PhytoCellTec Argan - anyone seen this?

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Mibelle Biochemistry has launched an active based on argan stem cells that was created to vitalize and protect dermal stem cells for an anti-aging effect on skin. PhytoCellTec Argan (INCI: Argania Spinosa Sprout Cell Extract (and) Isomalt (and) Lecithin (and) Sodium Benzoate (and) Water (aqua)) is said to fight wrinkles and loss of firmness.

According to the company, cutaneous tissues are subject to a continuous regeneration process and the ability of adult stem cells to self-renew and generate fast proliferating progenitor cells is imperative for tissue regeneration. These dermal stem cells were reportedly discovered in the papilla of the hair bulb and found to self-renew to induce the formation of hair follicles and migrate into the inter-follicular dermis. There, they proliferate and differentiate to fibroblasts, which regenerate the extracellular matrix.

In 2010, the company established an Sox2-positive human dermal papilla cell culture as a new test system designed to evaluate active ingredients for dermal stem cell vitalization. The established cell culture was found to effectively form sphere-like colonies and the cells in those spheres were found to be uniformly Sox2-labelled, thus representing real dermal stem cells. The company used this test to test the argan active and found it to enhance Sox2 expression and thus to improve â€￾stemness.â€￾ The number of secondary spheres was increased after treatment with the active. Consequently, the argan active reportedly is the first cosmetic active that is capable of both protecting and vitalizing human dermal stem cells.

The argan active, in turn, was found to vitalize and protect these dermal stem cells, enabling them to maintain their regenerating potential to reinforce youthfulness. The ingredient therefore is designed to accelerate the skin’s natural repair process.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
never heard of that but i'll check it out. the major thing with this is that it vitalizes the dermal cells where the hair bulb sits, rather than the epidermal. trying to get hold of some of this stuff, sent an email to the uk supplier earlier, hopefully i'll get a response!

Jacob

Reaction score
Results

The antiandrogen effect of the banjiro leaf extract (50% ethanol eluted fraction) was 44.5% at 1 ?g/mL. The cell viability was 110%. So, since the banjiro leaf extract was contained in up to 90% ethanol eluted fraction, the 50% ethanol eluted fraction has the antiandrogen effect.

Proliferative efficacy of hair follicle cells

Hair follicle cells (outer root sheath cells) are cells formed by differentiation of hair matrix cells at the upper dermal papilla. They become hair and grow by division, growth, and keratinisation. The growth of hair matrix cells and hair follicle cells decreases with the effects of the testosterone, stress, and nutrition disorders. If their growth decreases, the hair growth rate declines and hair becomes thinner, resulting in the development and progression of alopecia. The proliferative effect of the banjiro leaf extract on hair follicle cells was confirmed.

Methods

Hair follicle cells obtained from the back of a mouse were added to a medium containing sample solid compound 10 ?g/mL and cultured. After culture, the cell growth was measured by MTT assay.

Results

The banjiro leaf extract promoted cell growth by 132.6% compared to the control (100%).

Proliferative efficacy of hair dermal papilla cells

The growth rate of dermal papilla cells, which constitute the dermal papilla, declines with the effect of the testosterone, and the size of the dermal papilla is decreased. This results in thinner hair and the development and progression of alopecia. The proliferative effect of the banjiro leaf extract on dermal papilla cells was confirmed.

http://www.personalcaremagazine.com/Story.aspx?Story=7944

http://www.fuji-sangyo.co.jp/english/product/banjiro.html

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Seen that above article too.

That Guava leaf extract looks good! Wonder if it would have an effect taken orally as theres plenty of places to purchase it.

Jacob

Reaction score
I wonder if Elsom could obtain these things.....

Yet another plant stem cell: http://www.insidecosmeceuticals.com...stem-cells-neutralize-heavy-metal-damage.aspx

A new cosmetic cultured stem cell active ingredient—from Lycopersicon esculentum (tomato)—preserves nuclear DNA integrity from heavy metal damages by inducing genes responsible for DNA repair and protection, and neutralizes the effect of heavy metals on collagen degradation by inhibiting collagenase expression and inducing the synthesis of new collagen, according to a study published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science (May 24, 2011). Heavy metals can cause several genotoxic effects on cells, including oxidative stress, DNA sequence breakage and protein modification. Among the body organs, skin is certainly the most exposed to heavy metal stress and thus, the most damaged by the toxic effects that these chemicals cause. Moreover, heavy metals, in particular nickel, can induce the over-expression of collagenases (enzymes responsible for collagen degradation), leading to weakening of the skin extracellular matrix.

