Pumpkin seeds and pumpkin seed oil

idunnolol

Reaction score
Does it work? If so, to what extent and what's the quantity we're talking about one has to consume from either the raw seeds or the oil? Anyone got any reliable sources on that?

Additional info: pumpkin seeds are a national dish where I'm from and thus rather cheap for me to obtain. Oh, and I'm a NW2 btw

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score

PreCueBall

Reaction score
Not sure if it works but I pop 1000 mg a day (NOW brand). Even if it doesn't work to a large extent for hair loss it's still a good source of omega fatty acids. I read somewhere that Fish Oil raises DHT yet I see a lot of people taking it. I don't know where I read it and I'm too tired atm to look it up but I've definitely be under that impression. If that is the case then Pumpkin Seed Oil is a good substitute.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Im trying it. Not consistent. Will try to change that tomorrow. There is a study that supports it working. I think if you add it to other things that's working, then it will "work" because I doubt if it does anything on it's on. Somethings will help only in combo wih other things.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it works but I pop 1000 mg a day (NOW brand). Even if it doesn't work to a large extent for hair loss it's still a good source of omega fatty acids. I read somewhere that Fish Oil raises DHT yet I see a lot of people taking it. I don't know where I read it and I'm too tired atm to look it up but I've definitely be under that impression. If that is the case then Pumpkin Seed Oil is a good substitute.

fish oil raise dht,?? would be intrested if it can be confirmed.
concerning omega i readed its essentially composed of omega 6 which promotes inflammation process, which is bad . it need to be balanced with omega 3.

K

karankaran

I have started using 3g of PSO from 5th July. I will stick to this for the next 6 months.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
ha ok, hope you will post reports about that!

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
fish oil raises dht?? would be interesting if it can be confirmed.
DHT or not, it raises 'bad' cholesterol, at low dosage that is. But it is good for weight loss, five grams or so; possibly less works too. Now, about the PSO/PS: in any case these should not be heat-treated.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a source in America? Does it matter the kind of pressing and if it's organic?

How about using the oil both orally and topically?

PreCueBall

Reaction score
I use the NOW brand. I've only read up on it orally not topically. I'm pretty sure Linoleic Acid (which is in PSO) is used topically and is in shampoos such as Regenepure. Frenchy were you talking about Fish Oil or PSO when you mentioned the predominatly Omega 6 fatty acids?

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
I use the NOW brand. I've only read up on it orally not topically. I'm pretty sure Linoleic Acid (which is in PSO) is used topically and is in shampoos such as Regenepure. Frenchy were you talking about Fish Oil or PSO when you mentioned the predominatly Omega 6 fatty acids?

i was talking about PSO

integ

Reaction score
used it topically. Surprisingly, it dried out my hair. (But for reasons I don't know, stopping to use spectral.dnc-l has the same effect, and while I didn't stop using it, and applied the oil some hours after, maybe it somehow interferes. I don't know.)

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
used it topically. Surprisingly, it dried out my hair. (But for reasons I don't know, stopping to use spectral.dnc-l has the same effect, and while I didn't stop using it, and applied the oil some hours after, maybe it somehow interferes. I don't know.)

interesting. i think i'm going to try using it topically on my right hairline and see if there's a difference at 1-3 months compared to my left hairline

ben760

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it can have the same sides as finasteride in the longterm? It is a dht inhibitor so it may produce finasteride related sides.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I would be most interested if you could present us with pre/post pics of your excellent results due to LLT. Thanks for sharing.