Point of suicide

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
I think it's just the way the light's shining on it TBH - it makes it look like it's thinning. Anyway that was 1.5 years ago, the pic you posted from a couple of months ago showed a full thick head of hair - so your regimen must be working.

So enjoy it! Many people here are envious of your hair.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is unbelievable, that's all I can say.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
to be fair ghg does have thinning. Quite visible. Wouldnt go as far as saying you were nearly bald. You still on treatments ghg??

my new story up btw. Drop in guys if yas ever have any advice for me!!:woot:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
to be fair ghg does have thinning. Quite visible. Wouldnt go as far as saying you were nearly bald. You still on treatments ghg??

my new story up btw. Drop in guys if yas ever have any advice for me!!:woot:

By practically bald I meant that I can't grow out my hair anymore without looking like a clown so I'm stuck with buzzing my hair every week or so. So in that respect I might aswell be bald.

I'm on minoxidil, finasteride caused me too many side-effects and zero hair growth nor even maintenance. Of course, I have been accused of lying about those sides also. I'm probably the only person on this forum who has constantly been called delusional, liar etc. although I have proved everything I've said with pics.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i get the same. i have only a small bit of thinning in the crown and fornt but its best to get it early. normal guy on the street wudnt kno i was balding.

have you tried finasteride down at .25mg or maybe dutasteride?

i was considering minoxidil tho i think the sheds could pull me below baseline.

you do have thinning. i can see how the wind would wreck your hair if it was long. i do think tho most ppl wudnt really notice. but you suit the buzz so hey

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
i get the same. i have only a small bit of thinning in the crown and fornt but its best to get it early. normal guy on the street wudnt kno i was balding.

have you tried finasteride down at .25mg or maybe dutasteride?

i was considering minoxidil tho i think the sheds could pull me below baseline.

you do have thinning. i can see how the wind would wreck your hair if it was long. i do think tho most ppl wudnt really notice. but you suit the buzz so hey

Yes, well my headshape isn't ideal for a close buzz or shave but hmm... it is what it is and I can't change it. I have buzzed my hair more or less for 2 years now and I kinda like it. I still wish I had a full head of hair, I'd probably grow a semi-long hair. But buzz is my 2nd favourite hairstyle after semi-long/long hair. I don't like styling my hair, never have. I always had very long hair before I started to lose it...

No finasteride for me anymore, I'd had to get a prescription for it again and that's too much hassle because it didn't help even when I took 1.25 mg a day for over half a year. I was on finasteride for 1.5 years and it did f*** all. All I got is more fat on feminine fat spots like chest, waist and ***, and that's no joking... and you're wrong, my hairloss is far beyond not noticeable. The last time it was undetectable was back in 2006, before a major scalp inflammation and shed.

A

Administrator

So needaHT ... did we save you from killing yourself?

Take a look at ghg's hairline .... is yours really any higher?

Hang in there. Things suck until you really get rolling in college.

Admin

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
Yes, well my headshape isn't ideal for a close buzz or shave but hmm... it is what it is and I can't change it. I have buzzed my hair more or less for 2 years now and I kinda like it. I still wish I had a full head of hair, I'd probably grow a semi-long hair. But buzz is my 2nd favourite hairstyle after semi-long/long hair. I don't like styling my hair, never have. I always had very long hair before I started to lose it...
You do have a good covrage, thinning nonetheless, and front-side looks good, i'd let it grow and use topiks if i was you...

Admin said:
So needaHT ... did we save you from killing yourself?

Take a look at ghg's hairline .... is yours really any higher?

Hang in there. Things suck until you really get rolling in college.

Admin
He has high hairline, but thats it, doesn't look like male pattern baldness to me, i actually think it looks good, needaHT post a picture and blur your eyes/face, i have a gut feeling its Gb's all over again (a good-looking guy with some confident issues), think of people like myself, my hair line starts at the middle of my f*****g head! i have to shave it all off, by your perspective i should commit suicide (as if.. :jackit: ) not before i knock 2000 virgins...:hairy: (already knocked IWP's sister..1999 to go :hump: .. j/k ofc.. or m i?!?.. muauhaha ;P)

needsaHT

Reaction score
I never in my life had I normal hairline Ive had a receded one since birth so I just want that dam experience of having it in ratio to the rest of my face. My hairline is around the same height as hgh but with more thickness. I mean you make it seem as if I am delusional but my whole 5 fingers fits on my forehead so something is definitely wrong.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
needsaHT said:
I never in my life had I normal hairline Ive had a receded one since birth so I just want that dam experience of having it in ratio to the rest of my face. My hairline is around the same height as hgh but with more thickness. I mean you make it seem as if I am delusional but my whole 5 fingers fits on my forehead so something is definitely wrong.

have you got a pic of your whole face to put it in proportion?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
needsaHT said:
Comparison is the root of all discontent. There is nothing wrong with you. You just have this idea of how you should be and the difference between the reality and the fantasy is driving you crazy. Now at your age I understand that comparing yourself to others is normal, as it is a way for you to gauge your place in the heirarchy of things and calculate your worth. Most young people's sense of worth comes from their appearance, probably because they don't have enough life experience to cultivate that worth from another source. I understand that it must have been difficult growing up with what you have and that experience has forged you into a kind of neurotic state. Hey going bald did the same for me, but you are not bald- you have long beautiful hair and as you get older you will not stand out as much for your age group. Your quite lucky compared to many of us here and I don't mean to belittle your pain but wanting to commit suicide is an insult by inference to those of us who are worse off than you. Get some perspective and try and summon your inner strength.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude no offense but a 5finger forehead is fine. not small but it aint massive. just wear a loose frindge if it bothers you..it shouldnt though.

