Ori's Story -(27 /w pics w/o a regimen :) )

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont know why i made this thread since i dont use anything to stop my hair loss progression, im not planning to either, ill try to keep a follow on my hairloss here so in a few years we will see if im a good candidate for an hair transplant.

im 27yo, start losing at 18-19, back then the doctor who checked me said (and i remember this perfectly) "if you dont have atleast 100 hairs on your pillow each morning then your not balding" i wish id make a bet with him that if was balding i get to burn his diploma...
at 22 i went on rogain which almost send me to the hospital due to sides, so i got on propecia, but when i started losing the morning erections i went online to read more fun facts about the drug and found out that propecia could cause gyno, impotence and you have to be on the pill for the rest of your life and it wont stop an aggresive male pattern baldness such as mine it will only slow it down, now dont get me wrong, if your on the drug and it helps you then good for you, imo tho there is no way i risk my libido, grow tits, risk losing erections, see minimal if at all improvement and pay top dollar for, idk but that equation doesnt work for me :)

i believe working on an healthy body and a mindset, studying hard and trying to focus on other things is the only solution for me at this point, building multiple positive anchors that i have control over...i have my downs tho every now and then, we all know its not easy going throw life without a partner, this is the only aspect in my life i've yet to solve, but since my ex, i promised myself that in that area im not going to compromise since i see myself as a long relationship material, so not compromising + going bald sometimes means alot of this :jackit: and this :sobbing: lol i know it will worth it.

i digress tho, recently i've decided to buzz my head, i removed the head of the machine so i guess its no 0 (??) , i look like crap but there is nothing i can do, im a student and cant afford a hair transplant and cant be bothered with wearing wigs right now. but a hair transplant is definitely one on the horizon for me, 4 to 5 years from now unless they come up with a decent cure.

before shaving:
image 1
image 2

after shaving:
image 4
image 5

im not sure what Norwood im at, i guess Norwood 3 maybe higher? ... the front is gone, the sides and back are thick, the crown is okish, if it keeps falling in that pattern and stop soon then i might be a good candidate for hair transplant i assume.. anyways thats it for now, sorry for crapy quality, these were taken with my phone camera.

Sebastien

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I really think you rock that bald look man. You have got well defined facial features (jawline etc) + good facial hair. If I were you I'd let the hair aspect go and focus on clothing and your body.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey Sebastien, thank you for the feedback i appreciate it :)

yes, staying in shape is one of my goals right now with the little time that i have, i run alot and i this what keeps me mm.."cheerfull" during the week i guess lol, recomand it to everyone, not only because it fun it also boost your mood and your overall health. (if it could also grow hair id be running tens of miles each day :p)

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
the best would always be propecia to stop any loss. if u cant use propecia i suggest revivogen, spironolactone and nizoral. that should be able to keep ur hair and there are ZERO side effects.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've never heard of spironolactone and revivogen, what are these and where can i get a hold of them?
im not sure ill be using anything anytime soon, first im a poor student second, the front is already gone so no need to bother with it anymore, if im lucky enough it will stop wher eit is, if not ill get a hair transplant when i finish school just to give the illusion of a hairline when ill buzz it down to no1 - 0 .. i think creating a hairline with fue can make a huge diffrence on ones looks. ther is no real need to do a complete head with fue as is it if you can shave and get your face framed.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can get them from the shop section at hairlosstalk.

Anyway I just wanted to say your face has what it takes to pull of the bald look as you've got a really solid head shape and the facial features to pull it off.

I feel the buzzed cut suits you better than shaving it off completely.

RSR38

Established Member
Reaction score
You look great, man. Very defined features and symmetrical. Honestly, you are much better off with your head shape than many, many balding guys!

Reaction score
I wouldn't even bother with treatments. You are already very receded, and you look awesome with a buzz cut and facial hair anyways. Your hair is dark, and you look pretty manly, which means that the close cropped hair suits you (in the Jason Statham sort of way). No homo. Just shave and live life, bro.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys ! this forum is very supportive it helps alot, ill stick with the shaved head for a while, i never wanted great hair (it could be nice to have tho) but just a hairline to frame my face, like Tiger's Bald Spot said, its too late for treatments, the front is far gone sadly.

im thinking is there anything i can do/put on my head to avoid the shinning effect? im afraid i cant go out in the sun like this lol

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You honestly look better shaved mate that the before pictures. I know we will all look better with a nw1 though. You look good man.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
person said:
You honestly look better shaved mate that the before pictures. I know we will all look better with a nw1 though. You look good man.

thanks person!
tho i believe once the front is completely dead, then ill have a real issue here :/ hopefully by the time this will happen there will be something to imitate a natural looking hairline via fue or something...

GeminiX

Reaction score
You definitely pull off the shaved look (and all three of my female friends who are here right now agree).

One comment was "Tough looking but not aggressive" and another was "Is he single?"; I would say that's quite a positive result!

Hope that helps :)

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:) GeminiX thanks for the ego boost!

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was an extreme reaction, i had my cheeks swollen and funny feeling in my heart (like rushes of blood in and out... cant quite explain it in words :\ ) i thought i caught the flu, extreme headaches... i was a mess...

i've been on propecia for about 6 months at 24yo, it had very little effect on my hair, i've lost morning erections, had "watery" sperm and some weird kinda ache behind my d*ck... that was enough to stop with Propecia too :dunno:

+ i kinda like the shaved look, im considering getting FUE in the frontal area just to to lower the hair-line and shave to frame my face, sadly i hear FUE also cause scars so im still waiting on a solution to present itself.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Darn Ori83, you do pull off the Jason Stetham look very well. Congrats on the great facial structure.

Methinks you would look awesome in a suit.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey, thanks Captain! :)

(id try a suit but i think it will add me couple years, and i look older for my age as it is, thanks for the advice tho, i appreciate it m8 :pint: )

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I think you'd look better without the beard.

As you dont have a horseshoe, I think the ideal look might be close cropped hair (like in your before pics), and NO BEARD.

With your facial structure, the beard kind of makes you look a like young xenophobic hoodlum :whistle:

gunmaster

Reaction score
Well I think you should give finasteride and min another go and maybe nizoral. despite ur issues sides tend to come and go. A decrease in morning wood isn't the end of the world.