Plants have evolved sophisticated mechanisms to protect their cells from heavy metal toxicity, including the synthesis of metal chelating proteins and peptides, such as metallothioneins and phytochelatins (PC), which capture the metals and prevent the damages on the cellular structures. To protect human skin cells from heavy metal toxicity, Italian researchers developed a new cosmetic active ingredient from Lycopersicon esculentum (tomato) cultured stem cells. Besides its high content of antioxidant compounds, the new active contained PC and was effective in the protection of skin cells toward heavy metal toxicity.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Is that really gonna help dermal cells attacked by the effects of DHT? I dunno, it doesn't sound as convincing as the Argan or Guava.

Also, are you THE jacob who i've seen on the hairlossfight and regrowth forums? Have been reading up on Thymosin Beta-4 and your name kept cropping up on the threads I clicked on from Google search results! :D

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm more interested in the others as well..but the tomato one is still..interesting.

Not sure where ************ is but yeah..that's most likely me. I was the first to post about TB4......at Hairsite. It's been how many years :dunno: and there's still not a product from Lee's or the others and ppl are still talking about it :shock:

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
It starred out a weblink, my bad!

Been looking at a few of the Jan Marini products that have it in, but they also contain Tgf beta-1 which i didn't know was bad until someone posted on the same thread. Curcumin has been shown to inhibit TGF though.

Also, ActiStem made stuff for hair growth too right? I believe TB4 was their active ingredient too. Isn't on their site anymore so I emailed their sister company about the products this week and they forwarded me to tb4-7.com, all in Japanese though but i have emailed the contact there.

Also, one of Polaris Labs' minoxidils contain tb4 in. Emailed them almost a week ago about prices and how i'd go about purchasing but not heard anything yet.

Jacob

Reaction score
Yeah I posted about the Polaris product containing it...but no one seems to have tried it or even been able to get a hold of it yet.

tb4-7.com is a new one though! Online translation doesn't do much for that site...will be very interested to know what you find out.

I think someone posted that the ActiStem one got shut down because they didn't have the rights to use TB4 in a hair loss product..or something. I hope this Japanese company will be ok!

Jacob

Reaction score
Ok...I'll check out ************* a little later :laugh:

I'm assuming it's either Re growth or Hair loss fight.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Ok...I'll check out ************* a little later :laugh:

I'm assuming it's either Re growth or Hair loss fight.

haha f*** :( i meant stop male pattern baldness (but without the space)

Jacob

Reaction score
oh lol...I didn't even think of that place.

I don't know if you've looked into PQQ....going to try that in a topical next.

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
just read about it now, it sounds like it'd be a good addition.
so many things i'd like to try but i'm unemployed and my regimen's monthly cost is totalling up! :(

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
P.S. Got my Argan oil through today. Will spray some onto hair from now on a few times a week, see if it help. Maybe apply some to one of my temples for more noticeable differentiality.

Jacob

Reaction score
I see the plagiarizer and his gang are going to use some of Mibelle's. Not surprised they'd use something Jacob has been posting about and even using for some time. Hey..it's Saturday...lighten up :woot:

I've seen argan oil in some topical(s) for hair.....I'm pretty sure Morrocco Method uses it. I know I've seen it in shampoo as well. How's it smell?

ukmale24

Established Member
Reaction score
Plagiarizer? Was that over on Immortal? Have you used any of the PhytoCellTec stuff? What sort of results you got?

Honestly it smells pretty bad. Like a farm that's just been fertilized of cow sh*t. I doubt it's meant to smell good anyway, not like it's a flower! lol I'm figuring out the best way to apply it. thinking of getting a facial sauna so i might try that first so it opens my pores, and then apply it. will try in the corners of my temples or something.

---EDIT ---

Scratch the top paragraph, just seen PM :D