Putting Avodart To The Test. At Least 1 Year.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As of next week I'll be jumping from finasteride to avodart. Finasteride for 3 years now & it's worked great. Hairline and temples yet to recover still thin but a lot better than when I started my regime. I'm doing this purely to put avodart and the whole hairline bullshit to the test & see what happens.

My current regime : finasteride 1mg daily. Minoxidil foam 2x daily. Keto shampoo 2/3x weekly.

New regime as of next week : avodart .5 daily. Minoxidil oral daily. Minoxidil 5% 2x daily. Dermaroll before minoxidil. Keto shampoo2/3x weekly. Vitimins/perilla for inflammatory reasons.

There's no reason for the extra use of minoxidil I'm just keen to see what it does.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New regime as of next week : avodart .5 daily. Minoxidil oral daily. Minoxidil 5% 2x daily. Dermaroll before minoxidil. Keto shampoo2/3x weekly. Vitimins/perilla for inflammatory reasons.

Good regimen. Dermarolling and minoxidil are both very powerful weapons when combined with dutasteride.

When I made the change to Avodart suffered a massive shedding, be patient it can happen but with time you will recover the lost hair.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good regimen. Dermarolling and minoxidil are both very powerful weapons when combined with dutasteride.

When I made the change to Avodart suffered a massive shedding, be patient it can happen but with time you will recover the lost hair.
what month did you shed?

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using duta since April 22nd... nothing positive to report really except no side effects. Hope you have better luck than me.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
already have brain fog 0.5mg and 1mg of finasteride a day. im still going to stick to it, my libido seems to have lessened slightly compared to finasteride alone.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what month did you shed?

First 6 months and it was a f*****g nighmare. As a diffuse thinner i was really vulnerable to the slightest change in density.

Then it stabilized and im quite sure, given my strong genetic predisposition, without avodart it would have been game over for me really fast.

Last november added dermarolling 1.5mm two times per week + minoxidil 5%.

Best decision of my life without any doubt.

Last edited:

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First 6 months and it was a f*****g nighmare. As a diffuse thinner i was really vulnerable to the slightest change in density.

Then it stabilized and im quite sure, given my strong genetic predisposition, without avodart it would have been game over for me really fast.

Last november added dermarolling 1.5mm + 5% Minoxidil two times per week.

good stuff. iv got a dermaroller but cant get the motivation to use it. i have no results from kirkland foam so once its finished going to give regaine a go for 6 months

Steph90

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the dermaroller and have had some success. I am also treating my hairloss with other meds also so who knows if the dermaroller is actually doing anything. I do remember seeing a thread around here were they posted some promising information on the use of the dermaroller so I would not totally rule it out as being an affective treatment.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Received all medication today, will begin tomorrow. Has anyone had experience with 1mg oral minoxidil?

If you've been on dht inhibitors and still seem to be loosing your hair.. have a look into other possibilities. Aye our first priority is to block the convention of dht, what's our second? Remove scalp inflammation id say. How do you expect follicles to survive when they're being suffocated from inflammation. I reckon blocking dht is the easy part.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Last november added dermarolling 1.5mm + 5% Minoxidil two times per week.

How long have you been on dutasteride?

iSlapBitches

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need a topical anti androgen in this regimen. That will actually bring the changes you’re hoping to see from switching finasteride to dutasteride.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need a topical anti androgen in this regimen. That will actually bring the changes you’re hoping to see from switching finasteride to dutasteride.

I'm using keto shampoo(nizoral).. I travel a lot I'm in Aus at the moment and I can't get ru.