Opinion

carllliw

Reaction score
I've been on propecia (1mg/day) for ~ 3 months and have had my hair loss speed up substantially during this time. Prior to starting, you really couldn't see much scalp at all on the crown, and I also feel that my hairline has thinned. With my real concern being the crown, I am wondering is it is possible to fully regrow this exposed area through the continued use of propecia alone? I've tried to use the most harsh light possible in the picture attached, as it does not look as bad during everyday life. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 159

TinTon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If that's a really harsh light then that could be a normal crown as some people just have naturally fine hair strands that look more transperent under harsh lighting when compared with those who have naturally thicker hair strands.

Take a photo under normal daylight or normal indoor light and compare.

g.i joey

Reaction score
^ not true. The only thing thay could be deceiving on a full head, that may look like balding Is a hair swirl. Noone has thinner hairs there unless they have some degree of male pattern baldness

Kasaii

Reaction score
I've been on propecia (1mg/day) for ~ 3 months and have had my hair loss speed up substantially during this time. Prior to starting, you really couldn't see much scalp at all on the crown, and I also feel that my hairline has thinned. With my real concern being the crown, I am wondering is it is possible to fully regrow this exposed area through the continued use of propecia alone? I've tried to use the most harsh light possible in the picture attached, as it does not look as bad during everyday life. Thanks.

how r u having hair loss despite being on propecia?Do u use monodoxil too?

carllliw

Reaction score
@tinton I am definitely losing some hair.
@kasaii not monoxidil only propecia.

What concerns me is that the loss has noticeably picked up since starting propecia. I was under the impression any sort of "shedding periods" only occurred with minoxidil. Has anyone had this sort of experience with propecia and did things turn around for the better?

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
You shed on propecia using the first 6 months. Shed weaker hairs to regrow healthy hair.

garyhary

Established Member
Reaction score
^ not true. The only thing
thay could be deceiving on a full head, that may look like balding Is a hair swirl. Noone has thinner hairs there unless they have some degree of male pattern baldness

That is true. Thin hair is some evidence for thinning (male pattern baldness). You do not have thin hair by birth and not have some degree of male pattern baldness. The other way around, if you had thick hair you could still have male pattern baldness.

The image you provided is not too good to judge how thing s are going for you.