post surgery maintenance

vayder

Reaction score
gillenator said:
Are you sure you want 4,000 FUE extractions taken from your scalp donor?

No, I'm not sure...that's what Dr. armani advised me...since I have diffuse thining..pattern 4 class 5...4000 is a lot..But I hear a person has at least 7000-8000 donor.

G

foozwooz,

What I mean is that 4,000 FUE extractions is in fact roughly 50% of the avarage patients' donor. Average meaning average density with average hair characteristics, especially hair caliber.

However, I don't know a thing about your donor density and it also sounds like you have a virgin scalp? I see alot of pics across the boead so 4,000 can affect the donor appearance. It also depends on far apart the extractions are from one another.

Obviously your entire scalp will be shaved down. Did you already shave it down so others could get used to seeing you this way or do you already buzz?

I wish you the best and let us know how things turn out for you.

vayder

Reaction score
gillenator said:
foozwooz,

What I mean is that 4,000 FUE extractions is in fact roughly 50% of the avarage patients' donor. Average meaning average density with average hair characteristics, especially hair caliber.

However, I don't know a thing about your donor density and it also sounds like you have a virgin scalp? I see alot of pics across the boead so 4,000 can affect the donor appearance. It also depends on far apart the extractions are from one another.

Obviously your entire scalp will be shaved down. Did you already shave it down so others could get used to seeing you this way or do you already buzz?

I wish you the best and let us know how things turn out for you.

I do have a virgin scalp. My first time after years of thinking about it and obviously saving all my money for it. The extractions are far apart as I could feel them when cleaning my donor area everyday. They shaved my head for me since they told they would shave it the right way which was kind of useless because I could have done a better job myself in order for people to get used to my look beforehand. I've actually taken 16 days from away work and I'm just hiding home( theres goes my yearly vacation time) . Only 2 close friends know about everything and of course family. Now zones 1,2 are complete and can not wait until I do zones 3 and 4. but that would be at least 4 months from now. or maybe.

G

That's great you took enough time off to heal. How many grafts did they actually do? Also good the extractions were spaced evenly throughout the donor zone. Got any pics? :)

vayder

Reaction score

Im missing a lot of event, dinners, potential dates from hiding home...but it will be all worth it...
I will post pics on the 2 month mark on order...its too early to post pics now.

G

Cool. It's just that some want to see what your donor site looks like, specifically patients considering FUE. But as always, we respect your right to privacy too. Glad you are doing well and don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to catch up, only WITH HAIR this time. :bravo:

vayder

Reaction score
gillenator said:
Cool. It's just that some want to see what your donor site looks like, specifically patients considering FUE. But as always, we respect your right to privacy too. Glad you are doing well and don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to catch up, only WITH HAIR this time. :bravo:

I appreciate that...I will post pictures of the donor area in time though.

Reaction score
It has been one week since my hair transplant.

Doctor told me to boil water and then wait for it to come down until room temperature and then wash my hair with it.

I have washed my hair with such water but it was slightly warm. Now I'm afraid if I did any damage to the grafts.

Any suggestions ?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I highly doubt that hot water could do any damage after 1 week.

vayder

Reaction score
Fellow_Sufferer said:
It has been one week since my hair transplant.

Doctor told me to boil water and then wait for it to come down until room temperature and then wash my hair with it.

I have washed my hair with such water but it was slightly warm. Now I'm afraid if I did any damage to the grafts.

Any suggestions ?

Do not over worry about it. It only makes it harder for you and your mental health.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Rassman did a study and basically concluded that on the 8th day post hair transplant the graft is permanently lodged. So I think you are fine

Reaction score
Right, how about 'Drinks' ?

I got drunk on the 10th day after the Surgery and on the 14th day after the Surgery ? The Doctor didn't give me any instructions about Alcohol Consumption.

I plan to restrict my drinking to "once a week" from now on.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Man you are too paranoid. :shakehead: