sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor oil is 90% ricinoleic acid so I can't see a difference

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One person on this forum mentioned that he had used ricinoleic acid and said that he could improve his hair overnight, but this would not make me happy, because this substance is the same as PGE2, however, too high PGE2 will increase your risk of cancer. If ricinoleic acid is an agonist, he may also be at risk

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then castor oil should be risky since it’s nearly pure ricinoleic acid, it’s taken orally and may contain ricin which is deadly.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can search something about it .
And you will know it

Some folks on this forum pull strange information right out of their ***. They see the word acid and make up their own conclusions. Annoying!

"Overall, however, the clinical experience suggests that sensitization reactions are seen infrequently. In the absence of inhalation toxicity data on these ingredients, the Panel determined that these ingredients can be used safely in aerosolized cosmetic products because the particle sizes produced are not respirable. Overall, the CIR Expert Panel concluded that these cosmetic ingredients are safe in the practices of use and concentrations as described in this safety assessment."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18080873/

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
One person on this forum mentioned that he had used ricinoleic acid and said that he could improve his hair overnight, but this would not make me happy, because this substance is the same as PGE2, however, too high PGE2 will increase your risk of cancer. If ricinoleic acid is an agonist, he may also be at risk

I doubt anyone can improve their hair overnight. So stating this is like calling out their plain stupid or drunk while posting. For those repeating this crap I would also suggest them to look for evidences that Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the Eastern bunny are real. They may have better luck.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then castor oil should be risky since it’s nearly pure ricinoleic acid, it’s taken orally and may contain ricin which is deadly.

Castor seeds are still poisonous; some study says that a lethal dose of castor seeds for adults is about four to eight seeds. But the oil itself does not contain ricin; the ricin protein is left behind in the "castor bean mash" after the oil is extracted from the seed.

Someone is mixing "seeds" and "oil" and bam! We have a case of spreading FUD. If you want to be helpful by contributing, try getting the facts right before you post.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor seeds are still poisonous; some study says that a lethal dose of castor seeds for adults is about four to eight seeds. But the oil itself does not contain ricin; the ricin protein is left behind in the "castor bean mash" after the oil is extracted from the seed.

Someone is mixing "seeds" and "oil" and bam! We have a case of spreading FUD. If you want to be helpful by contributing, try getting the facts right before you post.

I said it may, not it will. Production quality is essential. That being said my point was to show how oral castor oil shouldn’t be any safer than topical ricinoleic acid.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Castor oil is 90% ricinoleic acid already, add that up to the possibly lethal impurities = not much safer than ricinoleic acid itself.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I said it may, not it will. Production quality is essential. That being said my point was to show how oral castor oil shouldn’t be any safer than topical ricinoleic acid.
If you are stupid enough for buying the cheapest crap on Amazon (hint the Amazon code usually starts with a B for 3rd party only) then you deserve to be bald. Period

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are stupid enough for buying the cheapest crap on Amazon (hint the Amazon code usually starts with a B for 3rd party only) then you deserve to be bald. Period

Thanks for proving my point. Have a hairy day.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously show me how topical 99%> ricinoleic acid can be more dangerous than oral castor oil?

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes you poop

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ricinoleic acid needs RICINOLEIN to decompose under the action of lipase in our intestines and stomach, which is not to say that ricinoleic acid is dangerous. Ricinoleic acid combines with other free ions in the intestines and stomach and transports to each cell. However, external use of ricinoleic acid may cause some irritation to the skin, especially if it cannot be taken orally. If it is taken orally accidentally, it needs to go to the hospital in time, and ricinoleic acid cannot be contacted To the eyes, this is the dangerous place of ricinoleic acid. If ricinoleic acid is put into the body, it is probably that ricinoleic acid can remove hydrogen ions. Just like the experiment of zinc ricinoleic acid on mice, the half lethal dose of zinc ricinoleic acid on mice is more than 9g / kg. After taking it for three months, there is no accumulation in the body, no change of body tissue, and no damage to the stomach and intestines of mice. Mice are safe. However, ricinoleic acid is dangerous if you take it locally or orally. It is my understanding that castor oil may be safe to take orally.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All fat will be hydrolyzed into fatty acids in the body, but those fatty acids can hardly be used externally because they are skin irritant and corrosive. It is relatively safe to take castor oil orally.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good sources are important, but it's not wise to be afraid of deadly impurities. Every manufacturer has a qualified test report. If you are really afraid, stop using castor oil. I have been taking castor oil for three days, three times a day, 3ml every time after meals. It really doesn't smell good.

killDHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt anyone can improve their hair overnight. So stating this is like calling out their plain stupid or drunk while posting. For those repeating this crap I would also suggest them to look for evidences that Santa Claus, the tooth fairy and the Eastern bunny are real. They may have better luck.
It's also possible for you to question. But what if his hair loss rating is particularly high? It's not hard to see improvement overnight. It's like he's a bald man, and he's putting ricinoleic acid or PGE2 on his scalp, which works. Thickening overnight is not difficult. So, please don't be too extreme

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not extreme but thickening hair overnight beside putting some oily solution that will create this effect is not realistic. That reminds me of The Ordinary folks who commented in a similar way. Placebo effect is very real amongst ourselves we want to believe so we see things in the best way.