness.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience, finding a job has almost nothing to do with the ability to market oneself.

That's what people want to believe after they've found and job, that they got it because they could present themselves so well, because they were so smooth at the interview, because they are so smart! They believe this because it feeds their ego.

When I was struggling to find a job, everyone was coming up with their own explanation:

- It's because you can't market yourself!
- It's because you're not confident enough.
- It's because you're not able to say the right things at the right time during interviews!
- It's because you studied communication, you should go back to university and get a real degree! (Yeah would only take 3 to 5 years, easy!)

^ All the above was complete BS. I was able to identify my problem in a matter of weeks: not being able to speak one of our national languages properly. A lot of people laughed at me for trying to improve my Dutch: "You're going to speak Dutch? You? That won't change anything, they'd rather hire a native speaker. You should do [one or several of the above] really, why are you so stubborn? It's pointless!"

After a few months of immersion and working on my Dutch like a madman, I went from 5 interviews a month to 5 interviews a week, all of a sudden, companies were offering me jobs, to the point that I got more offers that I could handle.

The reason you gave here is one of the go-to reason that you give to people struggling to find to make them feel even worse about their situation and to make themselves feel better in the process. "I could do this you see, but you can't!"

"It's because you're a moron you see! You can't sell yourself!" I've compared this with people telling ugly people that they should be more confident and kind with women.

I'm glad I could always see through the BS, whether it was with women or on the job market.

What OP is saying has some validity, but it's a very, very small factor in my opinion. Positive discrimination alone is not what's preventing him from finding a job.

I have had to put crews together many times. i would say 20 years times 3 projects on average a year...putting together departments of 7 to 20 people depending how big...it's a lot of interviewing.

People can in deed sell themselves.

I guess it depends on the type of job and industry for sure.

A lot of my industry is definitely skill but a lot of it is also temperament and hustle. You cant put that in a resume its either reputation or how you present yourself.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Victimization and outrage culture.

People love to be outraged. People love to be the victim.

Meninists are growing, maybe they'll one day rival feminists in their ridiculousness.

This...its there already in my opinion.