Possible Cheap And Effective Delivery Of Cetirizine Into The Scalp

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly a cetirizine expert, but IIRC the discussion was focused on how unstable it is in solutions.

I am going to contact a compounding pharmacy and see if they can figure out the details of mixing cetirizine in a way that could be applied topically.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to contact a compounding pharmacy and see if they can figure out the details of mixing cetirizine in a way that could be applied topically.

Did you ever figure out a way of turning cetirizine into a topical from the compounding pharmacy?

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out a way of turning cetirizine into a topical from the compounding pharmacy?

I used ethyl alcohol and diluted the cetirizine into that per the instructions in another thread here. A key step is to filter the final solution to remove larger particulates.

I had a poor experience. My hair started to look less healthy and that trend did not reverse. So I gave up on cetirizine. At this point, I cannot know if the problem was cetirizine or maybe some filler ingredient.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh that doesn't sound good. I wonder if ethyl alcohol didn't cause the problem somehow. If G33k is noticing something with Alpecin shampoo as a vehicle after the cetirizine maybe Alpecin after shampoo liquid would work the same.