Oral Spironolactone works

IBM

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm taking 50 mg of oral spironolactone since one month ago. My hair temples have thickened a lot. Though i lost lots of hair because of flaking as you all know spironolactone is a potent anti-androgen.

50 mg is really low for medium-time effectiveness (6 months). More than 50 mg is really dangerous. But for those who want hair at all costs my advice is to take spironolactone with Finasteride (or Dutasteride).

G

yes, spironolactone works...in growing tits. im absolutley against taking it, IBM. if you dont get sides then congrats...but just for hair , i think its way too risky.

though, in your case...its tough to decide since you are sucidial (is that right?), so i dont try to make a judgement.

you really take great risks. i hope it makes your life better.

even finasteride is for me questionable.

but whatever, you decide it...so best of luck. and congrats to your fast success.

Cassin

Reaction score
Oral Spironolactone is incredibly dangerous.

Spironolactone has caused tumors in laboratory animals. Talk to your doctor about the risks and benefits of using this medication for your condition.

What side effects can this medication cause?

Spironolactone may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

* vomiting
* diarrhea
* stomach pain or cramps
* dry mouth
* thirst
* dizziness
* unsteadiness
* headache
* enlarged or painful breasts in men or women
* irregular menstrual periods
* vaginal bleeding in post-menopausal ('after the change of life', the end of monthly menstrual periods) women
* difficulty maintaining or achieving an erection
* deepening of voice
* increased hair growth on parts of the body
* drowsiness
* tiredness
* restlessness

If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

* muscle weakness, pain, or cramps
* pain, burning, numbness, or tingling in the hands or feet
* inability to move arms or legs
* changes in heartbeat
* confusion
* nausea
* extreme tiredness
* unusual bleeding or bruising
* lack of energy
* loss of appetite
* pain in the upper right part of the stomach
* yellowing of the skin or eyes
* fever, sore throat, cough, chills, and other signs of infection
* flu-like symptoms
* cold, gray skin
* rash
* hives
* itching
* difficulty breathing or swallowing
* vomiting blood
* blood in stools
* decreased urination
* blurred vision
* fainting

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drug ... 82627.html

pinkfloyd7

Established Member
Reaction score
wwwow do those side effects go along with topical spironolactone too ??????? even lee's

beaner

Reaction score
pinkfloyd7 said:
wwwow do those side effects go along with topical spironolactone too ??????? even lee's

no

beaner

Reaction score
Cassin said:
beaner said:
pinkfloyd7 said:

no

Oral spironolactone vs topical are not even in the same ball park. I wouldn't even look at a pill.

Me either. I think oral spironolactone is crazy. There is definitely too much of a risk of feminizing side effects in men, not to mention that very long list you posted above.

Cassin

Reaction score
I don't understand the trade off some people make for hair.

At some point you just need to grab some clippers and say to yourself you did everything possible within reason and its time to move on.

Every time I go by a store that sells clippers I think about it.

beaner

Reaction score
Cassin said:
I don't understand the trade off some people make for hair.

At some point you just need to grab some clippers and say to yourself you did everything possible within reason and its time to move on.

Every time I go by a store that sells clippers I think about it.

You should buy 'em anyway. I've been giving myself hair cuts for the past year. It's easy once you get the hang of it, and saves me 20 bucks a pop.

Cassin

Reaction score
My head is close to shaved now. 2 guard on the sides and back, half an inch on top. My gal is scared of making a mistake and I don't want to do it myself.

When its time to say good bye to treatments I will buy a high dollar pair and do it myself when its time to do a 1 guard all around and put my silly vanity to rest. A part of me is looking forward to it.

Today I bought a new pair of sunglasses, I was looking at myself in the mirror trying to envision a bald head and I just didn't want to deal with this mess anymore.

lose a bit more weight, spray tan (I don't naturally tan well), shave the head down more and move on.

beaner

Reaction score
Cassin said:
lose a bit more weight, spray tan (I don't naturally tan well), shave the head down more and move on.

Do you have a spray tan you can recommend? I do tan well in the sun, but over the last year it seems that my face looks like sh*t from overexposure, not to mention it isn't healthy.

Cassin

Reaction score
Sorry no. There is a place by my house that has a 10 tans for $100 special going right now. I am going to sign up for it tomorrow. Its one of those booth tans.

what have I become? :shock:

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Sorry no. There is a place by my house that has a 10 tans for $100 special going right now. I am going to sign up for it tomorrow. Its one of those booth tans.

Cassin...how has your hair been since you started finasteride back in 03?? Have you maintained most of it?

Cassin

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
Cassin said:

Cassin...how has your hair been since you started finasteride back in 03?? Have you maintained most of it?

I have maintained every single hair that I have kept since using finasteride. My hair has thicken and I regrew some as well. Keep in mind I also use CP's and Rogaine.

IBM

Reaction score
pologuy514 said:
IBM do you have pics of your success? Congrats man.

I would need a camera to focus really close on my temples to see the tiny hair.

IBM

Reaction score
And so WHAT? What is your experience to say that Spironolactone is dangerous? Loosing our hair is not also dangerous?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
And so WHAT? What is your experience to say that Spironolactone is dangerous? Loosing our hair is not also dangerous?

No, losing hair is not dangerous.