Online consultation results from Dr.Wong

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
I just received an email on my photographs I sent to Hasson&Wong in Vancouver, Canada. They estimate between 1500-2000 grafts are needed to achieve a nice hairline on me @ 5 dollars a graft. Dr.Wong was even nice enough to photo chop a side shot of my temple to show what he has in mind. Here it is...

What do you think guys? It will cost me between 7500-10000 canadian dollars, I have heard nothing but good things about this office, and some of the results are staggeringly amazing. I'm 25 now, and although I guess that is "young" for a hair transplant, if I could get 5 years out of having the hairline in this picture, I would be one happy man. Plus they are very close by.. I know Dr.Feller is very very awesome too, but this place is very close to me personally. I'm really considering it.... I can afford it if I sell one of my two cars, which I was planning on doing anyways, but using the money to go on vacation... but this almost would be a vacation from myself! :D

me-1.jpg

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'd put that money into the bank (maybe a Switz one, considering the U.S. economy).

Your hair looks good right now. I'd hold off.

And yes, Hasson and Wong are the tops.

Edit: Switz/Sweden... Always confuse 'em.

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind this is the edited photo, my hair is not going to be at the line. He has already drawn in where he wants to put the hair using photoshop, my hairline is much higher.

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
wtf dude. don't get it yet. what if your hair keeps receding and goes past the grafted area? what then? its gonna look weird. your hair is definitely perfectly fine right now. you do that for 7500-10000 bucks you are not a smart man.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
StrangeKarma said:
Keep in mind this is the edited photo, my hair is not going to be at the line. He has already drawn in where he wants to put the hair using photoshop, my hairline is much higher.

Well show us the non edited pic?

I would love for you to get it done, so you can be my guinea pig and I can follow your results, because I want to do the exact same thing :devil:

G

IMHO, you should be more concerned about taking a medicinal approach at this point. Remember, once you start surgery, you're commited to future procedures because male pattern baldness is progressive and you may even experience some shock in the area, you don't know. What you do know for sure is that you have lots of natural hair in pretty good condition and you're not a diffused thinner. You have lots of hair to save which really is the bigger more critical issue for you.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
gillenator said:
IMHO, you should be more concerned about taking a medicinal approach at this point. Remember, once you start surgery, you're commited to future procedures because male pattern baldness is progressive and you may even experience some shock in the area, you don't know. What you do know for sure is that you have lots of natural hair in pretty good condition and you're not a diffused thinner. You have lots of hair to save which really is the bigger more critical issue for you.

What if you have ridiculously slow moving male pattern baldness? Do those guys have to get follow up procedures?

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
gillenator said:

What if you have ridiculously slow moving male pattern baldness? Do those guys have to get follow up procedures?

Well that's the thing, I do have slow moving male pattern baldness, I have not had a Norwood since I was 17, I'm nearly 25 now, and when I turned 24 things started to get a bit worse, I got on the big three and saved my hair. I'm not wanting to "patch the damage" so to speak....

Here is the original pic, I used a marker in my consultation with Dr.Wong to show him what I wanted... He said it was too aggressive and suggested a new hairline (which is the line in the photo i found out)..

marker2.jpg

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I really cant see the difference between the marker pen pic and the line pic in terms of the region highlighted for transplantation, it looks to be basically the same area :dunno:

Honestly I think you should wait 2-3 more years until your closer to 30. If you can make it to say 28 with basically the same level of reccession I think you will be safe to go ahead with the transplant.

Have you tried foam for your hairline?

StrangeKarma

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I really cant see the difference between the marker pen pic and the line pic in terms of the region highlighted for transplantation, it looks to be basically the same area :dunno:

I think it's a little higher.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Do you think 1500-2000 grafts seems a little excessive? I mean its not a big area to transplant into, so you must be going for density right? Because I heard you can only transplant 700 grafts at a time via the FUE route. And you definately dont want to go the strip route especially when you have such a minor hairloss. So that means you will need more than one session?

I think you should try an online consultation with Armani as well. Let us know what he says :devil:

G

are you getting fue or strip?I agree with metalhead ,It doesnt look like you need that many grafts.

IBM

Reaction score
Never understood why these hairy baldies want to have an hair transplant. What if suddenly the hair starts to fall at fast rate?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
IBM said:
Never understood why these hairy baldies want to have an hair transplant. What if suddenly the hair starts to fall at fast rate?

Because once you lose hair around your hairline its almost impossible to style your hair, you may as well have no hair or just shave it. It also makes you look much older before your time.

Women do not like receading hairlines. (in fact no one does) a good hairline is a sign of youth and vitality.

IBM

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
IBM said:

Because once you lose hair around your hairline its almost impossible to style your hair, you may as well have no hair or just shave it. It also makes you look much older before your time.

Women do not like receading hairlines. (in fact no one does) a good hairline is a sign of youth and vitality.

But you have to agree that a tuff looks much worse than completely bald. What i fear most of hair transplant is the tuff look that we may get after 10 years or more.

G

Remember, just because the rate of male pattern baldness progression has been slow, that's NOT AN INDICATION nor any guarantee that it will continue that way. Read enough on the forums in the medicinal categories and you'll see guys posting how OUT OF NOWHERE their hairloss went into high gear. The rate of progression is UNPREDICTABLE. :shock:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I do fear this sudden acceleration thing as well, ive seen it happen it before when someones hairloss has been dormant for 10 years. Then suddenly..WHAM!

Hey Gilantor, I hear everyone saying Hair transplants are permenant. But lets suppose for arguments sake one of these young guys gets 1000 grafts to his hairline at a young age and he starts to bald behind it at an alarming rate but he does not have the money or want to proceed with anymore transplants cant you just pluck these transplanted hairs out? Or use laser hairloss removal to kill the follicle so you dont look so weird or so you can at leat revert back to where you were prior to the hair transplant? :dunno:

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
Remember, just because the rate of male pattern baldness progression has been slow, that's NOT AN INDICATION nor any guarantee that it will continue that way. Read enough on the forums in the medicinal categories and you'll see guys posting how OUT OF NOWHERE their hairloss went into high gear. The rate of progression is UNPREDICTABLE. :shock:

I can attest to a rapid loss. I mean I went from thinning in the crown and slight receding hairlines to a full blown Norwood 6 in less than 2 years.