Petchsky's H/T Blog, (UPDATED)

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hi All,

Let me know what you think, as i'm due to see Dr Feller on 26th January 2008 for 1800 - 2000 grafts on the hairline (zone 1), yet to be discussed with the Dr, but i'm thinking about possibly putting some grafts on the crown....

I think i'm a NW2.5, but could be a 3 or a 3A, hard to say with my pattern of hair loss. The photos do make it look quite bad and i normally use a concealer as well. I've added some older photos as well from 2004 but i don't think things have changed.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Petchsky's photos, opinions welcome

fromchicago said:
you can see them -- when you get the forbidden message just refresh the browser.

that doesnt work either

//EDIT: Worked with IE 7...damn computers:p

I would say to lower a bit your hairline (not something aggressive) and perhaps add some density to the crown, but only if it is bothering you a lot since it is not THAT thin.

3000 grafts max for the whole procedure. Save some for future loss and definately stay on meds!

s.a.f

Reaction score

Its a shame that you cant just get a slight improvement from treatmants that would save you from having to resort to surgery.
I'll just second what sphlanx said 2-3000.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

can you refresh us on what treatments you've had and their duration so far?

Petchsky

Reaction score

Basically, the big 3 for 6 plus years, which has maintained what i have. Also i will be 28 by the time of the surgery.

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

did you have any regrowth in the beginning? is your maintenance beginning to lose ground?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Re: Petchsky's photos, (updated)

I did get some regrowth, but it was mainly getting some of the hair back that i lost just before getting on treatments. I'm not losing ground, just sick of having to brush my hair forward to form a hairline. I'd be a NW4 by now if i had not took action...

fromchicago

Established Member
Reaction score

good luck -- you deserve it, you bring a positive light to this board and it's much appreciated.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Cheers blud!

having loads of problems with these damn pics, do any of these links that i keep posting work?.

If not try this one,

Can you tell that computers drive me up the wall :firing:

Petchsky

Reaction score

Deleted photos...

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hi Petchsky

If you are maintaining then a hair transplant may be the way to go, your hairline looks quite similar to mine pre-hair transplant, I wouldn't come too low but perhaps just rebuild the hairline about 1cm from your furthest point and around the temples, 3000 grafts?

As for your crown perhaps s.a.f could guestimate how many grafts you would need there.

This is the problem with not having spex, bspot or gillenator here, they would know from experience your best course of action in terms of hair transplant.

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score

Dude your hair line is exactly the same as mine! Did you maintain for the whole six years everything or had slight hair loss over that time? How much is the transplant going to se you back? I read you use concealers too? I considered using Nanogen to conceal but havn't got round to trying it yet.

Your hair loss in my opinion isn't that bad, (although i'm your in my postion so i could be biased)

The thing with the transplant is, for me, i'd want to vanish for a few months after i'd have it done and let it heal and grow back, i don't think i could go public after the op.

Petchsky

Reaction score

That it is lucky...it's the hairline i care more about as it frames the face, i don't want to go to low, i'm happy to have a mature hairline.

Jack23...from what i can discern i've not lost anything, maybe a few vellus hairs that never went terminal, but i have maintained rather well. Unfortunately, when i came out of denial about my hairloss i didn't take any photos of my hair at its worst, as i just didn't want to see it, or deal with the fact that it may be worse than i thought, wish i had though.

The transplant will set me back about 5 grand, and the hardest thing about getting a transplant i think, is other people's reactions, and the downtime...but i'm not going to not have a transplant because of what people may say, i'm doing it for myself.

Give Nanogen a go, it's good stuff, easier to apply than dermatch, which to me is like make up.

s.a.f

Reaction score

Petchsky said:
and the hardest thing about getting a transplant i think, is other people's reactions, and the downtime...but i'm not going to not have a transplant because of what people may say, i'm doing it for myself.

Are you planning on telling people? It wont be too bad just hide away for a week or 2 until all the evidence has healed up and remember the new growth comes along slowly for people like yourself who still have a fair amount of hair the transformation is not very noticible your hair will just seem to slowly improve over 12months.

Petchsky

Reaction score

Sounds good to me saf. Not planning on telling anyone, and i'm going to stay in New York for 10-11 days to keep out of the way, and also get my staples taken out at the clinic, don't fancy doing it myself... Does taking MSM help speed things up? will it make the transplanted hairs grow quicker?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Petchsky said:
Sounds good to me saf. Not planning on telling anyone, and i'm going to stay in New York for 10-11 days to keep out of the way, and also get my staples taken out at the clinic, don't fancy doing it myself... Does taking MSM help speed things up? will it make the transplanted hairs grow quicker?

goodluck with the hair transplant..

I take MSM and my hair grows very very fast... also you will notice that you are cutting your nails every week...

might want to start taking msm now so it "kicked in" by the time you get a hair transplant

also remember to take lots of vit c as it helps msm work!

Cassin

Reaction score

Petchsky said:

Don't most use copper peptides after a hair transplant?

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Aloe vera gel helped to reduce the redness, MSM makes you hair and nails grow faster.