suicide? dont
be a pussy. i hate pussies.(well.. not smooth's mums. Its a delicasse)

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
needsaHT said:
Comparison is the root of all discontent. There is nothing wrong with you. You just have this idea of how you should be and the difference between the reality and the fantasy is driving you crazy. Now at your age I understand that comparing yourself to others is normal, as it is a way for you to gauge your place in the heirarchy of things and calculate your worth. Most young people's sense of worth comes from their appearance, probably because they don't have enough life experience to cultivate that worth from another source. I understand that it must have been difficult growing up with what you have and that experience has forged you into a kind of neurotic state. Hey going bald did the same for me, but you are not bald- you have long beautiful hair and as you get older you will not stand out as much for your age group. Your quite lucky compared to many of us here and I don't mean to belittle your pain but wanting to commit suicide is an insult by inference to those of us who are worse off than you. Get some perspective and try and summon your inner strength.

well said.

needsaHT

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
needsaHT said:

You are generalizing that only appearance holds value to me, which is obviously untrue. I value many things that collectively create the human experience. Particularly my sense of worth comes from the understanding and synthesis of knowledge and furthermore a moment of eureka. To me I value what is novelty and the innovation. Illumination is what I value in cognition

When it comes to art and beauty you know it applies to the human body.
A receded hairline is an irregularity because it is out of proportion to the rest of the human body. Just as someone being a dwarf and having a wingspan that is a feet larger than scaled. A receded hairline is not largely on the basis of comparison, But a scale of the face. Something isnt wrong with me but what is wrong is the DNA code allowing the mutation to develop whenever it may have started.

needsaHT

Reaction score
qwyl5e.jpg

updated picture

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you are so concerned about your hairline being too high then why the hell do you wear your hair spiked up???

I have temple recession but you don't see me walking around with my hair slicked back.

Grow out some bangs dude. Short ones. Long ones might look awkward since your hairline IS admittedly high (but not abnormally so), but short ones will look good.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The problem is your age group. I had a receded hairline at 18 on one side. Made me feel like a freak because i didnt know anyone else with this problem. When i think about it i wasnt truly balding back then but my odd hairline made it look so. Im 24 now and my hairline is still receeding but because im older i think it defines me looking more manly and so doesnt bother me any more. Furthermore im much more comfortable with it now as alot more people my age are starting to receed and lose hair making me feel like am not such a freak losing my hair early. When your older more and more people your age will start to lose there hair and you suddenly wont look so odd next to them.

If your hairline bothers you so much grow your fringe long. I did this to cover up my crooked hairline and it worked for me until now. My hairlines too thin to grow a decent fringe and im balding at the crown and on top slightly. Safe to say your lucky in a way if baldness doesnt run your family, one day you may appreciate what you have.

Peach Fuzz

Reaction score
I can't believe the way some of the members are talking to this guy here on the forums. It is not helpful to tell him things like "at least you don't have male pattern baldness", or "there are people with much worse problems than you". The issue here is that he is not comfortable with his appearance, just as many of you are uncomfortable about yours.

While I cannot advise whether a hair transplant would be a good option for you, especially at your young age, I would like to reassure you that it is not unreasonable to lower a hairline with hair transplants. In fact, that was the reason I had my transplant just over a year ago. I wish I had done it much earlier in all honesty. (I'm 31 now). Have you thought about arranging to have a consultation with a hair transplant surgeon? They can certainly advise you on your options, and let you know what would be realistic. They will likely say not to lower your hairline too much since as you mature, it would start looking odd to have too low of a hairline. (Make sure you select a doctor who has a good reputation!)

Anyway, I can certainly identify with how you feel. You are being treated much too harshly in this thread by many members. I just don't get it.... :dunno:

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Peach Fuzz said:
I can't believe the way some of the members are talking to this guy here on the forums. It is not helpful to tell him things like "at least you don't have male pattern baldness", or "there are people with much worse problems than you". The issue here is that he is not comfortable with his appearance, just as many of you are uncomfortable about yours.

While I cannot advise whether a hair transplant would be a good option for you, especially at your young age, I would like to reassure you that it is not unreasonable to lower a hairline with hair transplants. In fact, that was the reason I had my transplant just over a year ago. I wish I had done it much earlier in all honesty. (I'm 31 now). Have you thought about arranging to have a consultation with a hair transplant surgeon? They can certainly advise you on your options, and let you know what would be realistic. They will likely say not to lower your hairline too much since as you mature, it would start looking odd to have too low of a hairline. (Make sure you select a doctor who has a good reputation!)

Anyway, I can certainly identify with how you feel. You are being treated much too harshly in this thread by many members. I just don't get it.... :dunno:

Trying to give someone a different perspective in life is not harsh. We are trying to help in our own way.