quantity of propecia

johnny000

Reaction score
i am 19 and am perfectly aware due to my families history that it is practically inevitable that i will go bald. i already have extremely thin hair and am receding at the temples. i am planning to start taking finasteride and have conducted alot of research into the possible side effects etc. due to my age it means that ill probably be altering my hormone levels for the vast majority of my life by taking finasteride. so for this reason i have decided to start on approx 0.25mg and see if that can slow it on its own because i know research has shown this is a possibilty.

it also appears that the effect of finasteride can reduce after years i have decided this would also give me the option to increase the dosage laer in my lifetime.

i would very much appreciate your views on my thoughts, as i know alot of people on this forum are far more experienced than me. i would like to keep my hair, but am extremely aware that there is far more to life, so am concerned primarily with my health.

thankyou very much for any help you can give me.

G

It sounds Ok to me. See how it goes for six months. My finasteride ran out about 5 days ago. I get a new batch tomorrow... yummy yummy.....

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why worry about side effects before you know if you will have any? (most people don't).

I would start at the more effective dose of 1mg. You can always cut down IF you have any problems.

johnny000

Reaction score
cheers for your replies. yeh i know 1 mg will work, but if it was possible to only have say 0.25 mg, 4 like a few years and it would still be effective, then surely that wud b better.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt it be better to get the best possible growth now at 1mg and then in the future you can increase to 2, 3, 4 5mg if you need to.

Just my opinion.

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to say, but this whole 'slowly increasing the dosage in order to maintain the effectiveness' theory is a very doubtful one.

johnny000

Reaction score
cheers again guys. ok there is no way id want to increase the doseage to 5mg, that seems too much to me. also im only trying to retain the current hair, im not looking to grow anymore.

G

That's all you can expect on finasteride. If finasteride can maintain then that's a bloody good start in my books.

lossing my hair

Established Member
Reaction score
johnny000 said:
i am 19 and am perfectly aware due to my families history that it is practically inevitable that i will go bald. i already have extremely thin hair and am receding at the temples. i am planning to start taking finasteride and have conducted alot of research into the possible side effects etc. due to my age it means that ill probably be altering my hormone levels for the vast majority of my life by taking finasteride. so for this reason i have decided to start on approx 0.25mg and see if that can slow it on its own because i know research has shown this is a possibilty.

it also appears that the effect of finasteride can reduce after years i have decided this would also give me the option to increase the dosage laer in my lifetime.

i would very much appreciate your views on my thoughts, as i know alot of people on this forum are far more experienced than me. i would like to keep my hair, but am extremely aware that there is far more to life, so am concerned primarily with my health.

thankyou very much for any help you can give me.

dude, i understand because your age why would you want to start at .25mg. but the truth is don't expect the best results with .25mg. as an matter of fact don't expect the best results with .5mg . yeah, i know and have read those studys and chart that shows propecia lowering down dht levels almost as 1mg. but the fact is merck did studys on all those doses and it showed that .5mg didn't show much effect on hair growth as 1.mg. there are alot of assumptions on this subject but just look at it this way, if .5mg was effective as 1.mg in hair growth and hair maintainance, propecia would have been .5mg. i also would assume that if .25mg decreases the sides, it will also decrease the benefits. many people take lower dosage than the recommended dose, if that't the case don't blame propecia for not working.

johnny000

Reaction score
yeh yeh, i know your right i spose. just it fkn sucks that iv gota take this drug for prob the vast majority of my life, when proven or night, its quite possible there will be sides. i suppose its a bit like women and the birth control pill. theres always doubts about side effects

hardcastle

Reaction score
Hey, I wouldn't worry about the rest of your life right now. Chances are that the next few years will see developments that might be vastly superior to finasteride.

drinkrum

Reaction score
hardcastle said:
Hey, I wouldn't worry about the rest of your life right now. Chances are that the next few years will see developments that might be vastly superior to finasteride.

I dunno if I would bank on that. People have been saying this since finasteride's inception in the late '90s about dutasteride and some other topicals. None of them amounted to anything.

D.