Omega 3s improve mood/helps prevent and fight depression

Trebor

Reaction score
Can you guys list what products you are actually taking?

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't stand fish oil, so I force myself to take 1 tbsp of flax oil. It's considered an alternative for your omega 3 source if you can't stand fishy capsules. I also heard that liquid is better than capsules in absorption. I get mine in a bottle in the healthfood in a refrigerator.

I'm currently weaning myself off of Effexor that I've been on for years. I've bumped up my vitamins and iron and with this oil, so far I don't feel I'm sinking back into depression. It's been a week, so we'll see. Sometimes I think prescription drugs are handed out too easily, that you can possibly find even better help with foods and supplements rather than things like Effexor- at least I hope!

MrSuccessful

Reaction score
Not to stray off in another direction here, vitamins & herbs are great boosters to help with depression.

But there are many other tools you can use like hypnosis. I purchased a self help cd from a website online and listen to it almost every night while drifting off to sleep. You won't see a change overnight but gradually your thought processes will change and help you to be the man you want to be!

Just another tool to add to the arsenal...

The Gardener

Reaction score
Trebor said:
I take:
Omega 3
GLA (Borage Oil)
CLA
ALA
Acetyl L-Carnitine
CoQ10
L-Glutamine
Milk Thistle
and a high end Multivitamin

I spend a bit more money and get a high end Omega 3 oil that is distilled to get rid of the mercury.

liquidfirex

Reaction score
Fish oil is THE best supplement for mood and general mind clarity. THis coming from the guy who dabbles in nootropics :p

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I actually had a bad reaction to fish oil pills. I was taking about 2400-3600 mg a day or 2-3 pills and my LDLs went up from 130(normal) to 180 and no one could understand it. I think everything in moderation but when do we know that???

truetobe

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Trebor said:
I take:
Omega 3
GLA (Borage Oil)
CLA
ALA
Acetyl L-Carnitine
CoQ10
L-Glutamine
Milk Thistle
and a high end Multivitamin

I spend a bit more money and get a high end Omega 3 oil that is distilled to get rid of the mercury.

looks good.
I would write down what I take but dont have an hourl....

:roll:

Sean68

Reaction score
just to say i do feel in a better mood since i started taking it a few weeks ago as well.