procyanidin from Apple poly

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
After a pretty nasty allergic reaction to rogaine - my entire face bloated, skin itched, eyes watered - I'm going to try the procyandin product from Apple poly.

Although I am unsure about the company Apple poly, The science on procyandin looks legit, so what the heck.

I'm a pretty aggressive/advanced diffused thinner, so any gains will be easily apparent. I'll periodically update this thread.

G

Well ever since I started experiencing hair loss (a few months ago) I have always thought procyanidin will help. Some people say red wine and grape seed can help with hair loss and guess what? they both contain procyanidin.

Red Delicious and Granny Smith apples have a large amounts of procyanidin in their skin compared to most other apples, eating 3 or 4 a day could benefit your hair, who knows?

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
The studies for, at least, topical application of procyandin look pretty damn legit.

I'm sure taking a supplement orally would help but as to how much, who knows.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The oral tablets from applepoly made my head itch too much. I've heard they contain way too much vitamin a which can be bad for you.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
The oral tablets from applepoly made my head itch too much. I've heard they contain way too much vitamin a which can be bad for you.

No offense, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that the applepoly tablets made JUST your head itch.

Does it even contain Vitamin A?

G

BoilerRoom said:
follicle84 said:

No offense, but I SERIOUSLY doubt that the applepoly tablets made JUST your head itch.

Does it even contain Vitamin A?

Some say your head itching is a sign you are losing your hair, I get this too but I am suffering from male pattern baldness, and get head itches at the back and sides of my head too. Some people say a frequent, long term head itch is a sign your hair loss treatment is working. I don't know which to believe.

I am aware that excessive Vitamin A causes hair loss but from what I can find on Google, Apple Polyphenol does not contain Vitamin A, but lots of Vitamin C.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes it might of been vitamin C. Its been a long time since i last used applepoly so i dont remember that much of it. It was relativelly new back then. I do remember reading it had too much of something that could be bad for you in large doses it might of been orac. I cant remember the source because google changes its pages frequently and this was 3 years ago. I do know what i experienced was scalp itching whether that be psycholgical or another matter entirelly who knows. I naturally presumed it could of been the applepoly tablets.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
I am seriously thinking about adding apple poly(topical) to my regimen(alternative to minoxidi) as growth stimulant. In applepoly's site(a product that has apple procyanindins)the sellers exclaim that these apple procyanindins are up to 200% Better compared to minoxidil.There was a one japanese study showing better regrow properties(with apple procyanindins) on mouse than minoxidil.
I just wonder if it can give the same amazing and impressive regrowth as minoxidil

Here is Bryan's opinion of apple procyanidins:
Bryan said:
They apparently do work, at least to some extent. I have an old study (buried deep in my Study Stack) which tested them. They seemed to work about as well as minoxidil in their experimental setup, if I recall correctly. It's been years since I read it, so I have to trust my memory on all that.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is the first time in a long time that I've actually been impressed by the studies for a hair loss treatment outside of the BIG 3.

Procyandin looks legit. My only hesitation is the quality of the product, but we'll see.

I'm planning to use the Poly-Gro in the morning and Rogaine at night to cover both of my bases.

With Propecia, Nizoral 2% (every other day), Piroctone Olamine/Tea Tree Shampoo (every other), spironolactone cream (once), Rogaine (once a day), and Poly-Gro (once), I'm throwing everything I can at this.

I'm sticking with this regimen for at least a year.

neis

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep us updated dude,

Best of luck with your regimen and apple poly, anyways ...

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update:

Cosmetically, the spray is pretty decent. So far I have no irritation and the forumula dries quickly but does not feel loaded with alcohol. It leaves my hair pretty sticky but nothing that would stop me from using it in the morning.

devilsrule2004

Reaction score
best of luck
sbiggrin.gif
keep us up to date

G

how is it working out then? Been over a month since your last update

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing major in the way of growth to report yet. I'm giving this at least 6 months.

However, I can say that I'm definitely noticing some anti-inflammatory effects from it. Aside from the initial dryness for a while after application, my scalp feels great and far less sore.

Disclaimer:
I'm closing it on 8 months use with 2% Keto, which according to a chart posted on that human experiment site, is when the effects really start to escalate.

This may muddle my judgment on the Apply poly spray.

Shomi

Reaction score
So, did it worked? It's been a year from your last post, does anyone heard from boilerroom?

CCS

Reaction score
The study used purified B2, B3, and C1. I think just the B2 is in apple skins, and C1 is in barley.

Purification is expensive. Done for the study, but the stuff you buy online is a random mix of polyphenols from apple skins. I bet it helps, but there is no way of knowing how good it would be compared to the stuff used in the study.

I would not spend $80. But if you got cash and hate minoxidil, give it a try. I put a tiny pinch of apple polyphenols in my piroctone olamine shampoo.

Jocko59

Reaction score
I used the spray and capsules for about 6 months. I didn't notice any difference. However, at least I got my money back; they honored their guarantee.

Shomi

Reaction score
Really??
On which site did you buy it, and what was their terms that you have to follow before they give you your money back?(something like length of use, or number of products used, etc..)