Putting Avodart To The Test. At Least 1 Year.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 or 2 max. dont press too much and stop when the first drop of blood appears. Put the minoxidil right after.

Im very careful when disinfecting the tool, thats really important.

Im a diffuse thinner recovering my NW1 hairline coming from a Norwood 2.7

Last edited:

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 or 2 max. I dont press to much and stop when the first drop of blood appears. Put the minoxidil right after.

Im very careful when disinfecting the tool, thats really important.

Im a diffuse thinner recovering my NW1 hairline coming from a Norwood 2.7
Do you still get the itch?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But you’ve had the itch and you’ve still had gains?

Yes, itch is considered inflammation symptom.

Even when i was only on dutasteride i still had the itch but the remaining hair stayed the same.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, itch is considered as an inflammation symptom.

Even when i was only on dutasteride i still had the itch but the remaining hair stayed the same.
So even though you had the itch you didn’t lose any more hair, and did you have any sheds?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So even though you had the itch you didn’t lose any more hair, and did you have any sheds?

The first 6 months on dutasteride, like i said, shedded a lot.

Then the shedding stopped, hair regrew.

The itch was diminished by dutasteride, but it didnt go completely away (especially on the temple and frontal region) until i started dermarolling.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Whats your regimen and Norwood situation?

Keep in mind its really hard to regrow hair in advanced cases (Norwood 3 and beyond).

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The itch was diminished by dutasteride, but it didnt go completely away (especially on the temple and frontal region) until i started dermarolling.
Thanks for your help man

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

May I ask about your time table of what you are using? I.e. what did you use first and for how long? Did Minoxidil come later or just the dermarolling? Did you get any regrowth from finasteride/duta alone or was mino key here?

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats your regimen and Norwood situation?

Keep in mind its really hard to regrow hair in advanced cases (Norwood 3 and beyond).
I’m a 3...., but thick hair hides it a little bit. I just wanna maintain

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a 3...., but thick hair hides it a little bit. I just wanna maintain

anti-androgen is everyone's best bet for maintenance or at the very least considerable decrease in hair loss.

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
anti-androgen is everyone's best bet for maintenance or at the very least considerable decrease in hair loss.
Well, you see I got that covered, hell I just ordered 5g of ru today. We’ll see how that goes. You ever gave ru a go? I hear it works fairly quick and if it’s not working after a month you can be pretty sure it’s not at all.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, you see I got that covered, hell I just ordered 5g of ru today. We’ll see how that goes. You ever gave ru a go? I hear it works fairly quick and if it’s not working after a month you can be pretty sure it’s not at all.

While dutasteride is certainly no joke, I'm not sure I wanna buy some random powder from some obscure Chinese lab if I want to exaggerate a bit. ;)

Splatt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While dutasteride is certainly no joke, I'm not sure I wanna buy some random powder from some obscure Chinese lab if I want to exaggerate a bit. ;)
I feel yah brotha, but a lot of this isn’t vanity for me. The male pattern baldness itch you hear about, well I got it and I got it bad. I was talking to someone today who told that they were in the same boat and that ru would squash that sh*t in a few days. It’s hard for me to make it through an entire shift at work bc of this....thank jebus I own part of the company, but it’s ruling every facet of my life bc of the pain. I gotta take control some how, and I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to do the trick, so hear goes another a bit bit of an exaggeration

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tons of new hair, but im quite sure having very low DHT thanks to Avodart helped a lot
I feel yah brotha, but a lot of this isn’t vanity for me. The male pattern baldness itch you hear about, well I got it and I got it bad. I was talking to someone today who told that they were in the same boat and that ru would squash that sh*t in a few days. It’s hard for me to make it through an entire shift at work bc of this....thank jebus I own part of the company, but it’s ruling every facet of my life bc of the pain. I gotta take control some how, and I’ve tried everything and nothing seems to do the trick, so hear goes another a bit bit of an exaggeration

have you spoke to your dermatologist about this itch? Sounds awful. Hope the ru works for you man.