Please Help Me Decide, Artas Vs Smartgraft?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
, I blew $2,900 last year on 2 PRP procedures with absolutely no result. I also just started on DHT blocker shampoo and oral supplements. I am desperate!

I'm curious who did you PRP treatments? Do you mind telling.

Joy69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Yaker uses SmartGraft and I am schedule to see him in 2 days.

I have a few questions:

1- Is anyone here familiar with these doctors?

2- Any opinion on ARTAS vs SmartGraft?

Last edited:

topcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I have been a patient and observer of this industry for about 32 years now while also posting online. Several forums don’t allow me to post. I will make one comment here I don’t want to take the thread off topic. If I were a doctor and performing a hair transplant on a hairline and I’m not a doctor I would use hairs that are lower in the donor zone near the neck area. The reason being is the caliber smack dab in the middle of your head although robust is made up of usually darker and thicker caliber hairs which tend to look odd in the hairline. The hairs in the hairline are thinner in caliber and sometimes take on a more translucent tone. I also believe too much hair was transplanted and due to the general limitations of hair transplant surgery with that many hairs transplanted it is highly possibly that a good portion of your native hair was damaged and lost in order to squeeze in all those grafts. So ideally I would not choose FUT but FUE. You will also notice many that have had FUT in the hairline will do a slight comb forward because they find that regardless of how well placed the grafts are it just doesn't look right for example Jeremy Piven. I have found that people tend to stare or eyes beginning darting from eyes to hairline in a repetitive fashion which makes the patient even more uncomfortable then what they felt from their initial hair loss.

It is also my opinion that cosmetic surgery in general does not allow for one to sue because they don’t like what they see in the mirror. Many of those considering hair transplant don’t fully understand this. They don’t quite understand hair is part of the face and depending on how the hair is styled one can easily pick up on diverted eye contact during conversation with another if anything should appear out of place such a a thicker caliber and darker hair.

Where there is sometimes legal remedy is in marketing fraud. So if something was left out or if you believed something because of how it was presented to you and it turned out not to be true well then maybe it’s possible but you would need to consult a lawyer.

I do think it’s fixable but you don’t get many second chances and the nature of cosmetic surgery is such that if you do not thoroughly research it and you let your desperation push you into hurriedly trying to correct it you could easily end up deeper down the rabbit hole. This is what happens to so many in Hollywood for example endlessly trying to fix something only to make it worse. It's the fixing part that creates the real problems. Good luck I’m sure it’s distressing but take your time. In my opinion from 32 years of experience there are only a handful of doctors in the world can perform the procedure which is very limited to begin with.

You should also know that many of the forums are overrun with marketers posing as just readers/helpers and you can easily be led down the wrong road. Unfortunately you will probably need to spend at least a couple of years to figure it in my opinion in order to stay safe.

Our brains are wired in such a way that we use mirroring to make many of our decisions. Which is good and bad. It keeps us from becoming frozen because we find ourselves needing to over analyze everything we do but it also can become problematic if we are presented with an impression by a marketers which is false. Many of the threads on forums are made up and simple presented as bait for mirroring and directed toward readers. Basically you read how someone else resolved their problem then you do the same but is it true? You might have to start meeting people in person.

Last edited:

Joy69

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI Topcat... I appreciate taking your time for your response. I did research for a couple of years before I had it done. I met with other doctors. I had referrals I had before/after pics. Even with research someone can get to looking like this. I will have to figure it out. Thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated. :(